BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
nickbee
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-Mobile
Default Stopped at the TMOB store at Short Hills, NJ Today...

Please Login to Remove!

I asked if they had a demo unit of the 8100 and the dude just played dumb (ok, maybe he was not playing). So much for a sneak preview…
Old 09-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
mpallo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbee
I asked if they had a demo unit of the 8100 and the dude just played dumb (ok, maybe he was not playing). So much for a sneak preview…

yep...was at my retail store in Rochester, NY today and the rep seemed shocked I even knew anything about the words "pearl" or "8100"

I didn't press hard but it was obvious there were at least some demo units within 10 feet of me LOL.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
kneyens
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

When I stopped in my local store in Dallas, TX and the rep told me she didn't know anything about it I replied "so you don't know anything wink wink, or you don't know anything?"

She replied wink, wink and the proceeded to divulge some information including the release date and she even offered to hold one for me. Not that i won't be camped out the night before (-:
Old 09-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

I felt the same way when I stopped by the store here in Atlanta. He looked around when he told me he got to use it already. I know he had one because he let me mess with the SK3 before it was available. LOL
Old 09-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

I'm so glad I have a store that trusts me and I never have to work hard for info. Heck, when I came in last week, my rep saw me come in and said, "Hey, we've got an 8100. Wanna see?"

LOL
Old 09-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
chadamorrill

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
Heck, when I came in last week, my rep saw me come in and said, "Hey, we've got an 8100. Wanna see?"
Same here. Only it was more like "Wanna mess with it?" Really cool device. Asked me to "close other applications" before using the camera though. Wonder if it ran out of memory?!?! That didn't settle too well with me, but other than that the device was really neat. The keys will take a little getting used to, as the center column is a little lower than on my 7100i. The interface (Zen theme) is incredible, not to mention the screen! They had a default video loaded on there, and the playback was flawless. The trackball was a little funky at first, but you have to get used to pressing a little harder than the ball on my Apple mouse. It didn't register that i wanted to move it the first time. It was so stinkin sweet though. I almost want to go back tomorrow over lunch just so i can play with it again! I've got picts but nothing better than what's out there. Just the 8100 next to an 8700. Anyway... freakin sweet thing. Can't wait till they come out!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadamorrill
Same here. Only it was more like "Wanna mess with it?" Really cool device. Asked me to "close other applications" before using the camera though. Wonder if it ran out of memory?!?! That didn't settle too well with me, but other than that the device was really neat. The keys will take a little getting used to, as the center column is a little lower than on my 7100i. The interface (Zen theme) is incredible, not to mention the screen! They had a default video loaded on there, and the playback was flawless. The trackball was a little funky at first, but you have to get used to pressing a little harder than the ball on my Apple mouse. It didn't register that i wanted to move it the first time. It was so stinkin sweet though. I almost want to go back tomorrow over lunch just so i can play with it again! I've got picts but nothing better than what's out there. Just the 8100 next to an 8700. Anyway... freakin sweet thing. Can't wait till they come out!
Yeah, I played with it for about an hour...
Old 09-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
maverick777

I walked into Stonebrier Mall in Dallas, Texas this past weekend. The T-mobile store had the phones in stock and even had one to demo. The T-mobile guy was actually going over all the new features and showing another gentlemen how to use it.

I was shocked to see it before the release date as most places have been pretty tight lipped.

He comfirmed a $199 price. $399 with no contract!!! Which is still not bad.

Also was pretty amazed at how small it was.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
MuellerAir
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Maverick777,

Did you ask if you were able to purchase?

I will drive from Houston to DFW if i can get my hands on one this week!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #10
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint
Default LA. Knows nothing.

Went to three stores in Los angeles, (two corp and one dealer.)
Not one rep new anything. No they weren't playing dumb. They really were uniformed.

It seems corp will get it on the 12th and indy dealers on or about the 28th. Old news, I know.

One rep thought I was talking about a nokia. they really are clueless.
Closed Thread