Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default Worldmate 4.0 - several issues

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded to this version about 2 weeks ago and so far, it seems to be plagued with problems. I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

1 - They added a feature called TripCatch that is actually pretty neat. It is supposed to take care of putting your flights, car rentals, hotels in your schedule for you and it does that well. What I find annoying, is that when co-workers copy me on their flights and such, TripCatch also puts their information on my schedule. I guess it's not as smart as they think it is!

2 - Worldmate utilizes time zones, so items put in at 9:00 am will be changed to the correct time zone when you arrive, and I've gotten used to that for a while now. I'd prefer it have, as a version did a while back, the option to disable time zone changes, but that's another story. What I find irritating is it's not putting things in the proper time slot. I put something in Outlook, and it's ending up at another (totally unrelated) time in Worldmate. Or on some, I put them in on Worldmate and they end up in the wrong time, some by 6 hours in a one time zone change. Car rentals are all being put in 6-8 hours ahead of the time noted on the confirmation!

I've contacted support at Worldmate, but they either don't care, or simply don't understand what I'm trying to tell them - there is a bug that needs to be addressed. I've been using this program for well over a year and I know how it works!

Until they fix it, I'm going to disable TripCatch and hope to heck they can fix the time problem soon. Is anyone else having these problems? By the way, I'm a Gold Member, so they actually do answer my emails - that's really the only way to get a response.

I'm running OS 5.0.0.862, on BES, using Outlook 2007

This really is a very good organizational tool, just frustrating right now that it's got problems...

Thanks -

Randy
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

There has been another 4.0 release of WorldMate Live over the last several days -- you might want to check it out. For issue 1), you can configure TripCatch to prompt before processing an e-mail.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah, I've got the latest version and in order to work around their issues, I've set that feature to prompt me before sending it on. thanks for the response...

Randy
Old 08-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #4
joju58
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

How long it takes to reboot your devices guys who's using a Worldmate ? I dumped it because this app locks a Memory Cleaner to be only enabled, can you guys check if you can switch to disable a Memory Cleaner ? thx in advance
Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have about 6 minutes for a re-boot - don't know if Worldmate causes it, but it's a pain. I checked and I am not able to disable Memory Cleaner, not sure why...but also, not willing to dump this program even with it's issues...

Randy
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Heard back from Worldmate, and they admit it won't check to see if the confirmation is for me or someone else. I had to disable the auto part of TripCatch.

as for it putting some stuff in the wrong time slot in Outlook, still doing it in some areas I travel, but not all...figure that one out. The one's it's messing up are in the same time zone!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joju58 View Post
How long it takes to reboot your devices guys who's using a Worldmate ? I dumped it because this app locks a Memory Cleaner to be only enabled, can you guys check if you can switch to disable a Memory Cleaner ? thx in advance
Are you connected to a BES? If so, it's BES policy, not WML that forces Memory Cleaner to be enabled.
Closed Thread