Old 05-03-2005, 01:46 AM   #61
atwageman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VERIZON

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzuluberries
ok, updated software on my 7520 and i still don't have that html browser. suggestions anyone......anyone??

HH software 4.0.0.249
What area of the country are you located in. They rolling this out region by region.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:18 AM   #62
Coupdetat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

Sorta frustrated here, all my apps work except email, and both html viewers. What's the official answer to get html and email back?

vBulletin Message
This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds before submitting another search. You have 18 seconds to wait before another search will be allowed.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:56 AM   #63
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Question for all my Nextel brothers and sisters has anyone figured out a way to go to a page instead of links when you click on the internet browser. Also has anyone played with the emulation settings?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #64
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupdetat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

Sorta frustrated here, all my apps work except email, and both html viewers. What's the official answer to get html and email back?
After receiving the new browser everything seemed to work for a little while but then after that EVERYTHING stopped, no email, no browsing, nothing. I had to call Nextel. They had me remove all my service books, do a master radio reset and then re-register. The first time it didn't work, I had to do it twice but now everything is OK again, but I don't have the new browser anymore.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 AM   #65
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac
After receiving the new browser everything seemed to work for a little while but then after that EVERYTHING stopped, no email, no browsing, nothing. I had to call Nextel. They had me remove all my service books, do a master radio reset and then re-register. The first time it didn't work, I had to do it twice but now everything is OK again, but I don't have the new browser anymore.
This is the second time I have said this cayzac go to service book and do undelete and the browser will show back up the same thing happened to me if you wait for Nextel to give it back to you it wont come back. Because its still there only hidden.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:42 AM   #66
cayzac

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
This is the second time I have said this cayzac go to service book and do undelete and the browser will show back up the same thing happened to me if you wait for Nextel to give it back to you it wont come back. Because its still there only hidden.
Dawg
I appreciate your comments, I tried yesterday what you said and "undelete" is not an option. I know what you're talking about, I know after you delete a service book you can click the wheel and undelete it but that isn't an option for me. I'm assuming that's because of the master radio reset and hard reset (removing battery) that Nextel had me do after I deleted the service book. Thanks again, wished it were that easy for me, but its not.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #67
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok ..

confused here.. tried re-sending service books .. and internet browsing books . from webclient. tried reboot...

im wondering if i need to upgrade the handheld software? already running OS4

im in the NY market
Old 05-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #68
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Question for all my Nextel brothers and sisters has anyone figured out a way to go to a page instead of links when you click on the internet browser. Also has anyone played with the emulation settings?
Click on new browser icon, highlight any of the three folders, click on on the wheel, then highlight "Go To" in the window, click wheel again you should get a Go To http:// window pop up, type you page, highlight "Ok" click wheel agai and your flying.

Yes I have I like Blackberry the best so far, very compatable with various sites, I have Log-In to all the usual sites, paypal, yahoo, ameritrade, charter,BB Forums, Nextel, Web Client, Newegg, eBay, Mapquest, my own and several other FTP sites all with zero issue.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #69
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

question.. master radio reset will erase all from the Bb or just set everything to default settings?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:13 AM   #70
joelw

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Yesterday, 5/2/05 5PM EST. Updated to v 4.0.0319 and it showed up 2 hrs later. Still slow though but not complaining, better than WAP and if I want broadband speed then I'll stay home.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #71
rta53

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac
Dawg
I appreciate your comments, I tried yesterday what you said and "undelete" is not an option. I know what you're talking about, I know after you delete a service book you can click the wheel and undelete it but that isn't an option for me. I'm assuming that's because of the master radio reset and hard reset (removing battery) that Nextel had me do after I deleted the service book. Thanks again, wished it were that easy for me, but its not.
Cayzac,

I read in another thread that you were behind a BES. I have the same situation. Seems like now when I try to use the new browser the old Blackberry Browser launches instead. I have even gone into Browser options and changed my default browser to Internet Browser, but the Blackberry Browser still runs. Anyone else have any advice about using the new browser with a BES? Oh, and by the way, before I did Enterprise Activation after upgrading to the new software for the 7520, the Internet Browser did work.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #72
NEXQUIN

Carrier: NEXTEL

I finally was able to use the Telenav app last night and it is very nice. The screen of course is alot better (larger) than the other Nextel phones so it has room to show you the turn you're about to take plus the one that follows that. Able to find up maps and compasses also...as you can tell I'm loving it!!!! Anybody else having success with the Telenav service. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:28 AM   #73
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Lightbulb

Just a heads up...when you use the Go To screen it saves your last http:// you typed in...sweet.

Brilliant!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #74
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_AB
Click on new browser icon, highlight any of the three folders, click on on the wheel, then highlight "Go To" in the window, click wheel again you should get a Go To http:// window pop up, type you page, highlight "Ok" click wheel agai and your flying.

Yes I have I like Blackberry the best so far, very compatable with various sites, I have Log-In to all the usual sites, paypal, yahoo, ameritrade, charter,BB Forums, Nextel, Web Client, Newegg, eBay, Mapquest, my own and several other FTP sites all with zero issue.
Yeah I know how to go to a page I was just wondering if anyone had figured out how to set a homepage to it instead of the links
Old 05-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #75
kan3

hmmm...I haven't gotten the browser yet is there something I may be missing?

I upgraded to v4.0.0.249 last week and have tried taking the battery out as well but nothing new
Old 05-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #76
richguy

Up and running great with the Nextel HTML browser in a suburb of Chicago. Had to enable Java script for my web mail. No problem to change the home page, while on a site select options/browser configuration and edit home page address.

Rich
Old 05-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #77
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richguy
Up and running great with the Nextel HTML browser in a suburb of Chicago. Had to enable Java script for my web mail. No problem to change the home page, while on a site select options/browser configuration and edit home page address.

Rich
I did that it still goes to the links everytime. I want to go straight here when I hit the icon but no such luck
Old 05-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #78
sheakt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Haven't seen it in Boston yet... at least I don't have it...

--K
Old 05-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #79
NXTL*BRIAN

Cool HTML Browswer...

I was just seeing if I were able to set my homepage up to the site where I do my credit checks. After I set it as the homepage it did activate it as my homepage. However, Dawg, I see the same problem as you, I must click homepage from the list that first opens to continue to it. It sure would be nice if it automatically started up there. Whether it does or doesnt will not affect me. I am just glad that its free and by RIM so its going to be reliable. I was so close to sending the 30 bucks to ReqWireless. Thank Godness I checked this post before sending them a money order.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #80
mboltcocacola

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

I got the browser at about 9am (5/2) in Houston, but everything went down, including my account being suspended, at about noon. The funny thing is that I lost all connectivity, but my Telenav was working flawlessly. Go figure. After calling, deleting the service books and several hours of waiting, the service books came through without the browser, about 9pm. Bummer. I then took the battery out, waited a couple of minutes, reinserted, and SURPRISE! The browser came back again.