BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
username9999

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: virgin mobile canada
Default bold 9780 app error 606, white screen, endless loop.. can I recover my DATA??

Please Login to Remove!

I am very disappointed, but I am hopeful that my problem can be solved by somebody. I hold blackberry in very high esteem, and I am confident my problem will be solvable. I have been a blackberry user for at least 2 years. My first was a curve 8330 When I decided to upgrade I had many choices, android, iphone, or back to blackberry. I picked blackberry because although it was not as "fancy", another words much eye candy, I figured it had A LOT OF THINGS GOING FOR IT: battery life, STABLE OPERATING SYSTEM, very secure. I think I even partly inflenced my brother's decesion to get a blackberry, although I wanted him make the decision that was right for him. Now I got an app error 606. HERE IS WHY I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. From reading the blogs, this app error 606 has been around since DECEMBER 2010, and nobody thought it was important enough to let the carriers such as VIRGIN MOBILE to tell all their customers that the phone can spontaneously die, so MAKE SURE YOU RELIGOUSLY BACK UP YOUR DATA. I know this is recommended since the days of my palm PDA, but with blackberry being so reliable, it is easy to get lax, hence the urgency of letting your valued customers know right away that this 606 error could happen. Mine happened while I was surfing eBay!!!!! How benign of an activity can you get. And that bricks my blackberry???? Is there any hope for a future fix to recover my data???

Last edited by username9999; 11-22-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: bold 9780 app error 606, white screen, endless loop.. can I recover my DATA??

First of all, so you are aware, this forum is not associated with Research in Motion, so your outrage and disappointment may be misplaced. This is a privately owned forum that is staffed by volunteers.

If you didn't back up your data, that is another problem.

Have you tried popping the battery out and then back in?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: bold 9780 app error 606, white screen, endless loop.. can I recover my DATA??

You may have already looked at the following...

KB23954-"App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

If you haven't already, try a hard reset.

If that doesn't fix it, try rebooting in safe mode.

KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

If you can reboot in safe mode, then you should be able to do a backup using Desktop Manager.

If you end up having to wipe the device and reinstall the OS and you have no backup, then your data is gone.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Me thinks this is a rant, so moved to the Rants and Raves section.

Errors can happen due to any number of reasons, i.e. incompatible apps and themes, corrupt files, dropping water, etc. In many cases, the errors are caused by operator error - doing something you should not do.

In the case of error 606, that is a java error. What causes it, I do not know. You can go here for more information: KB23954-"App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone. The resolution appears to be to try a battery pull to see if that corrects it. If not then you will need to reload the OS.

In any case, that is no excuse for not backing up your data regularly, especially if it is important to you to keep.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
username9999

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: virgin mobile canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
First of all, so you are aware, this forum is not associated with Research in Motion, so your outrage and disappointment may be misplaced. This is a privately owned forum that is staffed by volunteers.

If you didn't back up your data, that is another problem.

Have you tried popping the battery out and then back in?
Hi, thank you so much for the replies. I am so thankful for the helpful suggestions. I will try them and get back to you. I am not mad at yourselves, as I do understand there is no direct association with blackberry. I fact, I am not mad as such, but very disappointed.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread