BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #541
greenmr

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

No, this is not the same as lowering the quality, which lowers the bitrate of the file, thereby reducing the file size, but still requires the BB to render the frames at the same rate, which is faster than it can process them. On a related note... I was just reading the advertising hype for the BB 9000 (Bold), which has about twice the processor speed of the Pearl/Curve, and they make a bit deal about it finally being able to handle full rate video, so I guess they know the earlier BBs are underpowered for the task.

As you say, the Bold is gorgeous, but it's biggest failing IMHO is the screen size. It is much higher resolution than current BBs, but the physical dimensions are roughly the same. The one positive note about this is that they are claiming the significantly tighter dot pitch over the iPhone make the images look much sharper, albeit smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
I will have to try slowing the frame rate down, is this the same as lower quality? I have tried lower quality settings and it still doesn't work right. Works fine on the computer and won't sync on the blackberry. I'm seriously thinking of getting the new iphone because it can do fullscreen wide video and the new bold doesn't have a full screen.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #542
cjdhx9

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default still not working

Sorry I didn't notice the post above, I read about 5 pages of this post and got tired of not finding my answer so I just posted.

But I'm still getting the same error message as before accept instead of "couldn't find encoder for mp3" it says "couldn't find encoder for mp3lame", heres what I"m typing:

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 C:\Dr._Tran.flv -o C:\Dr._Tran.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=mp3lame:abitrate= 64
Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #543
greenmr

Hmmm, that's interesting... what version of mencoder are you using and where did you get it? (i.e. did you get it bundled with something like Super (C)?)
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #544
cjdhx9

I went to the link below(provided in the first post) and downloaded the version below the link. I had the blinking problem mentioned in the first post and fixed that by making the shortcut and playing with it's properties.

MPlayer - The Movie Player
MPlayer 1.0rc2 Windows

You may look over my code real quick, I've got relatively zero experience in DOS so I may have put a space where it didn't belong or typed something wrong.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #545
greenmr

Oops, I think I may have goofed... try using "libmp3lame" as the acodec parameter instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdhx9 View Post
I went to the link below(provided in the first post) and downloaded the version below the link. I had the blinking problem mentioned in the first post and fixed that by making the shortcut and playing with it's properties.

MPlayer - The Movie Player
MPlayer 1.0rc2 Windows

You may look over my code real quick, I've got relatively zero experience in DOS so I may have put a space where it didn't belong or typed something wrong.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #546
cjdhx9

Thanks! That last one did it. works great, I really appreciate the help.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #547
greenmr

No problem... despite having done tons of video and audio encoding using various tools, I only used mencode for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and then only a couple of times till I found other ways to get the job done using tools I am more familiar with. Even so, I had the exact same problem you did, and scanned this thread too with similar lack of success. Luckily, I started my computing life in the days of DOS (CP/M actually), so I can muck my way around in a command window when I need too.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #548
stevendino

Model: 8130
Carrier: alltel
Default sorry

I have been reading almost this whole tread so i am sorry if this has been asked or already done and i missed it. I just downloaded Mplayer. I don't know much of anything about dos but the coding seems fairly straight forward. i have two questions: do i have to save the file onto my blackberry or can i just put in on my desktop to drag and drop? and second can someone please paste a code so i can better understand what needs to be typed into dos?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #549
eurocarracer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just got an 8120, which now comes with a full screen option, which now leaves a small amount of black on the bottom and top when viewing in full screen.

What resolution size will show a movie in full screen taking up all of the LCD display?

or is this even possible?
Closed Thread