BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
plipper

Model: 8800
Carrier: att
Default HTML email

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know when HTML email will be available? Its frustrating to constantly be getting emails with links as opposed to the embedded information.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
BlackBerryCoolSimon
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Check out Empower until RIM integrates the feature. It does the job pretty well.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail. Like BlackBerryCoolSimon said, Empower is a good choice, as is BlackBerry Smart, for viewing the e-mails in HTML format.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail.
For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
Cool beans. I might have to get back on the BES bandwagon. ExchangeMyMail, here I come!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Smile Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Quote:
For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Man I CANNOT wait!

BB8820 or 8320 or better yet if Pearl 2 show's up with WiFi & 3.2MP camera (I pray with auto focus - to replace my SE K790: screen is soo small coming form a Pearl) - I'll be a happier than a prince in the finest Harem!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
timb00

I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #8
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by timb00 View Post
I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?
Please start your own topic rather than hijacking someone elses.
Your questions have nothing to do with HTML email on the Blackberry.

(For the sake of answering... you can't wirelessly sync contacts and calendar on a BlackBerry without having BES.)
Old 08-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:

Full PIM sync with Google mail, calendar and contacts would be the tits.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
lawizard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T

I think my dreams are coming true! Natively syncing with Google and Yahoo would be the bomb! I can't wait. I use Gcalsync and still can't get the time zones to sync correctly and I use Empower for my HTML email.(See I was paying attention to the heading of this thread!) : )
Old 08-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Heavy Doody
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Doody View Post
Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.
Good info in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...l-viewers.html
Closed Thread