PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Smile Bluetooth Policy Problem Solved - Exchangemymail.com

Please Login to Remove!

I have found a great solution for those of us that are no longer on a
BES but have policies, especially those policies that block out some of
the Bluetooth functionality that no one seems to be able to remove with
a policy.bin file. I signed up for the exchangemymail.com service and
everyting is now functional including Bluetooth synch.

I AM SYNCHING RIGHT NOW WITH MY BLUETOOTH ENABLED BLACKBERRY 7100t USING THE HK4.1 CSL WITH DESKTOP MANAGER 4.1.

1. Quick, quick, quick setup of account and BES access
2. Easy to configure and connect to BES, even wirelessy without any
desktop configuration to activate

The customer service is great as noted in other posts and I am very
pleased with the service.

The cost is pretty reasonable for gaining full control of your
blackberry and I highly recommend this rather than scurrying about to find
a better/cheaper solution!!!

7100sib

You can find more information on exchangemymail.com in the sponsor thread below. Yes, they are also a sponsor of this forum!!

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17095
Old 05-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #122
bigfatlexusman

Model: 7290
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Help Bought 2 blackberrys off of ebay

Can someone please mail me the blank policy file? [email address]
Old 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #123
hbomb341
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T

Go to this site for the info and a policy.bin

http://blackberry.awardspace.com/
Old 05-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #124
bigfatlexusman

Carrier: Tmobile

I did yet still unable to completely remove policies , under status still getting data usage and voice usage IT POLICY ENABLED, and unable to disable firewall
Old 06-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #125
BBProdika

Model: 8700c
Default Bluetooth synch on 'Ebays special' still broken due to BES policy

I've been persusing these forums for the last couple of days, and as far as I can tell there is no solution to the problem of bluetooth services
disabled by BES policy.

I've tried Dan's policy.bin and policy-bt.bin to no avail. (It did get rid of the policy , but did not enable the bluetooth components )

Am I missing a vital discussion thread, or am I correct in assuming this is still not solved? (other than signing up for a hosted Exchange \ BES service)
Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #126
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

You are correct in your assumption as 7100simpleisbetter explained above simply removing the IT Policy using the default one provided will not enable the Bluetooth functionality. I think jibi explained someplace here (and I apologize jibi if I dont paraphrase this correctly) the default policy bin available for IT Policy removal is based on an older version and does not include the necessary documentation for implementing the bluetooth. The same holds true for the bt version it is based on an older version.

I guess the solution mentioned above by 7100simpleisbetter will work, what i dont know is a) will you be able to sign up implement it and leave right away so you do not continue to incur the expense, and b) if when you leave it will revert back to being disabled.

The solution to this problem is never to place your privately owned BB on a corporate BES, and unfortunately when you buy off of e-Bay you should make the assumption that it was on a BES to begin with since most of the time they will not tell you or simply do not know.

In the past I have stated that there should be a standard procedure either devised by BB Admins or RIM itself under which a person that is leaving a BES can as part of the disassociation be able to get their units back to the same state as they were in when they got there.

Unfortunately under the guise of security this is being ignored. I can understand the need for these secure conditions to exist while you are employed with the particular company, but after you leave you should not be burdened with policies that a) no longer apply or b) hinder your use of the device to its full extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBProdika
I've been persusing these forums for the last couple of days, and as far as I can tell there is no solution to the problem of bluetooth services
disabled by BES policy.

I've tried Dan's policy.bin and policy-bt.bin to no avail. (It did get rid of the policy , but did not enable the bluetooth components )

Am I missing a vital discussion thread, or am I correct in assuming this is still not solved? (other than signing up for a hosted Exchange \ BES service)

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 06-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #127
BBProdika

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
You are correct in your assumption as 7100simpleisbetter explained above simply removing the IT Policy using the default one provided will not enable the Bluetooth functionality. I think jibi explained someplace here (and I apologize jibi if I dont paraphrase this correctly) the default policy bin available for IT Policy removal is based on an older version and does not include the necessary documentation for implementing the bluetooth. The same holds true for the bt version it is based on an older version.

I guess the solution mentioned above by 7100simpleisbetter will work, what i dont know is a) will you be able to sign up implement it and leave right away so you do not continue to incur the expense, and b) if when you leave it will revert back to being disabled.

The solution to this problem is never to place your privately owned BB on a corporate BES, and unfortunately when you buy off of e-Bay you should make the assumption that it was on a BES to begin with since most of the time they will not tell you or simply do not know.

In the past I have stated that there should be a standard procedure either devised by BB Admins or RIM itself under which a person that is leaving a BES can as part of the disassociation be able to get their units back to the same state as they were in when they got there.

Unfortunately under the guise of security this is being ignored. I can understand the need for these secure conditions to exist while you are employed with the particular company, but after you leave you should not be burdened with policies that a) no longer apply or b) hinder your use of the device to its full extent.

Thanks, I've learned my lesson regarding BBs on Ebay, albeit a little late.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #128
set84
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: MTC
Default Kystroke Injection

IN my Ipolicy.exe file BES 4.1
I can see only short list of parameters.
How i can reset BES firewall settings?
I need reser keystroke injection value .
On this time i have only Deny value in change menu.
And question from jibi - what application view in attached file in your post?

Last edited by d_fisher; 09-07-2006 at 04:01 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 01:15 AM   #129
MAJIK

Carrier: tmobile

Hi, can you please email me the blank policy zip file also as i am in the same boat..

many thanks!!!! [email address]
Old 08-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #130
Porsche

Model: 8700

In need of a file myself. Please e-mail to [email address] if you want me to send you proof that this is mine and the former company data is wiped, I will be happy to do so. Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #131
Forty

Model: 8700g
Talking

Works great on 8700g THX Pal
Closed Thread