Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxonWaxov
I can't read my email online anymore?!?!?!

I really can't believe it. I used the webmail feature everyday... numerous times a day.

Do we know how permanent this is? I really NEED the webmail feature.

I figure I'll give them a month. If it's not back by then, I'm getting rid of my BlackBerry.

Cheers,
There was a thread here on how someone got 1.8 back. Started a new thread with links.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 06-13-2006 at 09:08 PM..
Old 06-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #42
WaxonWaxov
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100g

Really?

the folks at Cingular were like "sorry, dude. there's no way"
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #43
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Damn!! I can't stop staring at your Avatar!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #44
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

I have one more question, this time concerning Cingular's implementation of BIS 2.0. Given that this transition, I refuse to call it an upgrade, is optional, will I have to refuse to exercise the option to transition, each time I login to the webclient? How can I have the refusal made permanent?

Thanks for your help.
Rcbjr
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #45
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
I have one more question, this time concerning Cingular's implementation of BIS 2.0. Given that this transition, I refuse to call it an upgrade, is optional, will I have to refuse to exercise the option to transition, each time I login to the webclient? How can I have the refusal made permanent?

Thanks for your help.
Rcbjr
I recall on TM that at some point after 5 times or so it went away. But who knows what Cingular will do.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #46
rcbjr

I didn't think TMO roll out even allowed the option. Wasn't theirs automatic?

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #47
Parker Rose

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

Regarding the references to the the "no folders" aspects with BIS 2.0.

With 1.8, I could set my BB so that any message I sent from the BB was automatically saved in the "Sent" Folder and did not show up on the main email screen.

Now, with 2.0, I cannot see any "sent" messages in the "Sent" folder. The only way I can see "Sent" messages is if I change the "Hide Sent Messages" to "No" but then I can only see the sent messages on the main screen. Still nothing in the folder.

Am I doing something wrong or with 2.0 can I no longer have the "sent" messages automatically saved in the "Sent" folder without showing up on the main email screen (which means they are deleted when I use the "Delete Prior" command, something that did not happen under 1.8.)

Sorry for the apparently confusing post, but I am just trying to understand what is going on.

Parker R.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #48
califdan

Model: 7510
Default Rover & Nice Office

I work for eagency, the company makes the Rover & Nice Office wireless solution. I can assist you with any questions you have reguarding the application. Please contact me by email at [email address] or by phone at 1-888-377-8200 ext 121
Old 06-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #49
rcbjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by califdan
I work for eagency, the company makes the Rover & Nice Office wireless solution. I can assist you with any questions you have reguarding the application. Please contact me by email at [email address] or by phone at 1-888-377-8200 ext 121
----

Did I miss a post somewhere in this thread? What does this post have to do with Understanding BIS 2.0?

Rcbjr
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #50
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Can I change the thread title to "Misunderstanding BIS 2.0"

Quote:
----

Did I miss a post somewhere in this thread? What does this post have to do with Understanding BIS 2.0?

Rcbjr
Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #51
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Setting your BIS reply address to your gmail address, then using the filters in Gmail to forward a copy to your BIS account seems like a great alternative to the old BIS 1.8 and prior webclient. With over 2700MB (compared with 25MB for BWC) of gmail quota, I don't really see the need to delete anything from GMail (at least not more than 1-2x per year). Plus the mail searching in GMail seems to be done really well. I don't think I'll miss the old webclient at all. Not to mention Gmail has spam filtering. And since we're doing a filter to forward, the ca.15min POP interval does not come into play.

The only thing missing is reconciliation, but periodically to a "delete prior" on your BlackBerry for messages older than 7 days. Since if it isn't current, I don't really need it on the BB (well I do have a BES account at work, but for personal email, this is fine). And if I do need to go back, I can using a notebook PC to access GMail. And with 2700MB of space in Gmail, I really don't need deletes to propegate for personal stuff.

I don't mean to seem like a GMail/BIS2.0 fanboy, but this is a really neat solution. I like it much better than the previous blackberry web clients, IMO. BES is better. But this is pretty neat. I like it.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 AM   #52
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Rose
With 1.8, I could set my BB so that any message I sent from the BB was automatically saved in the "Sent" Folder and did not show up on the main email screen.

Now, with 2.0, I cannot see any "sent" messages in the "Sent" folder. The only way I can see "Sent" messages is if I change the "Hide Sent Messages" to "No" but then I can only see the sent messages on the main screen. Still nothing in the folder.
The Sent folder you are seeing is vestidual, like the toenail by a Boa Constrictor's duct (I kid you not, I used to own one...) The Web Client Folders are left over from BIS 1.8. Even after you delete the Web Client Service Book, they stick around. But they now do nothing.

On a different topic, the first post should be updated to reflect that BCCing is not the same between BIS 1.8 and 2.0. In BIS 2.0 you now have a different BBC available for each integrated account. This is very useful. For example, you can emulate one account through autoforwarding to your Blackberry address and BCC every email you send to that original account. You can then integrate one or more POP3 accounts and in each case BCC original messages and replies to those respective accounts. Everything is archived in the correct place. You also have separate filters for each account that you can use to prevent BCC > autoforward/POP3 bounceback. Having the filters be account-specific is great because you can still send emails from one account to another on your Blackberry to check that servers are up (handy when you are waiting on an important work email).

Combined with unique From addresses for each account, BIS 2.0 is very powerful and a significant upgrade from BIS 1.8. But features have also been sacrificed.

eduardocjs1, the email address that you put in the 'Reply To' field in BIS 2.0 will become the From address for your Blackberry.net account. Otherwise it's the address in the 'Email' field for other accounts. FYI to all, the top 'Email Address' field does not have to be your actual address - it's just a name you choose. For example, I have this as "Yahoo" for my Yahoo account and that is what appears on my Blackberry when I am choosing which account to send from.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 06-21-2006 at 02:49 PM..
Old 06-21-2006, 04:30 AM   #53
BioHazardx

Model: 8700r

In an earlier post - someone made mention to 2.0 support OWA (Outlook Web Access). Can someone elaborate on what that actually means?

I want to go back to BB but don't want to spend the $45/mo to use my company BES.

I can load the redirector on a server but know that just gets me email - no PIM functions.

What does using OWA get me? We have OWA enabled - although we are NOT using the IMAP part of it - is that necessary? Past experience w/ my Mac's mail program which "supported" OWA but needed IMAP makes me wonder.

If I am able to connect and function properly with OWA and 2.0 - will I get anything more than just email? ie. PIM syncs?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #54
rcbjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Can I change the thread title to "Misunderstanding BIS 2.0"
---
. Thanks, that kickstarted my day.

Rcbjr
Old 06-27-2006, 01:35 AM   #55
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

when you click on a message and choose "save". does it still get deleted after the 30 day window?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 AM   #56
rcbjr

I believe the 30 Day limit only applies to emails on the server. If you do not delete them from your handheld, they will remain until the oldest get deleted due to low memory. I don't know if saved vs unsaved will make a difference in the low memory deletions though.

Hope this helps
Rcbjr.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #57
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
I believe the 30 Day limit only applies to emails on the server. If you do not delete them from your handheld, they will remain until the oldest get deleted due to low memory. I don't know if saved vs unsaved will make a difference in the low memory deletions though.

Hope this helps
Rcbjr.
oh yeah.. forgot about that. so the only exception would be if the saved email included an attachment that had not be pulled from the server.. in which case the attachment would get purged after 30 days but the saved email would be saved on the handheld.

thnx
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #58
trekuhl

Model: 8703
Carrier: vzw
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazardx
In an earlier post - someone made mention to 2.0 support OWA (Outlook Web Access). Can someone elaborate on what that actually means?

I want to go back to BB but don't want to spend the $45/mo to use my company BES.

I can load the redirector on a server but know that just gets me email - no PIM functions.

What does using OWA get me? We have OWA enabled - although we are NOT using the IMAP part of it - is that necessary? Past experience w/ my Mac's mail program which "supported" OWA but needed IMAP makes me wonder.

If I am able to connect and function properly with OWA and 2.0 - will I get anything more than just email? ie. PIM syncs?

Thanks
definately interested on hearing how others are using this as well...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #59
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

no PIM syncs - at least not wireless like BES
OWA will sync only 1 way on BIS 2.0 - not 2
it will mark messages read/unread; sent items and deletes
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #60
trekuhl

Model: 8703
Carrier: vzw

yes, but you have to have the redirector software for that to work...and leave it running on a system 24/7...mehhh nogo.
Closed Thread