rsgalloway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlyoung
"Girl's carrier"????

What are we, 12 years old standing in the school gym wondering if we should ask the girls to dance?

Come on!!!

Dude, all I am saying is that they clearly market to teenage girls. Case in point: They have a chick for a spokeman, They have pink all over their website, They have a pink Motorola RAZR, They have cute snowflakes on their homepage.... need I really say more? I think I hit too close to home for this guy, hahaha.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #22
brianlyoung
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgalloway
Dude, all I am saying is that they clearly market to teenage girls. Case in point: They have a chick for a spokeman, They have pink all over their website, They have a pink Motorola RAZR, They have cute snowflakes on their homepage.... need I really say more? I think I hit too close to home for this guy, hahaha.
Well i don't feel the need to pay $20-$30 bucks more somewhere else to feel better about my manhood. I only care about the service and cost.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:17 PM   #23
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

well there are alot of guys in harlem and the bronx that would knock your head off that wear pink... its not marketed twards girls its marketed twards whats in for the younger crowd... and having a girl as a spoke person is more for men and sex appeal...

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #24
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Quote:
So is Verizon trying to market to geeky guys wearing glasses and work jackets walking around saying "Can you hear me now"...And is Sptint marketing to trenchcoat wearing perverts...Come on...(EXHALES LOUDLY)
Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #25
rsgalloway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
well there are alot of guys in harlem and the bronx that would knock your head off that wear pink... its not marketed twards girls its marketed twards whats in for the younger crowd... and having a girl as a spoke person is more for men and sex appeal...

What does that mean? It's "In" to wear pink? Ok, whatever. I guess I'm getting too old. You have to admit though, it would be a smart strategy to get the corner on that market, teenage girls talk on the phone a lot.

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get Nextel for voice and T-Mobile for data? Seems like their data plans are better.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #26
cletus323

Model: 9100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Actually T-Mobile offen carries the nickname "Thug Mobile", stop by a store in the mall sometime and you will see what I mean. Every baller gots to have his Sidekick II yo! (not knocking the SKII, I had one for a while and liked the device and OS, but it has the worst service of any device i've used, and don't get me started on T-Mobile's coverage)

And where the hell did you get the idea that Sprint and Nextel have the best voice networks??? Sprint uses Verizon towers half the time and God help you if you actually wanted to call a Nextel subscriber (Direct Connect users are annoying as crap) </spiel>
Old 11-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #27
rsgalloway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus323
And where the hell did you get the idea that Sprint and Nextel have the best voice networks??? Sprint uses Verizon towers half the time and God help you if you actually wanted to call a Nextel subscriber (Direct Connect users are annoying as crap) </spiel>
Don't know where I got the idea, actually. Are you saying Verizon has the best network/coverage? Anyone heard of SplashWireless? They use Verizon and Sprint networks combined and you can get a Treo 650 for $69.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #28
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Anyway, does anyone know if I can get Nextel for voice and T-Mobile for data? Seems like their data plans are better.
rsgalloway, You crack me up, pal. No, pick a carrier, one carrier. Heck, I wish I could have BB that works over the DoD's SatComm Network, with a 4 ghz chip, 1 gig RAM, 100 gig drive, a 3 month battery and comes preloaded with iTunes and Tivo, so I could listen to eminem while watching Monday Night Football while on a rafting expedition down the Amazon River. And where do you get all of this intel that you keep throwing out about the marketing strageties and performance of all the carriers? I know a bunch of guys on Wall Street that would pay you handsomely for your source. Funny dude, you are. Glad to have you here.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #29
cletus323

I'm not saying anything

In general Verizon has excellent coverage because they have alot of old infrastructure and because they use both 850 and 1900 MHz bands (unlike T-Mobile & Sprint's 1900 only networks). All carriers aren't allowed to sell in all markets though so that's where the discrepancies (and roaming agreements) start. SplashWireless is probably no better than Verizon or Sprint with roaming charge free plans.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #30
cletus323

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontalotta
rsgalloway, You crack me up, pal. No, pick a carrier, one carrier. Heck, I wish I could have BB that works over the DoD's SatComm Network, with a 4 ghz chip, 1 gig RAM, 100 gig drive, a 3 month battery and comes preloaded with iTunes and Tivo, so I could listen to eminem while watching Monday Night Football while on a rafting expedition down the Amazon River. And where do you get all of this intel that you keep throwing out about the marketing strageties and performance of all the carriers? I know a bunch of guys on Wall Street that would pay you handsomely for your source. Funny dude, you are. Glad to have you here.

....in a place called perfect

Shop Walgreens!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #31
rsgalloway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontalotta

It's funny you should mention the DoD. My father works for the DoD and has a BB. Uses it internationally quite a bit. Don't know anything about their network, however.

Recent news leads me to believe I'm wasting my time with this now. Looks like the BB service may go belly-up.

No, I don't have any inside information. I just call it like I see it. Funny thing though, I made some money daytrading Nextel a few years back.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 PM   #32
LizL

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo
Default How to get a lot of replies to any post in this forum

top way - ask people what they think of a Treo
next best - say you are probably just a silly blond, but how do you....
new best way - claim that a carrier carries connotations of manhood, or lack thereof..

Carry on!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:48 PM   #33
cletus323

I think the best way to get alot of replies in this or any forum is to post a picture of a rumored upcoming phone/pda model in your hand (must be grainy). After that, let the conspiracy theories and release date rumors begin.

It's amazing how many people are in to phones.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #34
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Cool

Quote:
Recent news leads me to believe I'm wasting my time with this now. Looks like the BB service may go belly-up.
You need to read a little deeper.

Also Gmail is publically available to anyone who wants, kind of taking away from beta where you had to be invited.

And I am sorry but you have to be a moron to think T Mobile is marketed towards girls... It is more commonly referred to as "Teen Mobile" due to the prices being so cheap. Also they do not have a pink razr, that is a phone that costs an arm and a leg plus your first born.

pink

Last edited by Mr Pink57; 11-30-2005 at 09:44 PM..
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #35
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
Also Gmail is publically available to anyone who wants, kind of taking away from beta where you had to be invited.
Not exactly. It's currently publically available to anyone with an SMS enabled cell phone and is willing to provide their phone number to Google. It's not an entirely open registration yet.
If you don't want to sign up via SMS, then you must be invited from an existing GMail member.

GMail is still in Beta. Plain and simple. There may be one additional signup option now, but it's still a beta system.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #36
cletus323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
Also they do not have a pink razr, that is a phone that costs an arm and a leg plus your first born.
T-Mobile does carry it ->http://www.t-mobile.com/promos/phone....mc_t=OnsiteAd

It's $249 with contract and technically it's "Magenta"

They also have a pink Sidekick II -> http://www.t-mobile.com/products/ove...1871&class=pda

Last edited by cletus323; 11-30-2005 at 10:10 PM..
Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #37
rsgalloway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus323
T-Mobile does carry it ->http://www.t-mobile.com/promos/phone....mc_t=OnsiteAd

It's $249 with contract and technically it's "Magenta"

They also have a pink Sidekick II -> http://www.t-mobile.com/products/ove...1871&class=pda

Hahah. I wouldn't be caught dead using a phone like that, I don't care if it's the best damn phone on the planet. I wish I could get the statistics from "Teen"-mobile regarding how many teen girls they have as clients. More than 50% I would wager.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #38
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Quote:
I wish I could get the statistics from "Teen"-mobile regarding how many teen girls they have as clients. More than 50% I would wager.
Teens buying potential over the last 10 years has vastly outpaced the buying power of the "BabyBoomers" & "Generation Xers". If companies want to compete in the next 20years thay had better market to the Teens & Tweens. Even if T-Mobile had 50% of their customer base as teen girls, that would be a monumental feat. That would only leave 50% to divide up between Adult women, teen men & adult men. Sounds to me like a sound marketing strategedy. Cingular, Verizon and Sprint go for bigger markets and business consumers, T-Mobile has been able to compete in this market getting a lower dollar, bigger volumn customer base. So I ask you, do you want 5 customers spending $100 dollars or 100 customers spending $5...Me, I want bigger market share for roughly the same profofit margin. The potential for growth is huge.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #39
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

I have the T-mobile BIS service. I have it checking 6 accounts for me. Its great. I don't know how I used my blackberry before this.. It updates the email accounts, deleting messages I deleted off my blackberry.. It works with my free Yahoo account, because of an agreement yahoo has with T-mobile, or maybe RIM, and its push, not pop, so as soon as a message comes to my yahoo, its on my phone. No delay while waiting for the pop cycle.

I will say the pop check cycle does vary from 2 mins to about 8 mins. I'm not sure why, but its still acceptable
Old 12-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #40
cinaj

Model: 7130
Smile version of BIS is the trick

I am not sure if anyone has answered the original question about why Tmobile BIS has different features from other carriers:

Tmobile is running the latest BIS which gives them a different feature set.

other carriers will upgeade once they get to it.

c.
Closed Thread