Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #21
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
what is the word (if any) on the BIE looping issue? all that we have been told is that it is a known issue
What is 'BIE looping issue?'
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM   #22
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

what was the technical reason that 'SMS over GPRS' disabled by TMO? its an option thats available on the handheld, and it worked for a few months, then one day it stopped working.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #23
aadrian

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

the BIE looping issue is that if any changes were made to your blackberry SOCs (ie you change from retail blackberry to emp blackberry) it "kicks" you off BIE in a sense. you are not able to recieve any emails and if you go to my t-mobile and try to add the email accounts again you end up in a never ending loop of "setup blackberry internet email" and when you get to that page you get "unable to connect to your email click here to try again." Naturally if you click to try again it takes you to the tmo homepage.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #24
MsButterfli

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

quick question, i have 7100 with the preinstalled messengers (yahoo/aol/icq) will using those be considered sms or data

thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #25
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Looks like Branko put you guys on hold.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #26
ptzchris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Ok well I just switched over from Nextel to tmobile and I love it I have the 7105t and between the customer service compard to Nextel tmo picks up my calls quick within 30 seconds I am connected to a nb techie. Also like to welcome you to the board and its relief to know we have someone here to help now my question is I installed the rambler aim messenger available here on the boards and since then for me to sign onto yahoo or msn messenger preloaded versions it won't connect I have to reboot my phone to be able to sign on it justs says connection error any ideas

Posted from my 7105t

BEFORE : Nextel 7520

NOW: Tmobile 7105t succesfully connected as a modem and loving it
Old 11-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #27
aldebaran
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9790
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branko
Hey everyone

I am a rep for blackberry support for T-mobile, if anyone one on this website has any trouble with a bb device or software I' am willing to put in my effort for assistance and help them out.
I bought an used 7100t which turned out to be registered with TMO when trying to activate BB with Rogers.
Neither I nor the business that sold it could have TMO release the PIN, had to return the unit and get refund.
Security and/or privacy reasons maybe?
They asked for acc#/name, not even bothered to check thir database.
Thanks.

Last edited by aldebaran; 11-05-2005 at 03:36 PM..
Old 11-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #28
Branko
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t

aadrian

We are regretfully still having that issue. Did they put your mobile number in the help desk ticket buy any chance?

Branko
Old 11-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #29
Branko

rcb3

Well one thing you can try is:

1.Hook up the bb to the pc via the usb cable
2.When the bb goes into the mode where you see two computer talking, remove the battery
3.Try to run the app loader with the battery out, if it doesn't work then re-insert the battery, if it does work re-insert the battery after the app loader is finished.

Branko
Old 11-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #30
Branko

Berry One

The BIE looping issue is where you try to access the setup blackberry internet email page and it either loops you to the login screen on www.t-mobile.com, or you get an error please try again later. Issue that we are still filing help desk tickets, if anyone is having a problem with this call in please and we will put your mobile number into the help desk ticket, ther eis quite the line up for it right now but it is getting done.

Branko
Old 11-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #31
Branko

MsButterfli

It uses both data and sms, but mostly uses data to communicate with the other end of the im client.

Branko
Old 11-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #32
Branko

ptzchris

What i would suggest is deleteing the im service book and the im client.

Here the first thing you can try:

Here are the steps on how to do that:

1.Go into tools>settings>service books
2.delete the im service book
3.Then go into tools>settings>applications and delete the im app
4.The device will restart when the im app is deleted the device will restart
5.When its back up and running go into tools>settings>host routing tables, highlight and select the bolded tmobile entry and select register now
6. Now try and use the im app

Branko
Old 11-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #33
Branko

aldebaran

It is a security issue it is something we do take seriously, so we do check the account name and number and other things of that sort to verify that we can release the pin.

Branko
Old 11-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #34
aldebaran
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9790
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
aldebaran

It is a security issue it is something we do take seriously, so we do check the account name and number and other things of that sort to verify that we can release the pin.

Branko
Thanks branko.
However, I bought the unit decomissioned, but not completely as it turned out. The guys that sold it buy TMO returns and resell them, so that the SIM stayed with the acc owner; I would assume that once he returned the unit, either canceled BB service or registered a new PIN; therefore, if he registered then the pin on my unit should have been released; if he canceled, then the registration with TMO became redundant and again the PIN could have been released.
That means, if one has an account with TMO and cancels the unit if sold becomes unregisterabble with other carrier, other than a regular phone.
Bad business practice IMHO.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #35
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
MsButterfli

It uses both data and sms, but mostly uses data to communicate with the other end of the im client.

Branko
I'd say a more direct answer to her question would be that each message sent and received takes up a message from the person's SMS messages pool. This is due to the way the client was designed by Oz (not sure if the SMS was a request of TMO). Now, when the 7100t was first released, you could go to your SMS options and change it to send the SMS messages over the GPRS data network instead of the GSM voice network, thus bypassing the SMS messages pool issue altogether.

Now, back to my question that wasn't answered, why was the SMS over GPRS feature disabled by T-Mobile? Was there a technical reason behind it, or was it simply the fact that it is a new feature of some phones that was not previously encountered, and when the boom of sales for the 7100t happened and more and more people started skirting past their SMS fees by enabling the feature, it was disabled by TMO on the network side, thus being more of a Billing reason (read: greed) rather than a Technical reason.

Just curious.

P.S. - Most people who post on here from the carriers or directly from RIM tend to conceal their identities, most commonly because of questions such as mine above - or the nature of announcing your identity tends to lead to question after question after question, and most commonly being questions that have already been answered multiple times. My guess is that you are possibly new to T-Mobile or to the wireless data group, or just have recently taken an interest in BlackBerry services (just a guess), thus the enthusiastic announcement of employment. Anyhow, it may have been easier on you had you just helped anonymously, because the day you decide that people on here ask too many questions, or they tend to lean on your online presence rather than calling TMO's support line, then their blame will point directly back to you. $10 says that if you search your database there within the next few weeks, you'll find some reference to Branko on BlackBerryForums.com. I just hope, for your sake, that Branko has no direct reference to your real name.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #36
jbreeden

Model: 8720
Carrier: t-mobile
Default T-MOBILE TCP connection broken (wap.voicestream.com)

I'm running ssh on my blackberry (midpssh and idokorro) via the tcp gateway wap.voicestream.com.

Worked great 'tll about 2 weeks ago when the following error message started appearing while trying to connect to a host:

"Session Error - Writer: Max connections opened"

The error appears to be coming from wap.voicestream.com, not internally from the bb.

What gives? Is t-mobile back to blocking protocols through wap.voicestream.com? Is the gateway overloaded?

Is there a fix? Is there a fix coming? Is there someone to contact?

ssh from my bb is one of the primary reasons I've got the bb

Thanx in advance
Old 11-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #37
jbreeden

Model: 8720
Carrier: t-mobile
Default RE: T-MOBILE TCP connection broken (wap.voicestream.com)

I just fixed it.

I removed bbtoday ..

bbtoday opens a connection(s) for it's weather today feature and keeps that connection(s) open in the background..

I assume that t-mobile only allows a fixed number of connections between a bb and wap.voicestream.com.

I also assume that bbtoday used up all the connection(s) allowed ...

So, if you get an error message of "max connections opened", try removing all the other apps that hold connections open through your carrier's tcp gateway and that may fix the problem.

It did in my case.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM   #38
AMVazquezCruz

Model: 7290
Cool Hi I'm new here...

I just happened to have T-mobile bb 7290
Old 11-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #39
ptzchris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Quote:
ptzchris

What i would suggest is deleteing the im service book and the im client.

Here the first thing you can try:

Here are the steps on how to do that:

1.Go into tools>settings>service books
2.delete the im service book
3.Then go into tools>settings>applications and delete the im app
4.The device will restart when the im app is deleted the device will restart
5.When its back up and running go into tools>settings>host routing tables, highlight and select the bolded tmobile entry and select register now
6. Now try and use the im app

Branko
now before i delete anything and freak up my phone the im service book is the one called T-mobile usa im client application?????
i wont delete til i know its that one that i have to delete....lol...

BEFORE : Nextel 7520

NOW: Tmobile 7105t succesfully connected as a modem and loving it
Old 11-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #40
jibi
BlackBerry God

that's correct. then Instant Messaging in Applications.