Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I just sent you a message, got a delivered tick...?!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Nope, now got the red clock thing. WTH?!! This is getting worse.

How is this even possible? I have a conversation with EZ, who is in my pending list also. He can send msgs to me, but I can't get any back to him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bbm01.GIF
Views:	80
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	15083  

Last edited by Jadey; 01-28-2009 at 10:52 AM..
Old 01-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

I'm on the phone to RIM now. ezrunner, hope you don't mind, gave RIM your PIN and mine (they're trying to work out what's up with messaging, I still can't PIN you)
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Hey, I wish i found this sooner... Over the weekend, I was giving my girlfriend another friends PIN, they're both on BIS, ATT, and EDGE. She has a pearl, he has a curve. He got the invite through his email, and he accepted it, but he was still pending on her BB. She wasnt in his BBM list even though he accepted it. I went trhough a bunch of sequences, and after about 10-15 minutes, I was able to get them added to each other. I wish I could remember how. She sent her father an invite the same day she sent our friend an invite, and they got her father added w/o issue.

I was trying to read your trouble shooting sequences, but I cannot remember exactly what I did, that you tried. AFAICR it was jumping back and forth between the 2 devices and manually adding PINs, and Accepting on each device. But I dont know if you'll have that ability. I'd love to hear RIMs solution or suggestion to the issue.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

I don't have that ability at the moment, the two peeps I cannot add are in different parts of NA. I'm in UK :(
Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #26
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

OK, off phone with RIM, but task still open.

They suggested View Document

Doc is for 4.0 BES, on my 4.1.x box it's BB Domain > Global > Service Control & Customisation > Update peer to peer key > Remove key

Made no difference whatsoever.
Restarted policy service > re-exported peer-to-peer key to my BB> resent service books.

RIM won't go any further till whole BES restart, which I cannot do right now.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #27
Serkle K

This is a very odd issue. I was able to add someone about 2 nights ago to my BBM w/o issue. I should also say, this is my first BB, and I noticed that with the Bold BBM, it's alot easier to add someone since it gives you the option to directly invite by PIN or email address. When looking over the pearl and curve, I noticed it goes to Contacts and will send by means of email... I don't recall the potion to add PIN to BBM. Still learning over here. I don't supposed being international would be a point of intrest since many of us in the same country/regions are expierencing this... I'll be watching this threat closely
Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #28
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Only 2 of my BBM contacts are UK based, so it's not an international thing - vast majority of BBM contacts (that work) are in NA. I can also add most people, it just seems stuck on very specific PINs.
The PINs I cannot add are (AFAIK) BIS only, and I have done the "troubleshoot BES" step and it fixed nothing. So I cannot see this being a peer-to-peer encryption issue, as it is NOT the case that any PIN not on my BES is blocked.

This has been occurring more and more over the last few months (if posts on BBF are anything to go by) - I will have to keep pushing RIM. It seems almost as though there is a PIN message black hole somewhere - and just my luck, I could not reproduce the issue with anyone from RIM yet.

Either way... I'll keep going. This has already taken too many hours of my life to give up now!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #29
yosithezet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange IL

I've been experiencing this problem on multiple BBs, multiple countries, all on our corporate BES. No clue as to the voodoo when it does work right though.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #30
thebossone

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Default Had the same problem... JUST FIXED IT!

I had the exact same problem and solved it about five minutes ago. I decided to search the forums here for related posts so that I could help any poor souls as frustrated as I was earlier this morning and late last night.

Open your email settings.

My problem was that I had more than just my ...blackberry.net email address set up in my blackberry email. I also had a gmail account set up.

Delete your gmail account if you have one in there. This did it for me. I don't know if it's a problem with gmail specifically. When I deleted my gmail acccount, the only email address left in there was my blackberry.net account. Once I did this, everything worked like a charm.

If you don't have a gmail account, then maybe yahoo or hotmail accounts, etc., are giving you the same problem that gmail was giving me. So delete those.

If you had a gmail account set up and still want to use gmail, download the blackberry gmail app. It's totally seperate from your blackberry email and way easy to use. It has a cool interface as well and doesn't require you get on the web and wait for things to load forever. It won't interfere with Blackberry Messenger.

I hope this helps! Let me know.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
thebossone

see my reply to jadey. let me know if it works for you.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #32
Serkle K

Not to say you're wrong, but I have Gmail, and a private business account on my BB, as well as my BB.net email, and I actually haven't had this problem. I only know others that have had this. So I would go so far as to say, I don't think it has anything to do with the email accounts being pushed to the device. At this point though, I guess anything is possible. I am still fairly new to BBs, and I have maybe 10 BBM contacts, and I haven't had any problems adding them after sent out my invites. Even PIN messaging isn't a problem for me... Could that be an issue? PIN messages getting crossed with invites?

Last edited by Serkle K; 01-29-2009 at 01:48 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
thebossone

Default it worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
Not to say you're wrong, but I have Gmail, and a private business account on my BB, as well as my BB.net email, and I actually haven't had this problem. I only know others that have had this. So I would go so far as to say, I don't think it has anything to do with the email accounts being pushed to the device. At this point though, I guess anything is possible. I am still fairly new to BBs, and I have maybe 10 BBM contacts, and I haven't had any problems adding them after sent out my invites. Even PIN messaging isn't a problem for me... Could that be an issue? PIN messages getting crossed with invites?
Interesting. Well, it worked for me, and Jadey is having the exact same problem as I was, being able to recieve invites, but not being able to successfully send them or accept them. I did notice that when I opened my email options, my gmail account was unverified, and there was an option to verify it. I chose to just delete it instead. Perhaps if I had verified the gmail account, that would have fixed the problem as well. But I am pretty sure Jadey's problem is the same as my problem. I hope Jadey gets sees the post so he/she can try it out because it's one of the only things he/she hasn't tried yet.

Last edited by thebossone; 01-29-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #34
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Jadey can send invites. I've gotten them from her and accepted, but she remains pending in my contacts and I remain pending in hers, iirc.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #35
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Jadey is willing to try anything. She has 4 BIS and a BES account on BB, gmail/hotmail/t-mob/yahoo.

I'll just unload the entire config and see whether I can add the two users (thebossone - are you having this issue with ALL of your contacts, or just a few?)

If I can add them, I'll reinstate BIS one account by one, and see whether it breaks.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #36
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

As per BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - BlackBerry Messenger - problem adding contacts

OK, rebooted BES, rebooted bold, battery pulled bold.

RIM fix didn't work...
Old 02-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #37
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebossone View Post
I had the exact same problem and solved it about five minutes ago. I decided to search the forums here for related posts so that I could help any poor souls as frustrated as I was earlier this morning and late last night.

Open your email settings.

My problem was that I had more than just my ...blackberry.net email address set up in my blackberry email. I also had a gmail account set up.

Delete your gmail account if you have one in there. This did it for me. I don't know if it's a problem with gmail specifically. When I deleted my gmail acccount, the only email address left in there was my blackberry.net account. Once I did this, everything worked like a charm.

If you don't have a gmail account, then maybe yahoo or hotmail accounts, etc., are giving you the same problem that gmail was giving me. So delete those.

If you had a gmail account set up and still want to use gmail, download the blackberry gmail app. It's totally seperate from your blackberry email and way easy to use. It has a cool interface as well and doesn't require you get on the web and wait for things to load forever. It won't interfere with Blackberry Messenger.

I hope this helps! Let me know.
I deleted my yahoo / gmail / hotmail accounts from BIS config. Only one left is my t-mobile BIS address. Have rebooted BB, battery pulled, service books resent. No difference at all.

Sorry, did not work for me :(
Old 02-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #38
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

OK, this makes no sense.

I have my 9000 on BES and BIS.

Put SIM in old 8110, transferred BIS to 8110. Did NOT activate BES. Could not PIN message daphne or ezrunner from device. Could PIN other contacts.

Put SIM back in (now BES only) Bold. BIS still hooked to 8110. Could not PIN message daphne or ezrunner from device. Could PIN other contacts.

Which implies it is not my device. Nor BIS. Nor BES. Only common factor in that test is SIM card.

This makes no sense, but I will dig out a spare t-mobile SIM and have it activated tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it, I am 100% out of ideas.

If anyone can spot a variable that I have not isolated and tested, please shout.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #39
Serkle K

maybe replace the SIM with a newer one from t-mo, and try to resend service books? if you can PIN other contacts, but not daphne or ezrunner, could it be a network connection issue between the 3 of you?? I know that sounds like a stretch, but like you said, kind of out of ideas, and any other variables. If anyone wants to test with me, I am more then willing to try to help. 249FC93D
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #40
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Couldn't find spare t-mo SIM, so they are sending me a few. I'll get one activated when they arrive.

Serkle K, I will try your PIN later, if you're currently in NJ it's probably too early now to be PINning you, lol.

Last edited by Jadey; 02-03-2009 at 05:38 AM..
Closed Thread