Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
bkdblaze

Model: 9000
PIN: 24a32425
Carrier: AT&T
Question Using Native Wireless Sync with non-BES Calendars

Please Login to Remove!

Hi- I promise I clicked that link labeled 'search' up above before posting this!

I moved over to a Bold about 3 weeks ago and am loving 4.6 (.167 still), especially one of the features I came across- Under the calendar options, there is a field to wirelessly sync other email addresses that are not the Desktop account.

I currently have my BB set up with my work BES and my gmail account. I use both calendars relentlessly (while I'm at it, anyone know of a Today theme for the bold? I liked seeing my cal at a glance). For a while I was syncing them on the desktop and changing all of my personal appointments to private, but I don't like them being hosted on my corporate Exchange server.

Today I added a streaming cal from facebook events --> google cal. I'd like to have the google cal in my blackberry, but the option to turn wireless sync on only has a "No" option.

In summary: Is there a way to have my personal email calendar in my blackberry handheld without replicating the data on my corporate exchange box?

Thanks profusely in advance.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

You cannot perform wireless sync without a BES account, that's why that account will not allow you to change wireless sync to "yes."

Google does a have a calendar and a contact sync application. Go to m.google.com from your device and you can download them directly to your BlackBerry.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
bkdblaze

Thanks for your help. I do have a BES account with a calendar setup that I am using right now. If I use the Google Cal Sync to bring my google calendar into my blackberry, won't those appointments then sync back to my BES? I don't want to store that data on my corporate servers.

7200 --> 8300 --> 8310 --> 9000
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
CO_BBTechie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdblaze View Post
Thanks for your help. I do have a BES account with a calendar setup that I am using right now. If I use the Google Cal Sync to bring my google calendar into my blackberry, won't those appointments then sync back to my BES? I don't want to store that data on my corporate servers.
No. BIS calendars will associate with a BIS email address. So if you setup your Gmail address and associate it with your Google calendar you should be good.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
bkdblaze

Thanks! It's been active all day and they haven't seem to interfered. I thought the BB was going to replicate the appointments back down to the BES but my Outlook Calendar hasn't been populated.

7200 --> 8300 --> 8310 --> 9000
Old 01-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
CO_BBTechie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdblaze View Post
Thanks! It's been active all day and they haven't seem to interfered. I thought the BB was going to replicate the appointments back down to the BES but my Outlook Calendar hasn't been populated.
They you have likely set this up correctly as a secondary calendar. Only your primary, default calendar will sync back to BES.
Closed Thread