Old 01-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #41
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweinraub View Post
This is where we stand now. Just got off the phone call with AT&T. And it was annoying as hell. Call got dropped so had to go through everything again.

Then the lady said it is definitely my SIM card that is bad. She claims it has errors because it doesn't register with the network. I said I use my SIM card in another phone without incident but she didn't want to hear it.

Then I said I used another SIM card, one from AT&T and the other from T-Mobile in my Berry and she said no difference.

She claims T-Mobile uses a different technology than AT&T does, I said the phone is SIM unlocked, and she refused to escalate it to RIM until I got the new SIM card.

I told her if RIM was indeed blocking me, or if the hardware radio was pulled out, you get the same error on your screen, correct? She agreed then said I need to follow my steps in order first.

So off to the AT&T store. At least I got her full name, so hopefully something can be done about it soon!
HAHA wow... I can't stand 'tards like that.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #42
jweinraub
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Okay, got the new SIM card to humour the AT&T nut. No dice. It actually showed a network for a moment, 3G, full bars. 120 emails came through too. Then it went to EDGE, then GPRS, then back to EDGE again, had 1-2 bars. Then back to no service.

To me, it definitely sounds like a hardware issue with radio transceiver.

The AT&T folks also never heard of a BB PIN locking out. I only use bb internet services, so if anything that would be banned, not phone calls. I would at least see service not an X. Even though I wouldn't try it, I would imagine dialling 911 would fail. The phone behaves like if i am in a lift or on the subway.

I will ask the person I bought it from I suppose for an exchange or refund/RMA. I can always get the phone from AT&T, swap out keyboard, remove bottom part, change theme to get maps back, who cares about 2g/3g selection (i do, but not a deal breaker), they said long as I have international roaming (which i do); it wont be a big deal to get the PLK2 code to SIM unlock it. THen other than seeing the at&t logo on bootup, it will essentially be the same thing virtually, for $200 less. I guess kinda wish I did that kind of research from the beginning.
Closed Thread