Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
rgvsean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nexus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Perfect, thanks. That's what forums are for. I'll EDIT the post 10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
to reflect that.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
ctibbsaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl_87 View Post
this doesnt work
It works great, I have been using all the slysfot products for almost 3 years and this is the best program out there for burning DVD's, putting them on your Zune or BB.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl_87 View Post
this doesnt work
I'm floored by the detail and complexity of this problem description.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Awesome post. By any chance does this program let you convert iTunes DRM videos in m4v format to a format playable on the Bold?

As much as I would like to be able to convert DVDs to put them on my Bold, now that I got a Blu-Ray player, I don't have many regular DVDs lying around. What I really want to be able to do, is download an iTunes movie or TV show and put that on my Bold.

Any other programs people would suggest?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #25
masonfoley

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
Awesome post. By any chance does this program let you convert iTunes DRM videos in m4v format to a format playable on the Bold?

As much as I would like to be able to convert DVDs to put them on my Bold, now that I got a Blu-Ray player, I don't have many regular DVDs lying around. What I really want to be able to do, is download an iTunes movie or TV show and put that on my Bold.

Any other programs people would suggest?
I'm not aware of any software packages that successfully bypass the DRM on iTunes Store's purchased content.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #26
masonfoley

Another reason why I love CloneDVDMobile is the ability to break up the chapters into separate files. This is extremely useful since navigating without chapters in one huge file is more than a little pain in the arse.

And it also allows for not having to commit huge chunks of memory to one title when there may be other sources of content that one would like to store on the device (i.e. pictures, MP3s). This problem is mitigated of course with microSD expansion.

But the main reason why I like breaking up movies this way is simply for ease of navigation as previously mentioned.

Last edited by masonfoley; 11-06-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #27
masonfoley

I just converted a DVD and transferred all of the chapters to the bold. Excellent quality although I think the ratio needs to be tweaked. I'm going to try 16:9 instead of 16:10 next time. The horizontal is ever so slight "squished".

EDIT: Just noticed the error in my logic here. Isn't the first number (16), the horizontal component?

Last edited by masonfoley; 11-06-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Old 11-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #28
WebSurfer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: at&t

I am also a long time fan of CloneDVDMobile. I took a similar device.ini approach but started with the iPod hi res definition which outputs to mp4. The file size is going to be larger (about 1 gig), but the quality is very good. The Bold will play the iPod output without modification, but the output doesn't fill the screen completely.

EDIT:
[BOLD/iPod Video 5. gen (hires)]
Manufacturer=Blackberry
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=480x320
ResAna1=480x320
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1: acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=2500

Last edited by WebSurfer; 11-09-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 01-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
mutley

Default Bold freezes when i play a file with these settings in cloneDVD mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvsean View Post
[9000]
Manufacturer=Blackberry
Res1=480x320
ResAna1=480x320
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4
ARate=48000
ABRate=64
MVolume=10
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts cbr:br=%abrate%
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=800
Framerate=25

You can adjust max volume if you like.
I just added these settings to colnedvd mobile. the file started great, but then the bb froze and then restarted. Subsequent attempts to launch the file just restarted the bb again. any clues?

EDIT: after playing files encoded by handbrake (audio - no video) , clone DVD (great), and AVS (great)...I recreated the problem on 2 files created via clone DVD and AVS.

If the file is "video bookmarked" the problem is re creatable. I am not sure how i bookmarked the files, but if i highlight the file and check properties, it tells me that the 2 files are video bookmarked. When I try to play either of the files, the bold freezes, lights go out, red led comes on, then it restarts.

EDIT2: i upgraded my bold to v4.6.0.219 and have not been able to recreate the problem...

Last edited by mutley; 01-12-2009 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: additional information on the problem
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #30
mutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSurfer View Post
I am also a long time fan of CloneDVDMobile. I took a similar device.ini approach but started with the iPod hi res definition which outputs to mp4. The file size is going to be larger (about 1 gig), but the quality is very good. The Bold will play the iPod output without modification, but the output doesn't fill the screen completely.

EDIT:
[BOLD/iPod Video 5. gen (hires)]
Manufacturer=Blackberry
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=480x320
ResAna1=480x320
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1: acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=2500

FYI.... when i pasted the above into the devices.ini file, it inserted a space between "coder=1:" and "acodec=libfaac" causing it to fail.
once i removed that, it worked okay.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #31
deefekshon

Carrier: Orange

I'll give this a try! Thanks!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #32
gcn046

PIN: 249EE923

I just downloaded CloneDVDMobile and it's telling me it can't read my DVD because it's encrypted. Any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #33
mutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcn046 View Post
I just downloaded CloneDVDMobile and it's telling me it can't read my DVD because it's encrypted. Any suggestions?
you need to download AnyDVD from slysoft which removes the DRM from the disk. they work in conjunction together.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #34
Kane317
Thumbs Must Hurt

5% =) I'll let you know if it works, doing the mp4 method.

Is it worth getting clonedvd mobile? It's like $40bucks or so...

EDIT: Works! It's one level down from the speed-racer demo quality, but it's nothing to laugh at.

Tropic Thunder was about 1.1GB

Last edited by Kane317; 01-12-2009 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #35
gcn046

PIN: 249EE923

so I used Clone DVD and Sly Soft.. i have audio only. No video. I'm getting frustrated.. any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #36
mutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcn046 View Post
so I used Clone DVD and Sly Soft.. i have audio only. No video. I'm getting frustrated.. any suggestions?
you need to make sure the resolution is right for your device. the bold is 480x420.
the intructions above advise how to paste the settings into the devices.ini file.

I've had the same problems. I am now taking the output of clonedvd and running through the media manager as I am finding the Bold crashes if the video gets bookmarked while its playing.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #37
Drakius.LiFE

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

There is a 1 program solution which you just need to create a profile for encoding.
Use something like DVDFAB.

Then just select the recommended bitrate for your device for both Audio and Video Streams.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #38
Hotbabe72

Model: 9800

PLEASE TRY THIS - TRUST ME......

Hi there all, I was reading this thread with interest as I have now had my BOLD for two weeks, and just getting to convert my video to the Bold.
I have for the last year and a half, used the DVD Catalyst GT and DVD Catalyst 2 for converting my DVD's and video files to PSP and my Archos 504.

Having a quick email chat with DVD Catalyst I upgraded to DVD Catalyst 3 and within 20 minutes converted an avi file to the BOLD with 480 x 320 resolution.
Audio is perfect and video is craking too.
Although the Bold is not listed ; yet ; in their device list, I set the DVD Catalyst 3 to device output Blackberry 83xx with the various video setting changes I wanted and off it went.

DVD Catalyst will convert in various formats , which I will list here and the device list is also very extensive.

Do a google search of DVD Catalyst 3 and look for pocketdvd.ca and you will find it there.

There is also a free manual to download, so if you are not sure its for you, go and download and have a good read.

I may be biased to this, however I have converted over 240 DVD's and not once had an issue with this piece of software.

So, I hope you might give this a try and if you love it.

Kind Regards
Hotbabe72
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #39
Hotbabe72

Model: 9800

Ooopps , forgot to list some of the conversions for DVD Catalyst 3, but here goes.
I have just copied and pasted the following from their website.

* Converts all DVDs and all common video files to a format that can be played on virtually any portable device, including new codec standards and releases as well as DIVX, XVID, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4, TiVo, DVR-MS (SD), TS, FLV, ISO, MDF

* Does not need any additional software for accessing protected DVDs * Unrestricted 7-day trial. No 5 minute test conversions, no files that need to be recreated after you purchase the program. After the trial expires, just install the purchased version and continue where you left off - including retaining your personalised settings!

* Converts to all common video file formats, including AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG * Includes an ever expanding list of conversion profiles for all the popular devices on the market, including Pocket PC, Smartphone, XBOX 360, Playstation3, PSP, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone, AppleTV, Archos, Zen. If your device is not listed, you can try using a profile from a similar device, or modify the settings according to its specifications.
If you need help, just email us the specifications of your device, and we'll do what we can to make it work. There is no need to purchase the same program for other devices.
Closed Thread