Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
pastorrobcasey

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Talking Figured out a fix for the error

Please Login to Remove!

Your replies were all very helpful, but what got me FINALLY was to just go to the BB Desktop App, Click on Synchronization, Go to Configuraion and click on the Log File. After scrolling down, it told me which contact it was trying to SKIP. I deleted that contact in Outlook to be added later, and yippee skippee! No more error.
Taking off the Facebook Calendar didn't help.
Taking off the birthdays didn't help.
Taking off the Web adddresses didn't help.
Taking off the pictures didn't help.

Deleting the One Corrupt Contact in Outlook fixed it using the Log file. I spent nearly 8 hours trying to resolve this issue only to find such a simple fix, in laymen's terms of course.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by pastorrobcasey; 12-12-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
sirkayiii

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Hi All,

Just ran into this problem today. I tried multiple steps that didn't seem to alleviate the issue.

1.) I erased all my contact pictures...easy way to find in Outlook is Outlook>Contacts>Current View(left navigation)>Phone List>Sort by Attachments. Be sure to "Remove Picture" and then click "Save and Close" clicking on the X didn't work. That didn't work.

2.) I also exported my contacts to see which ones were screwy and cleaned up all my contacts. That didn't work either.

3.) I went and deleted all the contacts on my BB under BB Desktop>Backup & Restore>Advanced>Device Databases>Address Book - All>Delete in hopes that starting fresh on my phone would work. If you do this...be sure that your Outlook has all your contact info up to date. It didn't work for me.

4.) After synchronizing and getting the error I reviewed the synchronization log file in BB Desktop>Synchronization>Configure/Synchronization>View Log as you scroll through the log you'll notice what information the device and outlook are going to exchange. I noticed that there are mentions of "ignore" contacts (only the last name is showing) which seemed to be the cause of the error. In Outlook I created a separate contact list I started moving contacts that are listed as ignore out. You may need to do the move, synchronization, view log, move, synchronization, view log, process a couple times to move out all the corrupted contacts. Once I removed all the ignored contacts out, everything worked like a charm. Chances are the ignored contacts are the ones that caused the issue. I would just take a look at the separate list of contacts that you moved out and create new entries for them in your main Outlook contacts list.

Hopefully this works for you. It took me 4 hrs to figure this out.

Last edited by sirkayiii; 12-21-2009 at 05:13 PM..
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
RaphaelChan

Model: 9000
PIN: 212fc33f
Carrier: ACN (Optus)

Regarding Outlook contact pictures causing the 0x8004fd3 error, for what it's worth, here's what I discovered (I can't find the original thread in this forum where I came to this discovery after taking advice from several contributors so I thought I'd post it here):

I found that only one out of all my 99 Outlook contact photos were causing the 0x8004fd3 error. When I examined the contact in Outlook on my PC, it appeared that the contact photo wasn't displaying properly until I re-added it. After that, it synched ok with my DM without the error.

So the conclusion is that the DM is capable of synching Outlook contacts WITH photos attached. But if the photo is missing (or perhaps any attachment is corrupt) then you might encounter that 0x8004fd3 error.

For people who can't be bothered to check what attachments/photos may be causing the error and don't want to delete their Outlook contact photos (probably after spending a long time laboriously collecting them from reluctant camera-shy people), a simple work around as mentioned by some on this forum is to UN-map your picture/contact photo field, so that the BB device doesn't try to sync the photos.

(From your Desktop Manager DM -> Synchronize -> CONFIGURE Synchronization on left hand side -> Synchronization button -> Advanced button -> Address Book tab -> Map Fields button
Then scroll down to look for Picture <-> Contact Photo field and click on the double-headed arrow "<->" to remove it.)
Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
makulaf

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile
Default re: 0x80040fb3 error

first post but found the forum googling the above referenced error. I was having the same problem today trying to backup my blackberry; the first time with regular backups over the past year.

after trying a few fixes I read about here I was still having the issue. I then tried the backup again and watched the progress bar as the device was backing up. I saw across the top of the progress bar that mine seemed to stop and give the error code (0x80040fb3 error) when I got to "browser cache."

i went into my balckberry internet options and cleared: Content Cache, Pushed Cache, and cookie Cache.

i then tried a backup again and it worked fine with no errors.

Hope this helps someone.

Jody
Closed Thread