Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuarre View Post
I am sure that something is being missed, or the users are not reporting something, as batteries do not just drain themselves. There has to be an application that is running, even if you think it is not relevant, that is causing the energy drain. Even BeejiveIM, if left running, will kill my battery. I also suggest if your battery is hot, take it out, and let it cool down completely. Every now and then, when I performed a wipe and a fresh install, my battery would get hot. I would remove the battery from the Blackberry, and let it cool down completely.
No, batteries do not just drain themselves (usually) but an OS issue can cause the processor to loop and this can drain a battery quickly.

While the initial cause may have been an application, it looks more and more like an OS Kernel issue.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #22
irwing

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

I had a similar problem on blackberry 8800 and it turned out to be the Micro SD card.
My card had shorted out internally and was draining my battery.
Check your Micro SD card if you have one inserted and make sure it is working. If not remove it and see if the battery correctly
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #23
blakeamick

Model: 9000

My battery has been draining quickly from day one. I've had it for about a month now, and can't keep a charge for no more than 13 - 14 hours. And my day's usually last 16 - 17 hours. I love the bold, but do not like the battery life.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #24
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Did you check the in and out of 3G issue that I mentioned?

Another thought, make sure you close any apps you use, i.e. GoogleMaps, the Browser, etc.

The SD card in the 8800 is a new one on me. Haven't heard of that as a problem, but can see how it could be. Nice catch, BTW.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #25
sunder

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I had massive battery drain issues with .162, .167, then finally found some relief with
.221. I then proceeded to .247 when it became official and it was awful.( With only weathereye and viigo on it would be dead before lunch after taking it off the charger at 6am.) So at any rate downgraded back to .221 and hovered there till the beta .266 came out did a complete wipe and loaded .266 and have had no issues with drain, heat or mem leak. So maybe a wipe an a new os would be of some help. I've also read that some people believe the battery doesn't sit firmly enough and the poor build quality of the battery door may have something to do with draining and heating issues(allows the battery to shift and such) All I know is a near 500 dollar device shouldn't be plagued by such things. And from everything I've read RIM seems in no hurry to fix anything since these issues have been on going since release.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #26
roid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

I did the usual OS progression and after going up as high as .266 I settle on .237 and stayed. Virtually eliminated battery, bluetooth, other issues.

Facebook 1.5 is a battery HOG. I downloaded it, noticed the problem after a couple of days, went back to 1.2 and the problem went away.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
Ketchums

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeamick View Post
My battery has been draining quickly from day one. I've had it for about a month now, and can't keep a charge for no more than 13 - 14 hours. And my day's usually last 16 - 17 hours. I love the bold, but do not like the battery life.
Same thing here!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
jtsunami09876

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

This was an Att issue the other day. Drained battery and blackberry service was out on the BB's. It is fixed now, do a pull of your battery and it should be fine. Not sure why it was, but their was nothing wrong with your phone, it was Att network problem probably trying to reconnect to BB service the whole time.
Closed Thread