BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 AM   #1
tbone1118
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t
Exclamation So Ive asked for help for 3 days and noone has replied, So I need help!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Okay so I want to take some apps off the phone that im not using/and need, because the memory issue with Sms Text and Call Logs deleting.
So I started up DM>Application Loader, and when the App list comes up underneath the App Name it says "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator".
And it says there is no apps like calendar,memo, tasks, blackberry messenger..etc.
Ive also tried this at my girlfriends house on her computer and the same problem keeps happening, So can someone help to explain this problem?

But if nothing else falls into working im already exchanging my phone for a new curve because dust issues.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: o2

Try just deleting them directly from you BB.

Select the BB button>options>advanced options>applications....when the list of applications is listed click the BB button again for the menu options on the applications you wish to delete. If its deletable from the handset (e.g. brickbreaker) a 'delete' option will appear in the pop up menu. Select this to delete the application.

Last edited by i robot; 07-10-2007 at 04:37 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #3
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

As for the dust issues 'blow and polish' My curves as clean as a whistle
Old 07-10-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

I think they are talking dust under the screen cover which looks like it is going to be a problem for the 8300.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is this dust problem dependent on where you BB was manufacturered mine was made in Canada and I dont seem to be getting this on/in my BB.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by i robot View Post
Is this dust problem dependent on where you BB was manufacturered mine was made in Canada and I dont seem to be getting this on/in my BB.
I think that the dust problem is also somewhat dependent on how you carry your 8300. I would imagine that those who carry theirs in their pants pockets would be at greater risk than those who keep it in a belt-case or something similar.

Mine was made in Mexico, and usually in the OEM case on my belt during the day...and is dust free as far as I can tell.

Last edited by davistld01; 07-10-2007 at 06:28 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah I keep mine in the pouch supplied by o2 and it seems to do the trick
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
BoogerB

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Where can you find out where its manufactured at?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1118 View Post
Okay so I want to take some apps off the phone that im not using/and need, because the memory issue with Sms Text and Call Logs deleting.
So I started up DM>Application Loader, and when the App list comes up underneath the App Name it says "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator".
And it says there is no apps like calendar,memo, tasks, blackberry messenger..etc.
Ive also tried this at my girlfriends house on her computer and the same problem keeps happening, So can someone help to explain this problem?

But if nothing else falls into working im already exchanging my phone for a new curve because dust issues.
what version of the blackberry desktop software are you using? if you are not using 4.1 i do not BELIEVE it will even recognize any phone that is using a 4.2 OS
Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
tbone1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyct1 View Post
what version of the blackberry desktop software are you using? if you are not using 4.1 i do not BELIEVE it will even recognize any phone that is using a 4.2 OS
Well its the version that I just got with my new curve(got it a couple days ago), So should i download a new DM from blackberry.com?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
tbone1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by i robot View Post
Try just deleting them directly from you BB.

Select the BB button>options>advanced options>applications....when the list of applications is listed click the BB button again for the menu options on the applications you wish to delete. If its deletable from the handset (e.g. brickbreaker) a 'delete' option will appear in the pop up menu. Select this to delete the application.
But also what if I want those Apps back later on if I decide I want to use them???
Closed Thread