BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
garpt

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry- PLEASE fix the random reboots!

Please Login to Remove!

It's been 3-4 months in some parts of the world since rollout. The 10.1 "leaks" don't appear to be addressing the issue (I realize it's not official as of yet.)
I don't think most of us care if it is the carrier's fault (doubtful) or Blackberry's fault, but this is getting tired (speaking of which, I am also tired as my alarm started going off at crazy times as a result of reboots during the night.)
Now, I read a post in another forum from a Z10 user that had his phone reboot during a 911 call!
Blackberry- PLEASE FIX this!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Default Re: Blackberry- PLEASE fix the random reboots!

1. This forum is not owned, operated, or otherwise affiliated with BlackBerry.
2. This needs to be in Rants & Raves.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I'll get right on it.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
tinoni

Model: 9981
Carrier: vodafone

I have a serious issue to resolve. My BB 9981 died!

My OS was not updated for long time, and one day the phone died. I looked into some forums and I thought that maybe the issue was from the OS and I have used CFP command to delete previous one and install new OS.
Now I have a blinking red light and a black screen and when I try to use Desktop manager or any other software (at least those mentioned in common forums) cant access the device or the connection fails due to loop reboot from phone.
Only CFP is able to establish and maintain connection but I have this weird feeling that Im not deleting everything or the OS I have installed is not the proper one.

Now I have lost faith, because I have no more forums to search for or even I have no more ideas to explore.
The worst part is, I have no idea where to find other OS to use with CFP, or new command lines to really take full control of the device.

For reference, I have used bb desktop manager, fast installer, hybrid tools, jl_cmder, BBmaster controller, BBSAK, /noJVM.
Even with /nojvm, it fails when waiting for initialization/jvm connection ... and I have tried in bbLoader or desktop manager.

Another examples:
- when using the BBmaster if I try to delete both letters, I have one ABORT FAIL error in the final description.
- when using BBSAK i have no connectivity at all. device is not recognized.

I really dont like to ask for help for silly things but I apologize, because the only "smart" idea that is present is to give up and put this phone into the garbage bag...

There is anyone who might have suggestions?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoni View Post
I have a serious issue to resolve. My BB 9981 died!

My OS was not updated for long time, and one day the phone died. I looked into some forums and I thought that maybe the issue was from the OS and I have used CFP command to delete previous one and install new OS.
Now I have a blinking red light and a black screen and when I try to use Desktop manager or any other software (at least those mentioned in common forums) cant access the device or the connection fails due to loop reboot from phone.
Only CFP is able to establish and maintain connection but I have this weird feeling that Im not deleting everything or the OS I have installed is not the proper one.

Now I have lost faith, because I have no more forums to search for or even I have no more ideas to explore.
The worst part is, I have no idea where to find other OS to use with CFP, or new command lines to really take full control of the device.

For reference, I have used bb desktop manager, fast installer, hybrid tools, jl_cmder, BBmaster controller, BBSAK, /noJVM.
Even with /nojvm, it fails when waiting for initialization/jvm connection ... and I have tried in bbLoader or desktop manager.

Another examples:
- when using the BBmaster if I try to delete both letters, I have one ABORT FAIL error in the final description.
- when using BBSAK i have no connectivity at all. device is not recognized.

I really dont like to ask for help for silly things but I apologize, because the only "smart" idea that is present is to give up and put this phone into the garbage bag...

There is anyone who might have suggestions?
Do not hijack others' threads with unrelated questions.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
garpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpt View Post
It's been 3-4 months in some parts of the world since rollout. The 10.1 "leaks" don't appear to be addressing the issue (I realize it's not official as of yet.)
I don't think most of us care if it is the carrier's fault (doubtful) or Blackberry's fault, but this is getting tired (speaking of which, I am also tired as my alarm started going off at crazy times as a result of reboots during the night.)
Now, I read a post in another forum from a Z10 user that had his phone reboot during a 911 call!
Blackberry- PLEASE FIX this!
This isn't a "Rant or Rave".
It's a Plea. and although I see dozens and dozens of different topics in these forums, "Plea's", is not one of them. This post was to hopefully start a DISCUSSION on a very severe issue that is now getting old with way too many Z10 owners. As a stock holder, I have an interest in seeing this company succeed. Blackberry has been much to slow to acknowledge, let alone fix, an issue that is more than a "bug". Being in the industry, and now hearing retailers say their major problem of late is taking back returns on Z10's due to the reboot issue, is very disturbing.

Last edited by garpt; 05-22-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpt View Post
This isn't a "Rant or Rave".
It's a Plea. and although I see dozens and dozens of different topics in these forums, "Plea's", is not one of them. This post was to hopefully start a DISCUSSION on a very severe issue that is now getting old with way too many Z10 owners. As a stock holder, I have an interest in seeing this company succeed. Blackberry has been much to slow to acknowledge, let alone fix, an issue that is more than a "bug". Being in the industry, and now hearing retailers say their major problem of late is taking back returns on Z10's due to the reboot issue, is very disturbing.
As a stockholder, you should contact Blackberry. We can't help you.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
garpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
As a stockholder, you should contact Blackberry. We can't help you.
I would think my posts have made it clear I have already taken that route and others. I thought CrackBerry was the "Fanboi" site. They pound everyone who has a negative comment to make on the Z10 over there. I was hoping this was a forum with more level headed views. But I guess the "Justin Bieber" mentality that is found over on that forum works, as is obvious by the post counts and membership on that site as opposed to this one.

I was encouraged to post my concerns and frustrations on THIS site when I inquired where to post regarding this very serious issue. I was misled.

Go right along and bury your collective heads in the sand that everything is fine and dandy with the Z10, that it is a fantastic device free of major issues, and see how that helps your site AND the company that is the reason for this forums existence. Because with that kind of thinking, sadly, neither one of you will exist much longer.

Goodbye and best.

Gary

Last edited by garpt; 05-22-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

You will be missed.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Your plea is in vain. You think if it ever would have made a difference that it matters now? And here? No. And that is why your post is a rant.

The best thing you can do is talk to whomever you bought the device from. That is your recourse.