Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
strngdze
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB Media Sync with BB Bold Issue

Please Login to Remove!

I’m having an issue with BB Media Sync that I’ve not been able to find the answer to.
On my PC, I have a 500G hard drive that I’ve partitioned 300G for media files. This Partition is the “K” Drive on my PC. All of my MP3’s are from CD’s that I either own or have been created through Note Burner to be DRM Free. I run BB Media Sync and it recognizes all of my playlists in ITunes, and I do have the ability to put a check next to each playlist (They are not grayed out). Yet when I click on the playlist, it says “Network Files Are Not Supported” next to almost every song with the exception of one or two. The weird thing is, that the one or two songs that are supported reside in the exact same place on my K drive, and sometimes even in the same album folder. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Swerengen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Unfortunately I have never come across that issue with Media Sync before and I have had many issues with Media Sync - believe me =(

I did a bit of searching myself and have found only one reference to the problem and it looks like they too are still waiting to hear a solution.

Perhaps a uninstall and a fresh install or a downgrade to the previous version???

Sorry wish I could help more.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
strngdze
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerengen View Post
Unfortunately I have never come across that issue with Media Sync before and I have had many issues with Media Sync - believe me =(

I did a bit of searching myself and have found only one reference to the problem and it looks like they too are still waiting to hear a solution.

Perhaps a uninstall and a fresh install or a downgrade to the previous version???

Sorry wish I could help more.
You must have found the "one" reference that I had found as well (I searched everywhere). It seems to be a rare occurrence.
I'll try the fresh install as you recommended and see what happens. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

I have been trying to sync my bold w/media sync and have a strange problem. When the media sync window opens, I check All Music and do the sync. After the 315 songs are sync'd to the media card I see each artist's folder. However under each folder there's another folder labeled "Unknown" and all that artist's songs are placed there.

So when I acces the artist on the bold, it shows (all) and (unknown). Both will list the songs for that artist.

How do I get rid of the unknown folders/lists in media sync. Doing it manually from the media manager does no work.
Closed Thread