BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
bendsley7

Model: 7105t
Default PocketMac and Advanced Preferences.

Please Login to Remove!

I didn't see any posting about the Advanced Preferences setting that until yesterday I didn't know existed for PocketMac. Perhaps some of you did, but for those who have not found it...

Go to Library and then find the PocketMac folder, or just go to spotlight and type in "adv" and it should come up. Here are a bunch of unsupported options for PocketMac, some that I find very helpful.

My question though, is that when I go to the (IMHO) very useful sycronization tab, there is a place for "sync to one calendar in iCal"...when I check this box, none of my calendars appear in the box. Anyone else have a similar problem? And anyone else fix it? I would love to be able to take some of my calendars with me, but leave some of them on the mac.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

Have you tried having only one calendar checked in ical after you flip that switch?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
bendsley7

Yes, I tried that. I tried not having iCal open. I tried having them all checked. Doesn't seem to work for me at all.

Again does anyone else have this problem? Does it work for anyone?

Was I the only one NOT to know about advanced preferences for PocketMac...
Thanks...
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
EchoBravo

Model: 7100T

Neat to know it's there, but I didn't see anything I would use. Someone will surely find it useful, however.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
bendsley7

I would love to be able to sync only one of my iCal calendars...or group several of them together under mobile and take those with me and leave the others to the Mac.

Also, it may seem simple, but I like the "notify me when blackberry is done syncing". I never know when PocketMac is finished otherwise, and I appreciate being able to do it, walk away, and come back and see a window that says "All done!"

The push option would be helpful if there is a problem with the blackberry data, but not your MAC and you just want to restore what's on the blackberry without "whiping" the Blackberry. When I switched from Entourage to iLife (address book, mail, etc.) I whipped my whole blackberry to make sure it was in complete agreement with the Mac, but I then had to reset all kinds of setting on the blackberry. Knowing about PUSH would've solved this problem.

Otherwise most of the options are unsupported for a reason...like the warning says "they're dangerous..."

Still wondering how many people knew about this and if anyone else has an issue with the iCal drop down menu...
Old 05-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
bendsley7

bump. a ton of readers, but no repliers...chime in if you've experienced this problem or if you haven't. it would help me figure out why I have the problem and you may not...thanks!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Funny I actually just discovered the advanced prefs myself, but not on my own. I emailed support with 2 questions:
1) can I sync to a specific calendar in iCal
2) can I use time stamps to resolve deletions instead of being prompted

They directed me to the advanced prefs and said that:
1) specific calendar sync'ing will be a feature in v2.0 - so even though you see it, as has been pointed out it's not currently functional
2) you can indeed use the advanced prefs to basically say that if an item was deleted in one place it should be deleted in the other. I have chosen this option and it's made syncing much quicker and more painless.

Hope this helps,
TM
Old 05-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #8
bendsley7

Very helpful Anthony. Thank you. I didn't even try support since I found out that advanced preferences was "unsupported".

Can't wait for 4.0 (I assumed that's the version number you meant since we're on version 3.0 currently), I really need to be able to sync just one calendar. And there is a problem with syncing the "Birthdays calendar" that will get fixed in 4.0 as well.

Thanks again for your reply...
Old 05-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
bendsley7

bump
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
BB-8700G

Model: 8700g
Default Advanced Prefs... Push

Looks like the Push feature makes it a one-way sync.
I'll try that - since I want to be careful not to bring anything from my BB back to my Mac.

But haven't had success getting anything from my iCal onto the BB 8700g.
Closed Thread