Originally Posted by Kretus
I too am very interested to see if there is a solution. I've spent the last 3 days trying to upgrade my eBay bought 8100 to 4.5, from 4.2.x. Nothing works. I've tried the usual plethora of different versions, different vendor OS's (deleting vendor.xml first of course - and making sure no other vendor.xml files exist on the machine).
Have tried turning off everything first, even the latest "legit" OS from the phone's mobile vendor (O2 UK), nothing works. The second I try to put anything above 4.2.x on the phone it bricks, with a red flashing light to boot
And have tried the usual wiping, battery in-out techniques, nothing.
If anyone ever came across a solution I would be *very* interested indeed