BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
craigme
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMOB
Default BWC - Can you 'pause' the email ?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using BWC to check my corp email via Outlook Web Client. When I'm in the office I don't need my mail forwarded to my BB. Is there a way to pause the checking of mail from the BWC ? I've thought about putting the wrong password in the BWC but am worried that my admin may think he's under attack with bad logins showing up every couple of minutes. Anyone have an idea ?
Also, anyone know how to submit feature requests to RIM ? I'd love to have the ability to pause email checking (if it's not already available) and to have the option to setup days of week/ hours of day for BWC to check email.
- Craig
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #2
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

The only way to do this is to turn off the radio;
Or use the Auto-Off feature (but you won't be able to use your Berry while it's turned off).

You may want to explain to your admin that all the *blackberry.net logins is just your BlackBerry reguarly checking email.

Alternatively, do not forward your POP email to your BlackBerry and instead manually check your POP using a separate BlackBerry email client (Reqwireless Emailviewer) or see if your admin's webmail site is compatible in the BlackBerry HTML browser. (Fortunately, my ISP's webmail is compatible, so I can manually check my POP accounts rather than get it forwarded to BWC).

You can also ask the admin to configure your email account to automatically forward a copy of your non-BWC emails to the BWC email address, and then turn off the POP pull feature in the BWC configuration.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread