Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
dkossowsky@partners.org

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Question email saga-help!

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my curve yesterday. I set up the email via work with the BES- but I noticed that I wasn't recieving any emails and when I checked my email on the actual server I had new emails. So, being an idiot, I just took oout teh battery and rest teh blackberry- when I tried to reinstall the email setting and activate my account on teh BES- it wouldn't let me...I called teh IT dept and they said that I probably couldn't use teh activation password again. They didn't know what to do so sent my issue to the "outlook team". I wanted to set up some sort of email, so I tried to set up the BIS and couldn't find it, so did teh good ol' battery trick and it all reset and I was able to actually get my work email off the web server address. The thing is, it doesn't sync with my work contact list, etc...

So- do I leave it as is: checking email off outlook web server or should I wait and try and reset everything via BES...in which case can I do a hard wipe and restart fresh?

I noticed in service books (which I have no clue about) I have both a thing for my email with "cical" next to it and one with "cmime" next do it...what are those??
Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

If you have a BES then wipe and try Enterprise Activation again. You might need another EA password though.

You're not going to get wireless sync via BIS and messing with BIS won't help with troubleshooting so leave it alone for the time being. Delete any integrated email accounts in BIS.

Last edited by takeshi; 08-01-2008 at 10:51 AM..
Closed Thread