Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
mikew202

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default 7100i Transfer of Photos

Please Login to Remove!

Have 7100i with device software 4.1.0.376. Have Desktop Manager of 4.1.0.8. Use to be able to transfer photos from desktop to device. I have an icon for photos with current photos on my device. Now I am not able to transfer photos from desktop to device. Any ideas??? Let me also state that I did have desktop manager version 4.2 earlier, which I believe gave me this ability to transfer photos. But is has been awhile and it would not work. Called Nextel and informed me to go back to 4.1, which I did.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You can't do that with the 7100i. You need to email them to yourself. In order to transfer with DM you need OS 4.2 on the device.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
mikew202

You know what. You just refreshed my memory and that is exactly how I did before. Thanks again!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
larryweiliu

Model: 7100v
Carrier: China Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew202 View Post
Have 7100i with device software 4.1.0.376. Have Desktop Manager of 4.1.0.8. Use to be able to transfer photos from desktop to device. I have an icon for photos with current photos on my device. Now I am not able to transfer photos from desktop to device. Any ideas??? Let me also state that I did have desktop manager version 4.2 earlier, which I believe gave me this ability to transfer photos. But is has been awhile and it would not work. Called Nextel and informed me to go back to 4.1, which I did.
1. DM->Backup/Restore->Advanced. Backup 'Content Store'.
2. Bring up IPDManager, open the 'Content Store' ipd with it and navigate to /home/user/pictures. Drag the photos you want to transfer into the phone into the folder. Save the edited ipd file.
3. DM->Backup/Restore->Advanced. Restore 'Content Store' with the edited ipd file and you will get the photos in your phone.

ps. IPDManager (v1.0.0.18 downloadable here) is freeware made by a Chinese endyvee@bbs.maxpda.com so only the Chinese version is available. But I guess you can ignore the weird characters and simply use the icons on the toolbar.

Last edited by larryweiliu; 02-28-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Interesting method. Should work if that IPDManager works.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
ASH_CR

Model: 8320
Carrier: ICE

Very interesting indeed.
I was eager to try it but the download site on the link never worked for me, after entering the code it gives me a broken link.
Then I searched the web and found this asian forum thread: 如此简单---使用“IPDManager”扩展BB的**图铃世界**图文教程---7290新手日记1 - Blackberry教程文档区 - MAXPDA论坛 -BlackBerry-黑莓-Treo-Palm-PPC-PDA论坛
It shows pictures of the procedure described by larryweiliu and what I guess are explanations on how to do it. I thought the software was there but the rar file does not seem to work and the contents I think are the same screen shots on the page.
I couldn't find a place to download the software but still it is very interesting. If some one can get me a link to download the application or send it over email I will be really glad.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
larryweiliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH_CR View Post
Very interesting indeed.
I was eager to try it but the download site on the link never worked for me, after entering the code it gives me a broken link.
Then I searched the web and found this asian forum thread: 如此简单---使用“IPDManager”扩展BB的**图铃世界**图文教程---7290新手日记1 - Blackberry教程文档区 - MAXPDA论坛 -BlackBerry-黑莓-Treo-Palm-PPC-PDA论坛
It shows pictures of the procedure described by larryweiliu and what I guess are explanations on how to do it. I thought the software was there but the rar file does not seem to work and the contents I think are the same screen shots on the page.
I couldn't find a place to download the software but still it is very interesting. If some one can get me a link to download the application or send it over email I will be really glad.
Bigupload works for me. Anyway, the attachment should work. Delete the .doc extension; it should be an rar file.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IPDManager_1.0.0.18.rar.doc (454.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
ASH_CR

Model: 8320
Carrier: ICE

It works 100%, really easy. Thanks to larryweiliu. Great and simple solution.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
larryweiliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH_CR View Post
It works 100%, really easy. Thanks to larryweiliu. Great and simple solution.
It is reported that 7100 supports only JPG and PNG formats. Make sure your photos are either JPG or PNG.
Ringtones can also be imported into the phone with IPDManager. The folder is /home/user/ringtones. My friend says 7100 supports ADP and MINI no larger than 200KB.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
principito03

Carrier: ingeneer
Default help me

I have a bb7100i i need unlock to use in my country who can help me, thks
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
chuy_juarez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
PIN: 403C4D45

Hello you all, I followed all the steps posted but "no can do", I think the IPDManager v1.0.0.18 is not working correctly because when I try to open the ipd file a alert comes up and it says "Stream read error.", any one encountered this problem?

John Clark Quote
In order to transfer with DM you need OS 4.2 on the device.

Any one knows how I can update the OS in my device
Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #12
chuy_juarez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
PIN: 403C4D45

only putting this thread on top of the list, has any one found a way to do this from the PC?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #13
stalin12

Model: 7100
Carrier: idea

Great it works..with the simple solution