Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Rumored CDMA BBs for Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/27/leaked-cdma-blackberry-roadmap-reveals-curve-touch-bold-touch-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+R eport%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Two weeks ago, BGR revealed several upcoming smartphones BlackBerry maker RIM had baking in the oven. Tonight, the CDMA side of the equation has been filled out following a leaked internal slide deck obtained by Crackberry.com.

Joining the Bold Touch (Dakota), the next-generation Curve (Apollo), The Torch 2 and the Storm 3 (Monaco) are a swarm of CDMA handsets destined for U.S. shores.

The Montana will launch in August of this year as the CDMA counterpart to the Dakota. Like the GSM Bold Touch, the Montana will feature a 1.2GHz CPU, a 5-megapixel camera and a touchscreen above its classic QWERTY keypad.

The Sedona will line up with the Apollo as RIM’s entry-level CDMA device for the second half of the year, and will launch in August or September.

Finally, the previously unknown Curve Touch (Malibu) appears to be a forthcoming entry-level full touchscreen device for the CDMA market. Due in late fall, the Curve Touch features the same 800GHz processor as the next-gen Curves, a 3.2-inch HVGA touchscreen display, a 5-megapixel camera with support for HD video capture, 1GB of flash memory, 512MB of RAM, microSDHC support and an updated version of the BlackBerry 6 OS.

Additional slides in the deck detail upcoming tweaks to the BlackBerry 6 OS, new gaming features, new personalization options, a CDMA version of the Monaco, of course, and plenty more.

Use the link above to see the slides.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
aygriffith
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C7D67D
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Rumored CDMA BBs for Verizon

Who's to say that Verizon will be the only one getting a touch CDMA blackberry this time around. I'd say that Verizon does a poor job of marketing the Storm 2 (or they just avoid marketing it) since the wave of Android swept over their lineup. Also with the addition of the Iphone on Feb 11th, I think RIM would be foolish to think they're going to get the sales teams to push any touch berries at the consumer level.

Theres alot of competition in their in store lineup at Verizon and the sales people want the easy sell which isn't always Blackberry when it comes to new customers. RIM needs to spread the love if they hope to maintain a strong non enterprise consumer base in the US.

7510 > 7520 > 7100i > 8700c > 8800 > 8320 > 8310 > 9630 > 9700 > 9650

Last edited by aygriffith; 01-27-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
oldrelicdvds
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z30
PIN: 3353CF0C
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Read all about the BGR reports and also this one at engadget:
BlackBerry Monaco Touch, Bold Touch, Sedona, and more leaked for CDMA -- Engadget

Really think that RIM is making a mistake in taking so long to get newer models out. I'm sure I'm not the only Verizon Wireless customer that would love to see new Blackberry models ASAP.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
ARCANGEL63
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SPRINT

i agree that by the time they (rim) get this stuff out they will still be, no pun intended, behind the curve,,, while they may be trying to get it right, w/ the new os & whatnot, the monster berry everyone is waiting on will be looking @ the @sses of all the other phones that will be out there by that time, not sure i understand why they're dragging their feet unless they're arrogent enough to think they're immune to people jumping ship, some of these other phones are getting pretty tempting although i'm not sold on them quite yet...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
JayInNJ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

I have been eligible for a refresh since November, now my Storm (1) won't charge and I have to remove the battery to an external charger. I have been waiting to replace this till a new BB comes out similar to the Torch or even Storm 3, however, if nothing comes out by the time the iPhone 5 comes this summer I am going to have to leave BB. I originally set a deadline of this March, but it looks like I might have to wait a bit longer since nothing good has come out on Verizon. RIM has not brought anything new to Verizon with a touch screen in a year and a half, that is not the way to compete with Android and Apple.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
PJD642
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Verizon

Damnit! I want a CMDA TORCH2!!!!! Full length screen and a real keyboard. Why is that so hard to get? AT&T's service here sucks, so that's not really an option.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInNJ View Post
I have been eligible for a refresh since November, now my Storm (1) won't charge and I have to remove the battery to an external charger. I have been waiting to replace this till a new BB comes out similar to the Torch or even Storm 3, however, if nothing comes out by the time the iPhone 5 comes this summer I am going to have to leave BB. I originally set a deadline of this March, but it looks like I might have to wait a bit longer since nothing good has come out on Verizon. RIM has not brought anything new to Verizon with a touch screen in a year and a half, that is not the way to compete with Android and Apple.
I know how you feel. I'm still on an 8330 Curve and it's pretty limited compared to some of the new stuff that's out there now. I wasn't impressed with the Bold 9650 due to the signal and battery issues when it came out so I've been holding on for the next stage so to speak (perhaps an LTE version) but they are really taking a long long time to release new products. I figure Q3 there should be something (Dakota, Montana, or was it Monaco? - I can't remember exactly) but I guess time will tell. Zzzzz!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
Damnit! I want a CMDA TORCH2!!!!! Full length screen and a real keyboard. Why is that so hard to get? AT&T's service here sucks, so that's not really an option.
DITTO!!!! Although everytime I talk to someone at VZW I tell them if they don't get something like the Torch soon, I will go to ATT because my contract is nearly up.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Got a chance to play with the Montana yesterday. Camera sucks but the touchscreen is always equivalent to iPhone.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
Yea, I know how you feel.

My 2 year contract with VZW is up in November, I get my(supposedly) free upgrade in July, but I was getting sick and tired of the on-screen keyboard on my Storm 2. So I tried a Torch on AT&T, since they give you 30 days. Being in NYC I expected the worst from the service but, frankly, I got better phone service than with Verizon (in my office all calls to the Storm 2 went to VM, with the Torch there was no problem receiving and making calls). AT&T's Internet service was slow for video with consistent buffering, and you can tell they're worried as they disable all video links on some sites, like CNN and FoxNews. AT&T's Visual Voice Mail for free was great.

In the end, however, I panicked. I was afraid I hadn't seen the worst of AT&T service and figured that Verizon would get a new device in fairly short order. After experiencing some bad AT&T CS trying to cancel (the rep lied to me about the process and when I posted on the AT&T Boards detailing his tricks they closed the thread) I was finally successful, wrapped up the Torch and sent it back.

Now I'm having second thoughts, only because I see that even the new BBs that MIGHT end up on VZW at SOME point don't have the nice big screen of the Torch coupled with a physical keyboard, which I really wanted. However, that's water under the bridge as I've canceled AT&T and sent back the phone, but if I had it to do over again I might have kept the Torch.

Last edited by nlk10010; 04-17-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
ej8903

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

This may be old news, but I stopped by the VZ kiosk yesterday and the sales person pulled up on the computer that the 9930 would be available on July 28, so a few more days...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8903 View Post
This may be old news, but I stopped by the VZ kiosk yesterday and the sales person pulled up on the computer that the 9930 would be available on July 28, so a few more days...
Yes, this is old news, and irrelevant to this old thread.