BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
xXxexpertxXx

Model: B9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Increase your battery life! 1 simple rule!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok so i have had a blackberry 9000 for quiet some time now and the battery with Msn running wont last longer than 3-6 hours WITHOUT msn running 6-9 hours but rarely ever 8 hours. which is NOT LONG at all for a business phone. How ever, If u wait untill the phone battery is COMPLETLY dead so that the phone is UNABLE to extablish connecting, in other words unable to use "Radio Use" THan charge it over night while the phone is turned on (i only say turned on because i have only charged it turned on so i am explaining this the way i EXPERIENCED) anyways, I have done this and the battery does infact have an incredible life span. 1 day (about 16 hours the goes from 100% full health to about 75 - 50% but never below 50% than DONT charge it obviously, because its got enough batt life to last another 16 hours. than, the next night it should be dead thats when u should charge it, I recommend trying this. I have called rogers (my phone company) and have replaced my blackberry 8 times and i got pissed at them, well. its not their fault. U gotta charge the battery when its DEAD!. If u charge the battery when its only 75% dead than the next day your only going to be able to use %25 of the actual battery life. Which makes ALOT OF SENSE.

BTW this is with msn running and with several contacts messageing me at once and i use my black berry alot so its not always on standby.

anyways hope this works

--expert

Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 06-07-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Wrong.

Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
xXxexpertxXx

Well wrong for u cause u have never tryd it. How am i wrong when i have tryd it? Good explanation would be helpfull isntead of saying WRONG. Doing the step i mentioned above isnt just my opinion, Its a fact because i have tryd it and so have others and thats the only way to make the batt life last longer. U can switch to 2g but thats the dummest edvice someone could give u because u pretty much need 3g to bbm most of the bbm messages dont go threw right away or dont go threw at all when using 2g and others say reduce the screen light. again this may increase the bat life a little bit, but according to reviews and my exerpience that its true. a battery needs to be FULLY dead than charged to get the full effect of the battery. So the correct response would be
100% CORRECT! Try it, post back ur resualts! But ofcourse if its true u most likley will say it never worked. Thats why they ask u to fully KILL the batt upon purchasing a phone than charge it.
Think again!
-expert

EDIT: Those steps u gave in that link are several little steps to increase the battery by a few hours, my step is 1 big easy, simple step to increase battery life by days HAHAHA ya. DAYS! not just hours, DAYS! LMFFARO!!!!!!!!!

Good link, im not saying ur offering a shitty link. Its good i will go ahead and try those steps but if your going to go out for a bit for a walk, chill with friends ALL DAY and wanna use ur phone alot and going to be having msn on the whole day and u got no where to charge it cause u dont want to carry ur charger everywhere, U can do what i have explained.. But Good link so ill give u credit for that!

and the tips it gives u, Turn off blue tooth and 2g, turn of radio use when u can. I mean thats just DUM. The phone battery should be able to last ALONG TIME with 3g on, bluetooth and having everything maxed on the phonme. OLDER phones last much longer than blackberrys. Explaine that? I have a nokia cheap phone for $50 and it lasted several days of no charging i mean COME ON blackberrys are shit for batt life. Unless ofcourse u do as i explaine!

Carry an extra battery if you think you need it? WTF u shouldnt have to, thats just dum who wants to carry another battery.

and ofcourse that guide dont apply to me since im using a totally DIFFERENT kind of battery for my black berry!

Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 06-07-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
TXLady

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Maybe that's the only thing that worked for you and more power to you. However waiting until your battery is dead to charge it is impractical, makes no sense, and is not what other users who have been around a while have experienced. I think I'll tend to go with what they have to say.

I keep my work BB on a charger in my office most of the time unless I'm away from the office or on travel. I charge my personal BB every night. I never let either one go dead. And you know what. I never have any problems with the battery in either phone.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

My battery lasts over a day on a charge. I run BT and wifi on all the time, and always had 30-40% battery life left at the end of the day. Stick it back on the cradle charger, the bedside mode kicks in and I have an alarm clock on my night stand. Wake up in the morning, take the 9700 off the charging cradle and go all day long.

If you only charge your phone's battery when it's dead, exactly do you predict when it will go dead? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
OLDER phones last much longer than blackberrys. Explaine that?
It's easy to explain how older phones' batteries last so long - ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE PHONE CALLS. They didn't run "apps" that were constantly polling for data - email, weather information, RSS feeds, twitter clients, BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, radio apps (Slacker, IHeartRadio, etc)... they were not called "smart phones" for a reason - they didn't do anything, and thus, didn't consume much power.

Last edited by fonejunkie; 06-07-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Mr. "expert"

You are completely missing the point... read the FAQ again and pay attention to the part about Lithium-ion batteries.

I truly don't care what method you follow because you will have to live with your decision. I am concerned with the bad data you are passing to other innocent users who may not know better.

And FYI, I do as the FAQ says and my battery lasts for well over 24 hours.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Letting a Li-ion battery go completely dead causes more harm than good and that is according to all the battery experts I know.

Not what one should be doing.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
xXxexpertxXx

Ya its F'd. because no matter what i do my batt dont last long and i use it for work. I HAVE to use it for work. And it doesnt last longer, But it is now since i have been charing it when it fully dies! to be exact! I unplugged it at 9 am this morning. Its now 1:07am the next day and it went down 1 bar. the status says 75% and im going to bed in the next 10 minutes. and if i charge it now than it will be 25% weaker the next day. Im just saying for some reason, its working great for me this way so its kinda messsed since u guys say its bad. If i dont charge it the way i am now, than its going to not last long and pretty much its like this, Without a phone i CANT do my job. Cause my phone IS my job. So if i do it the way i SHOULD be my phones gonna die and im doing it my way for my job ofcourse. Im sure u guys are correct and eventually my batt may just no longer work but that wont be for a while cause i have done this for several months.

I THOUGHT this was a good guide but apperently it is not good, so i now WOULDNT recommend anyone doing this UNLESS they are ofcourse in my situation...

Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 06-08-2010 at 12:10 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #9
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

The fail is strong with this one...
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxexpertxXx View Post
But it is now since i have been charing it when it fully dies!
Like Russian Roulette, when will be the time it doesnt work again?

From: Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Prolonging battery pack life

* Depletion below the low-voltage threshold (2.4 to 2.8 V/cell, depending on chemistry) results in an unrecoverable dead battery because the protection circuit disables charging with a standard charger.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Good link, im not saying ur offering a shitty link. Its good i will go ahead and try those steps but if your going to go out for a bit for a walk, chill with friends ALL DAY and wanna use ur phone alot and going to be having msn on the whole day and u got no where to charge it cause u dont want to carry ur charger everywhere, U can do what i have explained.. But Good link so ill give u credit for that!
Are you actually as illiterate as you portray yourself in your posts, or just putting on an act? Who are you pretending to be?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Not to mention, real business people don't use MSN.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
xXxexpertxXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Are you actually as illiterate as you portray yourself in your posts, or just putting on an act? Who are you pretending to be?
My self

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Not to mention, real business people don't use MSN.
So let me ask you something. Your saying ALL business people dont use msn? ALL business people in the entire world DONT use msn. , first of all, u havent met everyone in the world. LMFFARO! Fail right their. Just because someones a business man doesnt mean they dont use msn. <--WTF? DUM! Opinion I work at a computer store i work on building computers, fixing computers. I get numerous Tech Support calls a day on my phone. So whats hard to believe about? Its not like building computers is a hard job or a really hard job to get. Why rant against me when i havnt ranted at all. It seems funny, i come on the forum to tell everyone a great way to make your battery last longer, than i am corrected by other users, than ofcourse i turn around fix my self because i made a mistake, than u guys rant? LMAO! Im hoping some of you are old enough and mature and will do the same. Lets just hope

Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 06-08-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
So let me ask you something. Your saying ALL business people dont use msn? ALL business people in the entire world DONT use msn. , first of all, u havent met everyone in the world.
That's not what I said.

Quote:
LMFFARO!
Was ist diese scheiß?

Quote:
Fail right their.
At what grade did you drop out of high school?

Quote:
Just because someones a business man doesnt mean anything. I work at a computer store i work on building computers, fixing computers. I get numerous calls a day on my phone. So whats hard to believe about? Its not like building computers is a hard job.
It's not hard at all. You're like a monkey pressing buttons to get a banana. Regardless, MSN is not professional.

Quote:
Why rant against me when i havnt ranted at all. It seems funny, i come on the forum to tell everyone a great way to make your battery last longer, than i am corrected by other users, than ofcourse i turn around fix my self because i made a mistake, than u guys rant? LMAO! Im hoping some of you are old enough and mature and will do the same. Lets just hope
Size does matter, after all.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I get numerous Tech Support calls a day on my phone. So whats hard to believe about?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
xXxexpertxXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
That's not what I said.

Was ist diese scheiß?

At what grade did you drop out of high school?

It's not hard at all. You're like a monkey pressing buttons to get a banana. Regardless, MSN is not professional.

Size does matter, after all.

Anyways, this post has nothing to do with bananas and monkeys, and has nothing to do with highschool and when i dropped out because that means absolutely NOTHING to u. Read the first post and u will know what it is about. I am done here. I posted what i had to post. I was wrong. I emit it, and lets move on please. and lets just wait and see if others are mature enough to end it? Most likely NOT LOL

Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 06-08-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to contribute to the forums. That's what they're here for. But, PLEASE, make sure you have correct information when doing so. There are a lot of people who don't post and don't even register, they come looking for a quick answer, and when they come across nonsense like this, they take it as gospel. We try to keep the nonsensical posts to a minimum.

The FAQ is an excellent guide and many, including myself, follow those steps because they simply work.

The flame war is not needed, just do your research and get your facts straight before going on a rampage.

Also, a little off topic, but typing in full words/sentences and not text speak gives your readers a little more confidence in what you're saying.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 06-08-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
I emit it
The only thing you emit is stupidity.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #19
Jenks Woodman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Am displaying my tech knowledge (or lack of) - but what is msn?

www.deansworkshop.net
Old 06-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #20
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

What is now known as Windows Live Messenger.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Closed Thread