Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
tina_k

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ROGERS
Angry Blackberry Torch Keyboard and other buttons not working

Please Login to Remove!

I bought my daughter the Blackberry Torch and activated it on November 22/2010, last night it decided to just stop working. I have taken out the battery and also had Rogers send me the instructions on "How to reload the Blackberry Operating System with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0", I have followed all the directions in the email and still have the same issue, when you slide out the keyboard and try to type it is non responsive, you can use the touch keypad but then when you get into something like BBM or test messages, it will let you open the message and type a reply with the touch screen, but you can't go back to get out of there, all of the buttons under neath the screen DO NOT WORK! The green button, blackberry button, menu button, go back button and red button all do not work, they are all unresponsive. There is no water damage to the phone and when I call Rogers to talk to someone they have no answers, the last guy I spoke to wants to send me out a refurbished phone....which to me is not acceptable considering we haven't done anything to the phone, I paid for a brand new phone and that is what I want to have...not some refurbished phone. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blackberry Torch Keyboard and other buttons not working

Ok , i have a daughter also so here's the question.....how sure are you it did not get wet? even a bit
Old 01-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Re: Blackberry Torch Keyboard and other buttons not working

You may wish to follow some of the advice here (Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ) and see if that helps clear the problem up before you take further action.

As tsac asked, did it get a bit wet? Even damp, sounds like water damage to me also.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread