Please Login to Remove!

Any fixes for this out there pls?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

RIM is notorius for being behind releases of such programs as Outlook.
There is no fix, its currently not supported.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Not yet. Give RIM 6 months to a year to catch up with the times.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
frankb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: Tellme your number, I'll tell you mine.
Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
RIM is notorius for being behind releases of such programs as Outlook.
There is no fix, its currently not supported.
Says who? Never heard about that.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Read the post above yours, Im not the only one who says it.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
frankb

I already spent a lot of hours trying several things, testing several aproaches from RIM (yes, there is a thread in the support database regarding this problem) an from other sources around the internet.
But never i heard about "2010 is not supported".
If there is an official statement, please provide a link or give a quote. But reading other posts I found several people having similar problems, but no statement about general compatibility.
If you have insight information, please share them with us.
regards, frank
Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Ahhh ok.
The fact that Desktop manager hasn't been updated, and loads of people with outlook 2010 cannot sync, would suggest that desktop manager cannot recognise outlook 2010.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

From the BlackBerry Knowledge Base, Document KB20654"

"Currently, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. As a result, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager may report that Microsoft Outlook is not installed, or it may not be able to open the message store.

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

KB20654 - View Document
Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
frankb

This is something I can rely on. I'm wondering, why my search in the kb for "outlook 2010" last week did not find this article. Thx for the link.
Frank
Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

I wonder what Microsoft changed to cause this issue? I do know they require "Active sync 4.5" on a lot of cell applications but I'm not sure Rim incorporates any part of this in their software.

Last edited by tsac; 06-20-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
frankb

Activesync is required only on XP or earlier. Since Vista it is replaced by the mobility center.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
ltoddnelson

Model: 8530

It has been almost a year since Microsoft released the beta version of Office 2010 (June/July 2009). My bet is that RIM is more than 6/12 months behind the curve. MS will most always be the one that causes the issues when it comes to RIM and Outlook syncing. However, RIM's issue is in not understaning or grasping that there are products out there that are close on their heels when it comes to enterprise/business communication. Hello ... RIM! You've had at least a year to prepare. Why are you so lame?

From RIM KB20654:
- "Currently, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. As a result, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager may report that Microsoft Outlook is not installed, or it may not be able to open the message store."
- "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

Office 2010 32- and 64-bit have been released to the general public this month (June 2010) and neither work (beta or RTM). RIM, you have had at least 12 months to work on this. When I called, why is your fix to remove Office 2010 and install Office 2007? That is not a fix!

FRUSTRATED BB OWNER.

Last edited by ltoddnelson; 06-25-2010 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: updated content
Old 06-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
cameronlane

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltoddnelson View Post
It has been almost a year since Microsoft released the beta version of Office 2010 (June/July 2009). My bet is that RIM is more than 6/12 months behind the curve. MS will most always be the one that causes the issues when it comes to RIM and Outlook syncing. However, RIM's issue is in not understaning or grasping that there are products out there that are close on their heels when it comes to enterprise/business communication. Hello ... RIM! You've had at least a year to prepare. Why are you so lame?

From RIM KB20654:
- "Currently, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. As a result, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager may report that Microsoft Outlook is not installed, or it may not be able to open the message store."
- "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

Office 2010 32- and 64-bit have been released to the general public this month (June 2010) and neither work (beta or RTM). RIM, you have had at least 12 months to work on this. When I called, why is your fix to remove Office 2010 and install Office 2007? That is not a fix!

FRUSTRATED BB OWNER.
I'm with you. I've always loved by BB, but my new computer ONLY has Office 2010 loaded, and the inability of my BB to synch with Outlook 2010 is completely unacceptable. One of the main reasons I use a BB is to manage my contacts, tasks, and calendar, and now it's much more difficult to do that.

I don't think this new version of Outlook really snuck up on RIM. It was announced a long time ago and was in Beta for over a year.

I loathe the thought of buying an Apple product (i.e., iPhone), but things like this make me wonder if I'd be better off with another smart phone.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
KHSOLO

Carrier: DIGITEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
I'm with you. I've always loved by BB, but my new computer ONLY has Office 2010 loaded, and the inability of my BB to synch with Outlook 2010 is completely unacceptable. One of the main reasons I use a BB is to manage my contacts, tasks, and calendar, and now it's much more difficult to do that.

I don't think this new version of Outlook really snuck up on RIM. It was announced a long time ago and was in Beta for over a year.

I loathe the thought of buying an Apple product (i.e., iPhone), but things like this make me wonder if I'd be better off with another smart phone.
I was thinking exactly the same thing

The inability to sync with my Outlook 2010 is not only unacceptable its making me miss important appointments and contact data that i need for meetings and work

Ill be looking to switch to another smartphone is this issue is not resolved at the earliest

Ty a lot
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
sbridge

Model: 9600
Carrier: verizon

Well it appears that BB will be driving me to a different phone. Too bad have been loyal, but cannot have a system that has such a disconnect with my outlook 2010 environment
Old 07-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
d51350

Model: Storm

Outlook's clunky .pst file is, alone, enough to run me off to Thunderbird, or something else. And now this: I paid good money for Office 2010 and the move has been nothing but trouble. On today's startup, I discovered my entire .pst file was simply gone. As in "GONE!" Deleted by some poltergeist. (Backed up, of course,)
Then, on sync attempts, you find the "stores" are empty. Stores? Stores? How about a coherent error message?
Apple is like W: Looking pretty good 'bout now.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Admittedly, RIM's suggestion to downgrade to an earlier version of MS Office is a lame one. They need to get with Microsoft and better coordinate support for Outlook in the future.

Having said that, I think most BlackBerry users check things like Outlook support before upgrading their version of MS Office. You can be sure corporations do! No company wants to be out on the bleeding edge of any technology, be it a new operating system for all their office computers or a new mobile device for all their employees. At Goldman Sachs, we didn't upgrade from Windows 2000 to XP until late-2005. Work-arounds are a pain in the butt at best, and often they don't work or don't exist.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
KHSOLO

Carrier: DIGITEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Admittedly, RIM's suggestion to downgrade to an earlier version of MS Office is a lame one.
Is this a formal suggestion by RIM?

Not all users of BB are corporate and some like me expect premium service from both MSF and RIM since their products are expensive and one would assume they are compatible

Some dont have the time or knowledge to fish out which OS or Suite or Smartphone is compatible with what and assumes everything is or should be compatible with everything else

Cheers in advance
Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSOLO View Post

Not all users of BB are corporate and some like me expect premium service from both MSF and RIM since their products are expensive and one would assume they are compatible

Some dont have the time or knowledge to fish out which OS or Suite or Smartphone is compatible with what and assumes everything is or should be compatible with everything else

Cheers in advance
I don't know if RIM suggested this for the Outlook 2010 problem specifically, but I have seen them suggest this approach on other issues.

And you know what they say about "assuming" anything!
These days you have to check. Or run the risk of getting stuck like Outlook 2010 + BlackBerry users. It's not either MSFT's or RIMM's responsibility to ensure compatibility. Nobody promised that these apps would always work together. It is in their collective best interests to have this compatibility though.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSOLO View Post

Cheers in advance
First off, the only users who can reasonably expect 'premium' service from corps like MS and RIM ARE the corporations, with hundreds and thousands of licenses.

You paid good money for Office, good. Does it work as advertised?
Same for the BB.

If you are too lazy to make sure new products play well ith each other, you have no business upgrading to those products in the first place.

Should RIM have been faster in their support of Office 2010? probably. Then again, I don't know how major the changes to the Outlook file format is. I also don't know if MS made last minute changes to the file format.

Both are complex products and compatibility is not as trivial as it may appear to us. I can also fully undrstand RIM not wanting to commit a lot of developper $ to OUtlook 2010 until the product went RTM.
Closed Thread