BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #81
noelstrom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Please Login to Remove!

MEID, no ESN listed. No model number listed on my Help screen, and About reads 8330, not 8330m. Maybe I have a hybrid, lol.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #82
sofiaagapao

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Please Help!!

So, here I am, happily updating, when the plug comes loose from my Curve. Of course, the entire installation failed and my Curve is now dead. Based on some other advice around Crackberry, I manage to wipe it and install the backup file that was saved during the installation. (I lost all of my 3rd party apps, but I have all of my contacts, etc.) But now, every time I try to install, I get an error message. The first one is, "To enjoy the latest functionality from the selected Blackberry Device Software Upgrade, You'll need an active Blackberry service subscription. visit www (dot) blackberry (dot) com (slash) sevice to learn more about blackberry services." Lo and behold, the vendor.xml file has somehow reappeared. So I delete it, try reinstalling 5.0 again, and then I get, "No software update is required for your device." 5.0 is listed in DM under the application loader - it just won't LOAD!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OS to my computer. I've made sure I've removed previous versions under "Add/Remove Programs." I've tried both DM and the loader.exe file.

I didn't have any of these issues earlier when I tried to upgrade to 5.0 before the plug came out - everything ran smoothly. I've been struggling with this for over 2 hours. Please, please, PLEASE help!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #83
ChristopherJLee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

is anybody else having issues sending double text messages when creating a new sms? in the sms folder, i go to create a new sms, select a contact, press ok, nothing happens, press ok again and it lists the same recipient twice. it's very annoying and i can't figure out a way to get around that, i've tried everything i can think of. is anyone else having this problem? thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #84
Snitt

Carrier: Verizon

Does anybody know how to make the media player stop playing my videos? When I go into my Media folder, select Music, and then Shuffle Songs, it will play a video every now and then.

Other than that, everything is working rather well.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #85
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

This is an older beta. Newer beta's along with an official release have came around since this version.

Although 5.0 running on the 8330 is anything but smooth

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread