BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Snyc Blackberry Emails to outlook without BES?

Please Login to Remove!

ive got a friend who is just using a BIS server, and wants to have his blackberry sync up calendar, contacts AND Emails to his outlook whenever he plugs his blackberry into his computer. Is there any way to do this without an exchange server?

He goes to places that he doesn’t have an internet connection for his laptop and wants to be able to read excel documents etc that he gets from emails on his laptop. Is this possible?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Can't sync email, but may be able to setup BIS to send the email to the blackberry, depending on th accessabilty to the email account by BIS. The readability of the excel docs on the BB is another matter, possibly.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah we have his Email setup with BIS right now, he just wants to be able to throw all of the emails + sent items + excel documents he gets onto his Outlook 2003. umm this stinks!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

as of right now there is no way for wireless sync of PIM date without being on a company BES or a hosted one but I made another post regarding this issue. I know of some inside info that RIM is beta testing a new software version for BIS that will allow individual users to wirelessly sync all PIM data without being attached to a BES. Its coming out very soon, so be patient
Old 01-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Oh it doesnt have to be wireless.. he just wants it to sync when he plugs it into his laptop.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

ok well then you just have to install desktop manager for your blackberry. it will configure your outlook account and sync all the info between the device and the outlook information.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaci3
ok well then you just have to install desktop manager for your blackberry. it will configure your outlook account and sync all the info between the device and the outlook information.
Except DM will only sync PIM info (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes). But not email.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #8
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

it will sync the emails but you have to go into the sync options and uncheck the disable redirect messages while cradled. after you do that then everytime you sync up the bb to the dm it will sync the emails as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaci3 View Post
it will sync the emails but you have to go into the sync options and uncheck the disable redirect messages while cradled. after you do that then everytime you sync up the bb to the dm it will sync the emails as well.
Are you talking about Blackberry Redirector? Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ.com. I don't use it, and do not have this option in desktop manager. But regardless, searching the forum here, this option appears to me to refer to turning redirector off when the blackberry is connected to the computer. If you are talking about something else, will you explain in more detail?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #10
dbaci3
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Are you talking about Blackberry Redirector? Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ.com. I don't use it, and do not have this option in desktop manager. But regardless, searching the forum here, this option appears to me to refer to turning redirector off when the blackberry is connected to the computer. If you are talking about something else, will you explain in more detail?

ok why arent you using redirector? if you dont have the option to use it then when you installed DM you must have selected personal email instead of BES email support. You should reinstall DM and select the BES installation and it will install the redirector. also yes i am referring to disabling redirector when the device is connected to DM. dont disable it, so when you sync it will send all new emails as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaci3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post

ok why arent you using redirector? if you dont have the option to use it then when you installed DM you must have selected personal email instead of BES email support. You should reinstall DM and select the BES installation and it will install the redirector. also yes i am referring to disabling redirector when the device is connected to DM. dont disable it, so when you sync it will send all new emails as well.
Bingo! I am using BIS. So is the OP.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #12
alstang1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800

Ok, I did not understand what was said after the word BINGO.... but I am having this same problem. I have DM and redirector installed, and still I do not have all emails on my BB 8300 that I have on my outlook. I have 2 different accounts on my Outlook and the same 2 accounts on my BB. How can I get all email on my BB that is in my Outlook?

Thanks

Al
Old 01-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

alstang1, see http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/M..._on_BlackBerry for background info, if you haven't already.

I use the BIS to have my @tmo.blackberry.net email as well as my yahoo email and email from two personal ISP accounts delivered to my blackberry. I do not use redirector. For what it's worth, I think most recommend against redirector because it is flakey.

But regardless, the blackberry does not sync with the email client on the desktop computer, at least as far as I know, and according to everything I read here on BBF with the exception of dbaci3 above.

If you get interested in switching from redirector, see the blackberryfaq articles on BIS.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #14
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah.. its no big deal!

On a side note i hope they release a replacement for the ATT Pearl soon! Or release OS 4.3 sometime soon..
Old 01-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #15
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_crispy View Post
Yeah.. its no big deal!

On a side note i hope they release a replacement for the ATT Pearl soon! Or release OS 4.3 sometime soon..
For what it's worth, if I receive something at my @tmo.blackberry.net address that I want to keep/archive, I forward it to my ISP address.

If there were something old that I wanted on my blackberry, I would forward it. But I personally have no need to do a mass sync of old email with the blackberry. So, ditto, I don't see it as a big deal either.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wouldn't one option be to enable phone as modem so that when the OP is out of range of a standard internet connection s/he could log on and download the relevant emails to the laptop?
Closed Thread