BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
bulldog

Model: 7730
Question Sync problems with 7730

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7730 and am running Windows and Office XP. I have several PSTs on my Hard Drive, outside of the Exchange Server. If I move a mail from the Inbox to a PST it remains on the Blackberry, I think this is the same issue many others are reporting, but it doesn't seem to have been addressed yet. Is there anything that can be done?

Many thanks in advance

Andrew
Old 05-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
oedenfield

Model: 7290

From my understanding the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) checkes for items in the Deleted Items folder and if it doesn't find that the message was moved there, it will not delete it from the handheld. So moving a message to a PST folder will always leave it in the Inbox on the handheld.

I think that is how it works.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
Workingmen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

We had this problem on several BB on our BES. The difference we found was in the PST folder on the computer. When the computers were updated to Outlook 2003 from an old version of Outlook, most users simply moved the "Outlook 97 - 2002 personal folder" to the new Outlook 2003. These users ended up with the orphaned e-mails in the BB inbox if the e-mail had been moved to the PST folder on the PC. Interestingly if the e-mail was moved (and hidden as a filed message) on the BB, after reconciliation it was gone from both locations.

A few users had created a new PST folder in the "Office Outlook Personal Folder" format that is part of Outlook 2003. These users were able to move e-mail to folders on either the BB or the PC and reconcile to remoove it from the BB inbox.

To set up an "Office Outlook Personal Folder" in XP and Outlook 2003

1. Verify the current folder format - right click on the personal folder in Outlook, click properties, and click advanced. Under format it should say "Personal Folders File" for an updated folder. If it says 97 - 2002 it is an old folder format.

2. In Outlook 2003; click "file", click "Data File Management", click "Add", select "Office Outlook Personal Folder File (.pst)", give it a new name and open/create it.

3. Then you drag each of your folders from under your old Personal Folder directory to the new folder that you just created. This will change their format to the new properties. We were able to drag sub level folders together with the top level folder just under the old Personal Folder but not the whole Personal Folder as one item. This takes some time depending on the size of your personal folders.

4. After moving the filed e-mail folders, delete the old PST.

5. Reconnect the BB and reconcile to the new PST

This has corrected the issue to allow movements to a Personal folder that are made either on the BB or the PC to be reconciled. We have our BB set to hide filed messages. No more orphaned messages.

Good luck.
Closed Thread