BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
adorableone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T US
Default A pearl is a pearl is a pearl....right?

Please Login to Remove!

What would warrant exchaning a blackberry that was recently purchased? I am BB convert, and really really love my pearl. I got a lucky pearl that came with the OS misloaded, and after re-installing .73, I was still having the darn problems- internet and email icons/capabilities dissapearing. What good is a blackberry if you can't check out wikipedia and email your boyfriend an article about the penis fish? Well, that and so I can recieve important emails from my boss about LOST.

After trying out the TIM .66 OS and the Rogers .94 OS, I am not losing my internet and email, however I'm fustrated at how hindered the media and other features are just so limited. I try to open a file from my media card, and the phone freezes. I try to access a page address from the BB browser and the phone freezes. I try to change the phone profile and the the phone freezes. Even switching to a different theme is a pain and it's no easy task pulling the battery when the phone freeze because of that darn sedio case. I've tried running both OS, with out any 3rd party apps installed, and I'm still experiencing the same problems.

I really love my phone, but at this point am I just being nitpicky or is it a core issue with the phone itself? The other dayI talked the genius cingular rep, and a customer recently had her phone replaced after experiencing a myriad of similar problems. I secretly want a 8300, but it was just an ordeal to just to get my phone in the first place that I don't want to give it up XD
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

deffinetly sounds like a bad unit and if you can do a warranty replacement.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
adorableone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T US

I'm worried about getting a refurb in exchange, but I'm hopeful since other people have exchanged theirs that I won't have to battle for it...

though exchanging it for an 8300 would be sweet
Closed Thread