Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #21
rontiu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

omg...so I am reading this thread, and that's exactly what is happening now with my 8800, for whatever reason, the sync cable is not fitting into my port tighly, to establish a connection. After going through deinstall of my DM and all the other "BS", the port on my phone is not good...plus using different cable, two different computers, deinstall all my usb ports, etc.

I thought it maybe a "weak" point, but had no idea how common this apparently is. What now? My work computer doesn't have blue tooth, so I guess getting a bluetooth connector maybe doing the trick. For charging now...I am using a heavy paperweight metal thing to press the top end of the cable that plugs into my device ..so there is pressure I guess when it touches the connection inside phone.

Such a mess...in October I am entitled for a new phone upgrade at the upgrade price although I could do now, but for 250 bucks, an "older' BB..when the Bold is about to come out?

Just venting, now I am worried...what happened if the same BS happens with the newer BB model? Sounds like now the only way to get around is to buy the charger...will it fit the bold battery or am I having a accessory nightmare later on where things don't fit..
Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
wjackson81
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 235977d4
Carrier: ATT

Im having a similar problem. The strange thing is... I have two chargers and three usb cables and only have problems with one of each. However the problem is clearly on the phone side (the three that fit are more snug on the loose port on my phone).
The red line on my battery means water damage, correct?
Closed Thread