Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
PhilT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default Neverfail

Please Login to Remove!

Afternoon guys, question for you:

Is anyone actually using Neverfail? I've searched on here and lots of people are suggesting others look at it for DR situations but does anyone actually have any experience using it?

We are currently running 300+ users on BES 4.0 and are looking at DR options as part of the upgrade process. If anyone has any Neverfail experience or can recommend an alternative that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
Afternoon guys, question for you:

Is anyone actually using Neverfail? I've searched on here and lots of people are suggesting others look at it for DR situations but does anyone actually have any experience using it?

We are currently running 300+ users on BES 4.0 and are looking at DR options as part of the upgrade process. If anyone has any Neverfail experience or can recommend an alternative that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I've used it in test environments / demos and from my experiences it works as advertised. Neverfail really shouldn't be seen as a DR product, but rather HA product. As long as you have a backup of your database and mail infrastructure then you can recover without any 3rd party tools. Neverfail is good for if you need automated failover and have to minimize downtime ...
Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
tgriffin

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

My company bought for HA. It appears to work, at least when we've tested. Have not had a real failure yet (and hopefully wont) to give it a real world test. It will allow for doing maintenance with minimal down time as you maintenance the offline server then switch and do it again. We've only had it running for about 3 weeks.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

The company that I worked for a few years ago bought it and last year ended up using it when the main NOC went down due to a major power outage, IE: Direct Lighting Strike. They said they found some glitches they weren't expecting but as far as the database and BES servers, they worked just perfect. The main issues were with the citrix farm.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 04-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
Pete Hubbard

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Hello Phil,

I represent Neverfail. Our web site names customers & case studies that you can refer to:
Neverfail - Customers

Further credibility is established with RIM's recommendation of Neverfail as the only solution for High Availability (though the true definition is Continuous Availability) and our recently announced partnership with Vodafone.

Vodafone provides, installs & supports Neverfail to their entire customer base as well as use Neverfail internally. The following provides a case study detailing Vodafone IT's experiences with Neverfail:
http://extranet.neverfailgroup.com/d...27-08FINAL.pdf

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

Many thanks

Pete
Old 04-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
PhilT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Thank you all.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Phil

One of my FTSE250 customers uses it extensively in their evironment, they have around 1400 devices on domino and are very keen on neverfail. If your coming to WES'08 then no doubt you'll see their name mentioned on the neverfail stand..