BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default Emails keep erasing..memory is fine.

Please Login to Remove!

i've posted this once before, but figured I would try it here. So, either every day or every other day my emails keep disappearing off my Verizon 7130e. I have plenty of memory as I checked...my settings on my server say keep forever and on the blackberry as well. I did a wipe handheld and reinstalled operating system. I have also taken the battery out. Any other suggestions out there. It's driving me crazy!!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att & vzw

I have heard of scenarios where logs disappear with 20MB of memory left

Remember search first =>Forum Search

Get Answers From Blackberry Frequently Asked Questions
Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
AlexKidd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Check on the BIS website and make sure the checkbox that says "Synchronize deleted messages to this device." Basically, the BB will keep e-mails on your device as long as they stay in your Inbox on the server, or 1 day's time whichever is longer. After that, the BIS server removes them from your handheld. I don't like this either, I like to keep all of them for the last 30 days so I have a quick reference of previously received messages while I'm away at a client site or something like that.

I bet this is your problem. Check it and let us know if that fixes it.

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
AlexKidd

Oh poop - almost forgot to mention, this only works with IMAP/POP3 type accounts. The Exchange OWA connection type in BIS always syncs deleted items, so there may not be a way to fix it unless you can switch to IMAP/POP3 mode.

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry..how do I get to the BIS website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
Check on the BIS website and make sure the checkbox that says "Synchronize deleted messages to this device." Basically, the BB will keep e-mails on your device as long as they stay in your Inbox on the server, or 1 day's time whichever is longer. After that, the BIS server removes them from your handheld. I don't like this either, I like to keep all of them for the last 30 days so I have a quick reference of previously received messages while I'm away at a client site or something like that.

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att & vzw

Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ

Remember search first =>Forum Search

Get Answers From Blackberry Frequently Asked Questions
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

never mind..found it. It is checked off. Are you saying to uncheck it??

Quote:
Oh poop - almost forgot to mention, this only works with IMAP/POP3 type accounts. The Exchange OWA connection type in BIS always syncs deleted items, so there may not be a way to fix it unless you can switch to IMAP/POP3 mode.

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
AlexKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnptrlimo View Post
never mind..found it. It is checked off. Are you saying to uncheck it??
Yes, remove the checkmark. When checked, the BIS server will remove e-mails from your phone after they get taken off the server. Once unchecked, only the phone will delete e-mails on it's own. (Usually after they get xx days old - configured in the Messages application settings)

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow...I hope this works! Thanks so much!! Really annoying problem. I will advise what happens. Amazing...I did a search on the web...posted this in other places..and called Verizon. No one even came close to mentioning this. Ok..thanks again to all!!! I'll let you know!!

Quote:
Yes, remove the checkmark. When checked, the BIS server will remove e-mails from your phone after they get taken off the server. Once unchecked, only the phone will delete e-mails on it's own. (Usually after they get xx days old - configured in the Messages application settings)

--Kidd
Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Willerz

Model: 7130e
Carrier: US CEll
Default You might have helped me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnptrlimo View Post
Wow...I hope this works! Thanks so much!! Really annoying problem. I will advise what happens. Amazing...I did a search on the web...posted this in other places..and called Verizon. No one even came close to mentioning this. Ok..thanks again to all!!! I'll let you know!!
I have been having the same problem for the past few weeks. Aggh! And this was the first post that might have helped. Thanks so much guys.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
AlexKidd

No problem. I posted about this problem about 2 months ago when I first got my Curve because the Sync Delete option is on by default when T-Mobile sets up the BIS account. I initially thought it was an Exchange problem, but learned that it was just how I was accessing via OWA rather than IMAP mode and discovered the checkbox on IMAP settings screen all on my own. Look through my previous posts and you should see where I mentioned the fix before.

Someone should add this to the FAQ.

--Kidd
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
jhnptrlimo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow...I still can't believe that this couldn't be answered when I posted this about a month ago. Seems like such an easy answer. Anyway...all looks
fine. Thanks so much again for the replies and the solution!!!

Quote:
No problem. I posted about this problem about 2 months ago when I first got my Curve because the Sync Delete option is on by default when T-Mobile sets up the BIS account. I initially thought it was an Exchange problem, but learned that it was just how I was accessing via OWA rather than IMAP mode and discovered the checkbox on IMAP settings screen all on my own. Look through my previous posts and you should see where I mentioned the fix before.

Someone should add this to the FAQ.

--Kidd
Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
eyecon82
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:

--Kidd

I just had the same issue..my emails are disappearing for no reason...even day old ones...just has happened once so far, but my memory is fine
Quote:

--Kidd
ok, but i want my emails to delete off handheld when deleted off server.....i woke up today and most of my emails are missing...has never done this before...any other solutions?

Thanks!
Closed Thread