Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
rasmith3530
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: Ask
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Mail Sync Curve Through BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB Curve 8330m through US Cellular, running through BIS.

My email is an AT&T/SBC mail account, hosted by Yahoo, that I generally access using their web interface. It looks exactly like a Yahoo mail account via the web with the exception of the AT&T headers.

My previous phone was an HTC PPC6800 running a modified ROM to give me WinMo 6.1.

When I receive new email messages, after reading them, I have the option of either deleting them on the phone or deleting them on both the phone and the server. If I choose the latter, they usually disappear, but not always. That is one issue.

More importantly, if I'm at my computer and delete email messages, with my old phone, they would be deleted on it the next time I sync'd my mail on the phone. This does not seem to be the case on the BB. It is really a pain to go through my mail on the PC and then have to manually delete maybe 50 or more messages on the phone. Is there a setting that I can change that will see deleted/moved messages and remove them from the phone's message list?

Also, with Windows 6.1, I gained the ability to see folders that I had created in my webmail, and I could move messages from my Inbox into those folders from my phone. I seem to have lost that capability with the Curve.

I've always heard that BlackBerry had the most advanced email applications of any smartphone, so I am hoping that there are workarounds/settings for these. I can't believe that the boys from Redmond have gotten over on RIM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Email doesn't sync with BIS.

Folders on your email client aren't supported on BIS.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Yahoo should provide some reconciliation (not the same as sync), IIRC. Reconciliation isn't instant though. When you say that if you choose to delete on both the phone and the server and they don't always disappear from the account how long are you typically waiting to see the change in your account via the PC?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
rasmith3530
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: Ask
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Yahoo should provide some reconciliation (not the same as sync), IIRC. Reconciliation isn't instant though. When you say that if you choose to delete on both the phone and the server and they don't always disappear from the account how long are you typically waiting to see the change in your account via the PC?
These are two separate issues of course.

I have never seen message disappear from my phone that I deleted off the server through the AT&T/Yahoo web interface, so it appears that ther is no reconcilliation there. With my Windows Mobile phone, I could delete a message via my PC, go to my phone, do a manual sync, and the message would be gone. With my Curve, if I delete a message via my PC, it will still be on my phone two days later. I never let it sit longer than that, but would think that if something were going to happen, it should by then.

On the other side, if I highlight a message on the phone, hit my Menu key, scroll down and select Delete, I get a box titled "Delete message?" with options, "On Mailbox & Hand...," "On Handheld," and "Cancel." After five minutes, if I check my email from my PC, the message is usually gone (over 95% of time), but not always. This may simply be an issue of network traffic and latency. I can accept that.

It is the first item that bugs me more, as I get well over 100 emails per day, and having to manually delete each of these from the phone is a pain in the tail! I would think that there'd be something I could do from the phone. If I have a message selected in my email account and click the Menu key, one of the items listed is "Reconcile Now," but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
drizzt09
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Canada

setup your yahoo to use imap, setup your outlook to use imap and all your worries should be resolved
Closed Thread