BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #441
Aikidoka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, it's up and shows 1X, I'm in downtown Baltimore and should be able to get EVDO no problem. I might still call customer service and see what they say when I ask for that feature to be added.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #442
Aikidoka

Carrier: VZW

Ok, my rep is officially worthless. Tech support got Broadband Access added to my number which made it work after the *22899. Yaa for Dante at VZW smart phone tech support!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #443
owblue

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

I'm hoping you all can help me out. I called Verizon multiple times to have this added to my business account BB 7250. Everytime I call, the rep keeps telling me that the Broadband Access feature is only for tethering and will cost an additional 15.00 a month. Is this true?? I don't want to tether, I just want the faster web access on the BB itself. I currently pay 40.00 for the unlimited plan. Are their any extra charges for EVDO? Also, I live in S. Florida, which feature code should I be asking for since the reps have no clue as to which code I'm talking about.

thanks.....
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #444
kpoland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by owblue
I'm hoping you all can help me out. I called Verizon multiple times to have this added to my business account BB 7250. Everytime I call, the rep keeps telling me that the Broadband Access feature is only for tethering and will cost an additional 15.00 a month. Is this true?? I don't want to tether, I just want the faster web access on the BB itself. I currently pay 40.00 for the unlimited plan. Are their any extra charges for EVDO? Also, I live in S. Florida, which feature code should I be asking for since the reps have no clue as to which code I'm talking about.

thanks.....
I just updated mine 5 minutes ago. I had the 5MB plan for about 35 bucks. They told me I needed the Unlimited plan for them to add Broadband (for 5 dollars more a month). That was just about it.

Oh, as a side note, I am not using the 4.0.2 VZW software. I'm using the 4.1 from Telstra (deleted the Vendor.xml and it loaded perfectly). And now I have THEMES!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #445
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by owblue

thanks.....
Try this:

Tell them you want to add BroadbandAccess Connect. The feature code is 71764 no additional charge.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #446
owblue

Model: 8703e

Thanks for the assistance, but I figured out the problem. My BB had 4.0.0.2 installed and not 4.0.2. Once I completed this upgrade, I didn't even have to call customer care. Since I am a Business Customer, it was already active on my account. It works like a charm. I had one issue yesterday, where the BB said that the connection was refused....so I turned the radio off and back on and it seems to be fine.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #447
bremere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8230
PIN: ky and the Brain
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have seen several links posted within the forum to update my 7250 to V 4.X for VerizonWireless, however the link is down, does someone have a copy of the exe that they can email me??? Much thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 AM   #448
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

I have the solution. After waiting months for an official EvDo upgrade from Verizon, I successfully performed the "non-official" upgrade on my device. The improvement was minimal at best. At first it seemed great but as time went on I noticed many more things not working as well as did when I orignally had it. Sure the new calculator is cool, I like seeing the EvDo icon and knowing I proved the cust service tech wrong was awesome but I feel overall the stability of the device was greatly compromised. It was also very frustrating to me that Verizon seemed to be so far behind on the adaptation of the 8700 series. I mean by the time we get phones on Verizon Cingular or someone else already has the next model, its lame. Don't get me wrong, I've been a HUGE supporter of Verizon for years now, I think they have the best service hands down but their lack of staying up to date in phones and technology lead me to make a big decision last week. My 7250 had stopped working, who knows what it was, the battery etc handn't been great since the upgrade and little things would go wrong every now and then, customer service mailed me out a new one but before I activated it I said "fk it" and drove over to cingular and 15 minutes later walked out with a brand new 8700c and my same cell phone number. Also, it only cost me 150 for everything. (I brought in the amazon price and they honored it, make sure you print it out). Anyway, let me just tell you, this device is so far superior to the 7250. The screen is amazing, the operation much much faster and smoother. Its a super sturdy and sllid machine. I love the cingular OS 4.1 Speaker phone is rocking, sounds great, the phone keys are a HUGE improvement and the convenience keys are superb. Its smaller, lighter, thinner, cooler, more phone ish, and it even fully syncs via bluetooth with my car(address book and all). Also EDGE is fast, I know some people say its slower than EvDo, and it may be, BUT all i know is my internet is flying, it's actually easy browsing now. Even with the 7250 upgrade the internet still felt like "mobil" internet, but on the 8700 its like a small PC. I bought a bunch of stuff off amazon today and it only took a few minutes. Their service has also been a huge suprise for me, I have noticed no difference from verizon in terms of quality, its all good. I even like how you don't have to type in your password when checking voicemails(really cool feature). Anyway, all I can say is that this change has made a HUGE HUGE improvement in my business world and personal world. It's so nice to have a super reliable, sturdy, and up to date device that operates as fast and as well as this one does. I tried to calibrate the battery over the last THREE days but it wouldn't die. It took two and a half days of regular usage before the radio even turned off. I can't say a single bad thing, switch now! Don't be stubborn, the 175 termination fee is less than you'd pay for the 8700 by the time it hits verizon next year(assumming they ever get the thing). And the time, ease, and support it provides are a easily justified expense for you or your business. Go now, buy it, enjoy, it. You will thank me in the morning.

p.s if you're scared you'd be making a huge mistake you'll regret, goto cingular, buy the thing and sign up for a new number, if you hate it, return it(you'll be completely refunded, and won't pay an account termination as long as its in 30 days) and if you love it then port your number over and cancel verizon. I have no doubts that within 5 days you'll already have completely changed over.

p.s.s
yes I know my spelling sucks, my grammar sucks, but I'd rather spend that time sharing useful information with you guys than double checking my post.

p.s.s.s - if you do go through with it, and you port, and your 7250 is old and can't be re sold, just think of how much fun it is going to be smashing the non EVDO, outdated, useless piece of junk!

Last edited by evandt; 03-20-2006 at 01:52 AM..
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #449
BA - Blackberry Atlanta

Carrier: verizon
Default Interim Firmware

Has anyone heard when the new firmware (v4.1) will be released for the Verizon 7250? Sprint released theirs in February. Just wondering if the Sprint v4.1 firmware version will work on the Verizon BB.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #450
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Sprint will work on the Verizon I am currently using, however, you will loose your ability to tether.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #451
brunson

Model: 7250

I did the upgrade thanks to this howto yesterday. The new bandwidth is awesome, but I've got seriously annoying glitch.

After the upgrade it worked for about 3 or 4 hours, then I got a notice "Data Connection Refused". Reset; re *228 option 1 and 2; *22899... no dice. Called Verizon, Teir 1 had me redo all those steps, got bumped to Teir 2, he had me try reregistering then had to leave for 5 minutes to ask a higher up. When he came back he had me do a manual programming in the CDMA service profile screen (##000000). The only thing I did there was re-enter my SIP password ('vzw') and the device reset and I was back on EV-DO. Since then I've had that message 5 more times (six times, since I just did it again) 5 times I simply re-entered the SIP password and it worked.

As I was typing this I did the re-SIP password and reset and I got "Data Connection Refused" . My co-worker pointed out there is also an EVDO password, which I just reset to "vzw" and got "Data Conn Refused" once , but a second time seemed to take.

Anyone else seeing problems like this? Hopefully it may help someone that has similar issues, but the repeated resets are a bore. I'll probably call Verizon if it happens again.

FWIW, I'm on 4.0.2.41 firmware.

Last edited by brunson; 04-06-2006 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #452
brunson

evant,

since we're discussing your grammar (or lack thereof), it's p.s, p.p.s. and p.p.p.s.

p.s.
p.s. means "post script", or "after the script", so "post post script" would be "after the p.s.", etc.

p.p.s.
Totally making fun, don't take it seriously, please continue to post useful information regardless of speling; punctuatoin, or grammer.

p.p.p.s.
Though it is true
Old 04-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #453
Ninjatek

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Tmobile

FYI, there is NO free Broadband Access Connect. Period.

BBA Connect is $15 and you have to have it for tethering.

Trust me on this one.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #454
brunson

Ninjatek
I apologise for coming in late and not getting all the marketing jargon, but what exactly is "Broadband Access Connect?" I upgraded my service yesterday. I was on an unlimited data plan for blackberry and I was told upgrading to EV-DO access would not be an additional charge. At the same time I added tethering, which was an additional $15/mo charge, like you say. Tethering == BBA Connect?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #455
Ninjatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson
Ninjatek
I apologise for coming in late and not getting all the marketing jargon, but what exactly is "Broadband Access Connect?" I upgraded my service yesterday. I was on an unlimited data plan for blackberry and I was told upgrading to EV-DO access would not be an additional charge. At the same time I added tethering, which was an additional $15/mo charge, like you say. Tethering == BBA Connect?

Thanks
Yes, that is correct.

The EVDO Upgrade to the device all that needs to be added is the ability to Access the EVDO Network and of course the handheld upgrade, to Tether it requires the $15 mo charge and is the BBA Connect Feature (Aka, BroadBand Access Connect)

There is an intended release of 4.1 (Consumer and B2B) for the 7250, however the ETA was first quarter of 2k6 and it has yet to be seen, which is rather frustrating
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #456
brunson

Thanks for the clarification.

I hope the 4.1 release will address the DCR problem. Both my co-worker and I have had to re-enter our EVDO password in the config screen a dozen times in the past 48 hours. I'm going to call Verizon and see what they have to say about it.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #457
Ninjatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson
Thanks for the clarification.

I hope the 4.1 release will address the DCR problem. Both my co-worker and I have had to re-enter our EVDO password in the config screen a dozen times in the past 48 hours. I'm going to call Verizon and see what they have to say about it.
When is the last time you updated your roaming list? Because roming can cause DCR and then when you renter the sip password (Essentially softresetting your phone which is probably the actualy fix) it is reconnecting with the proper towers and works.

Try dialing *22899 and go throught the programming, if that doesn't resolve it, call Verizons Wireless Data tech support, cause they have a few tools that consumers don't have access to for providing some better connection to the network.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #458
brunson

I did the *22899 during the initial conversion and then again yesterday. I just did it again, then immediately re-entered my SIP and EVDO passwords, then reset. Doing *22899 from different locations in the same metropolitan area wouldn't have different roaming lists, would they? If it happens again, I may also try re-registering with the network (Options->Host Routing->Register Now) just to see if that helps before I re-enter passwords again. I'm just trying to gather as much diagnosis as I can before calling them back.

The smarter I sound, the faster I'll get ahold of someone that knows something other than the script on the computer in front of them. That's the theory, anyway.

P.S. Thanks for the help
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #459
rootdr

Brunson I'm rooting for you!!! I did the install yesterday and have completely lost connectivity to my BES email and all data - "Data Connection Refused." I was on the phone with a tier 2 tech support guy and we did all the standard *2289 business, and ##000000 and entered vzw in the password fields for EVDO and the other one and still NO connection. I am lost without my email and calendar syncing. Hope you find out how to connect - although I am intrigued about the newer Cingular 8700. If only termination fees were banned!
Good luck
Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #460
Ninjatek

For Both Brunson and Rootdr

Call up the VZW techs, and make sure that you have the EVDO provisoning and that it is showing up as a EVDO profile on the network.

Also on the *22899, new Preferred Roaming Lists (PRL's) come out about every month or so, so it is a good idea to that once a month, (Most people I talk with setup an appointment to do it at the first of the month in their Calender ;) )

It's possible the DCR is being cause because it is having problems as being seen as an EVDO device. (This goes especially for rootdr, as it sounds for sure like you don't have the provisoning on the account)
Closed Thread