Old 12-31-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
semmel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can't send emails or receive attachments anymore

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I got the 7250 a few days ago, and until yesterday it worked great.
Today it won't send emails (Message Status: Transaction error - unknown service), and when I open attachments of emails I received I get the error "More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found."

I found info online and followed it:
I tried deleting a specific service book (can't remember which one) and resent it from the webportal, and I did that multiple times without success. I received the confirmation email, but other than that no change.
I tried a soft reset.
I tried using the Desktop Manager to create a new security key.

The BB is brand-new, half a week old, and the only software changes I made was to add "411 Search" and a Bluetooth headset (which I will return soon - it picks up way too much background noise).
Webbrowser works.

No idea what else it could be.

I downloaded the newest software for it from Verizon, and I'll try that later. It might be the same version I already have (from CD).

BTW: The Desktop Manager's Application part says it can't find "system software". Am I missing something? I installed from CD and let everything do what it does...

I hope someone can help here.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

You need to have the handheld software installed on the computer also and the USB has to be connected directly to the computer not via a HUB.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 01-01-2006 at 03:47 AM..
Old 12-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
semmel

The software is installed, the BB is connected directly via USB. I am wireless connected to a MS Exchange Server, so I shouldn't need to be connected to usb.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Are you on BES?

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
semmel

I think so. What does BES mean?
It worked fine for a few days. Again, we are connected to the company's Exchange Server with email, contacts, calendar...
Old 01-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Berry One

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

You will have to talk to tech support of your company. The number of steps you took could in some cases fix the situation but in some cases could only make matters worse.

You can't get help from here if steps you've taken are 'I tried deleting a specific service book (can't remember which one).'

Finally, do not delete service books just because. This Web site, as good as it is, full with advises to delete service books for no reason.

Service book is for your blackberry to know what it is supposed to do. There are very limited cases when deleting service books will help, and with latest software these cases are even more limited- because if service book becomes 'bad' it can be overwritten by new one sent wirelessly. No need to delete it on blackberry.

By deleting service books manually you destroy service your blackberry provides to you. That is quite opposite to what you are trying to achieve: restore blackberry functionality.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
semmel

OK, customer service was not too helpful.
Basically reset and wiped my BB, but Activation still didn't work.

My boss was the one who told me what was wrong.

I had not installed and configured Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I had no clue that the desktop software connects to Outlook and the Exchange Server to configure itself - the Blackberry used to work all by itself without Outlook...

Anyway, I uninstalled the desktop software, installed and configured Outlook and set it up for the Exchange Server. THEN I reinstalled the desktop software, and I had to set the right Outlook profile.

Then the BB automatically activated itself as soon as I connected it - and now it all works.

So basically, if you don't have your Exchange Server setup in Outlook on the same computer that you use to connect to your BlackBerry, then it won't work.

I hope that this information will be useful to someone. If anyone needs more info, feel free to PM me - I hope that the instant email notification works.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One
Finally, do not delete service books just because. This Web site, as good as it is, full with advises to delete service books for no reason.

Service book is for your blackberry to know what it is supposed to do. .
Why not, they will just be sent again by the network when requested. Do you have a reason for saying this?

@semmel, this means you were trying to send via your BES account while it was not provisioned/activated. If this happens again, go to the very top of the message you are trying to send and change the account you are sending through. This will also work when figuring out if one or the account account is having trouble. In your case, you should have been able to send and receive via BIS but not BES.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
semmel

Well, my problem just was that I had never properly activated the BB in the first place, and messing around with the settings just killed it...

But now it's all happy, and I just installed the new software version on it for EVDO, and it's niccccce

(only for corporate customers so far - see thread http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19599).
Closed Thread