Muad'Dib
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galante2123 View Post
I have been reading through all the responses and thank you all for the suggestions but I have tried all these suggestion. This is the process I have used; tell me where it looks like I have gone off cue:

1) Uninstalled all Blackberry Software then restarted the computer
2) Downloaded the Desktop manager 4.6 and 4.5.0.101 Software
3) Installed the Desktop Manager and rebooted
4) Installed the 4.5.0.101 Software then Rebooted
5) Deleted Vendor.xml file
6) Plugged in the 8330
7) Started the Desktop manager
8) Desktop Manager recognizes the 8330 then starts the sync
9) Then NOTHING
10) Tried to check for updates manually and it shows as "No Updates available"

I have also tired to install the Software 1st and then the Desktop Manager and also tried using the 4.5 Desktop Manager. I do not know what to do, I have never had this much trouble.
You profile says you have a 8130 .. that could be why its not working.

If you are trying this with a 8330, then even though it doesnt automatically recognize the upgrade, choose "next" from the app loader screen and then "advanced" and the OS Upgrade may be listed there.

Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-09-2008 at 05:21 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #142
Frisco
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
LOL .. (sorry) ..
Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #143
bulla16

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hate to sound dumb, but I cannot for the life of me get this to install. Have Desktop Manager 4.6, V4.3something on phone, have followed the instructions, and several variations of them from the first page... On Verizon - I'm sruggling here. It just says my phone is currently running the latest version and allows me to put my email address in if i want to know when a newer version is available.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #144
galante2123

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post

If you are trying this with a 8330, then even though it doesnt automatically recognize the upgrade, choose "next" from the app loader screen and then "advanced" and the OS Upgrade may be listed there.
(Well I have changed the profile for you nit pickers out there, I have an 8330, and I have tried the "advanced" section in the app loader and it is not showing the new software.

Any other ideas?)

Well after 17 tries it finally worked, now lets hope there are no issues lol

Last edited by galante2123; 10-10-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: Finally Git it to Work
Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #145
usblues1965
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 30282BE0
Carrier: verizon

well I finally got os 4.5.0.77 installed on my 8330 this week. Tho I first managed to d/l the exact same os and install that first!! LOL!! I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing the new features till I went into the about section.. So I got the right one installed it. I love it! Esp the HTML E-mail feature! I have not had any issues with sms, mms or pushed content as of yet. Great find guys, and the instruction for doing the flash were spot on, it ran without a hitch!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #146
site.solutions
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by site.solutions View Post
I have gone five days without an auto-disable, since I turned that obnoxious blue LED back on.

I am about to upgrade this OS to see if that will fix the bug and let me turn it back off without losing bluetooth...

I will let y'all know something in a week or so.
10 days and no unexpected bluetooth problems.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #147
marlon3

Model: STORM
PIN: PM ME
Carrier: Verizon

issues so far running this upgrade on Verizon 8330:

-when put my phone in standby mode via mute button. i can still hit any on the qwerty keys and screen turns on. Dind't turn on unless you hit mute button in previous OS.
-every now and then when playing brickbreaker, it just locks up and only to fix is to pull battery.

any thoughts?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #148
Magnumjrt

Carrier: Sprint

Any suggestions on upgrading on a Mac? I do not have the Options >> Advanced Options >> Wireless Upgrade on my phone. Thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #149
ctmed5408

Model: 9530
PIN: 3091CC64
Default RE: What else can I do.....

I have followed the directions @ the beginning of this thread. I have tried this multiple times but when I get to the point of hooking up my Blackberry, I get no prompt to update. I have tried everything in this thread that people have suggested and I can't get it to prompt me to update. I am hoping that someone can give me any additional suggestions or advise. Thanks in advance.
Pin# 3091CC64
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #150
Pesti13nce

Carrier: VZW

It took more time to Download the Update off the website than it did to physically update the phone.. Took 20 mins.. granted i didn't have a lot of programs on the phone since i just got it yesterday but ya.. 4.3-4.5 took 20mins for me did while i took a shower i'm very very happy.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #151
Cammer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
Doesn't work for Alltel yet.
This upgrade has worked for Alltel since it first came out.

The 4.5.0.77 that is currently released is the same 4.5.0.77 that was first released several weeks ago. If it was not the same then it would have a different version number.

I have been using it very successfully, no problems whatsoever, for over a month now. I have an Alltel 8330.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 AM   #152
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360

I have .77 installed on my Sprint 8330 and I experience a lag of about 1-2 seconds when answering calls. Anyone experience this??

Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #153
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
I have .77 installed on my Sprint 8330 and I experience a lag of about 1-2 seconds when answering calls. Anyone experience this??
Yup. I have the same problem (and saw it in last OS, as well)
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #154
jessep28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumjrt View Post
Any suggestions on upgrading on a Mac? I do not have the Options >> Advanced Options >> Wireless Upgrade on my phone. Thanks
If you have an Intel Mac, you can install Bootcamp which will allow you to partition your drive and put Windows on your machine. In addition, you can use programs like Parallels if you want to run both OSX and Windows simultaneously.

Another option would be to either borrow someone's PC or find a used laptop and just use that for your Blackberry maintenance.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #155
corybarwick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR View Post
Yup. I have the same problem (and saw it in last OS, as well)
I have that problem too. It is somewhat annoying. Anyone out there know if there is a fix for this? Probably not but it never hurts to ask.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #156
tel-x.com
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
PIN: 4.5 pfft 4.9 *****ez
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by galante2123 View Post
I have been reading through all the responses and thank you all for the suggestions but I have tried all these suggestion. This is the process I have used; tell me where it looks like I have gone off cue:

1) Uninstalled all Blackberry Software then restarted the computer
2) Downloaded the Desktop manager 4.6 and 4.5.0.101 Software
3) Installed the Desktop Manager and rebooted
4) Installed the 4.5.0.101 Software then Rebooted
5) Deleted Vendor.xml file
6) Plugged in the 8330
7) Started the Desktop manager
8) Desktop Manager recognizes the 8330 then starts the sync
9) Then NOTHING
10) Tried to check for updates manually and it shows as "No Updates available"

I have also tired to install the Software 1st and then the Desktop Manager and also tried using the 4.5 Desktop Manager. I do not know what to do, I have never had this much trouble.
Download your original software mine was 4.3.0.127 (sprint branded)
Open 4.5.0.77 loader files, copy to 4.3.0.127 original branded loader files, paste and overwrite.
Open Desktop Manager and do your upgrade.

This is a good loophole for all of you unable to upgrade
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #157
yz400f

Carrier: verizon

Hello all! This is my very first post. I am a little
Nervous about the upgrade. Can someone give me some tips
About how to make the process a little less painfull. Like should I write the instuctions down before I start or ... I have only had my BB for a week, and I love it!!! I really want the HTML e-mails. Thanks in advance for any advice you guru's can give me.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #158
corybarwick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz400f View Post
Hello all! This is my very first post. I am a little
Nervous about the upgrade. Can someone give me some tips
About how to make the process a little less painfull. Like should I write the instuctions down before I start or ... I have only had my BB for a week, and I love it!!! I really want the HTML e-mails. Thanks in advance for any advice you guru's can give me.
It's pretty straight forward and you shouldn't really have any problems with it. I did write down the instructions to do this the first time that I upgraded and that helped but the actual upgrade doesn't take over your screen or anything so you can always just come back here and look at the instructions as you are going through the process. The only piece of advice that I would have for sure would be to make sure that you when prompted as part of the upgrade process, let the software backup and restore your device memory. This way you don't lose any of the messages that you might have on your BB already. If you don't allow this, you will basically be starting from scratch with your device.

Good luck!!

Last edited by corybarwick; 10-14-2008 at 07:53 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #159
MICP1480
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Default Verizon / BB8330 / Data Support

I just spent 30 minutes with data support in regards to this question, " Why Doesn't Verizon Support The upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5? If you go to their upgrade site, there is no mention of an upgrade. As the technician explains to me, Verizon likes to review all the bugs before they hastily jump into the pool without water. Next, wether I believe this or not, I have been told that an upgrade is easy and a downgrade is impossible, even with the battery pulled for more than 30 seconds. So, being told this, if there were any bugs and your phone starts to act up, she was saying that there is no cure, but to get an another phone, because you wouldn't be able to roll back to the previous version. I thought all phones had a factory re-set? So, the bottom line is, Verizon is not close to offering a system upgrade right now. So, I would like to add my two cents to all this if I may.

1) It seems some upgrade because they want to enjoy reading their non
Hieroglyphics email that comes as a default with the 4.3 OS, for the free
HTML viewer given in the 4.5 OS.

2) The next reason, and I believe it's the major reason why people are
choosing to upgrade, is for a free version of Documents To Go,
which enables you to view word documents.

Other than what I stated above, I have not read about any other added advantage, and reading as much as I can, I read nothing but devices freezing up, pictures looking horrible, the constant need to pull the battery out etc......My school of thought on this is to stay with the stable 4.3 OS, and to purchase programs such as Empower, which reads my email and downloads my attachments as if I were on my computer. For word documents, there are Beamberry, RepliGo, and eWord these are just a few more programs that can be purchased. In conclusion, spending a few extra dollars and having everything working as it should, will keep me from having a coronary. Thank you.

MICP1480

Last edited by MICP1480; 10-14-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #160
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICP1480 View Post
Next, wether I believe this or not, I have been told that an upgrade is easy and a downgrade is impossible, even with the battery pulled for more than 30 seconds. I thought all phones have a factory re-set?
Wrong. Downgrades are simple. So you can pretty much discount most all else your VZW tech said, or at least question whether not anything else is factual.
How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

You can do a factory reset now with JL_cmder:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICP1480 View Post
reading as much as I can, I read nothing but devices freezing up, pictures looking horrible, the constant need to pull the battery out etc......
Then, you haven't done a great deal of reading in any of the OS4.5 upgrade threads (and there are thousands of posts--so I don't blame you) but many many more users indicate they have had good success... and always remember, on forums such as this, you will usually encounter those who are having issues. That is the nature of these forums. Those who are hunky dory happy have less reason to come and post.

Good luck.
Closed Thread