keyvane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecharo View Post
Sunder, give .247 another shot. I too had the same issues with .247 at first. I upgraded and I couldn't go more than 8 hours without needing a charge. Then....somehow...I bricked the phone. Very weird, I did an upgrade to quick launch and got an app error 200. Worse than the blue screen of death on a PC. I finally (thanks to BBF) got the phone back to where I could reinstall the OS. On a fluke, I decided to go to .247. instead of doing .221. Once I was done it was like getting it out of the box. I manually installed a lot of the apps and only loaded via DM the apps that were "tried and true". I went this route because I recall someone saying very early in this thread that he rarely has problems with upgrades because he doesn't restore, he reinstalls everything.

I did and ... It's working great!!! Battery life is much better, no heating, pretty much everything that shootzbootz summarized.

P.S. - I got the quick launch upgrade working fine too. Must have been a fluke..a really painful one, but a fluke nonetheless.
I need help... I want to do a fresh OS install (wipe everthing and start fresh)
can someone please write a step-by-step instruction on how to do this.-thanks-.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #162
AJCURVE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: *****
Carrier: Tmobile

Try this link, I have not tried doing the reinstall yet. After going through it, your phone will be the same as the day you got it out of the box.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #163
keyvane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCURVE View Post
Try this link, I have not tried doing the reinstall yet. After going through it, your phone will be the same as the day you got it out of the box.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Thank you very much AJCURVE, I will try it.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #164
cavy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

The only things i have really noticed is that battery life doesn't seem to be as good and my voicemail icon won't go away or alert me when i have new voicemails. Is there a fix for it??
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #165
AJCURVE
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: *****
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavy View Post
The only things i have really noticed is that battery life doesn't seem to be as good and my voicemail icon won't go away or alert me when i have new voicemails. Is there a fix for it??
check your PM. I am assuming you have BOLD
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #166
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

I have been on .244 for over a month with no real issues. However given that betas of OS 5 are out, I wonder if .247 may be the last official 4.6 OS for the Bold. Also had issue with reading recent microsd images on my computer which is not a real problem for me.
I downloaded from the RIM site and specified Bharti Mobile as carrier in accordance with a previous post as a recent adoptor of .247. I was originally hesitent in using .247 which was adopted by Slovenia mobile only days after the beta .247 was released. However .247 has been official for over a month without major issues. It also gave me some comfort that Bharti Mobile's previous OS for Bold was .162, same as my carrier, Rogers.
Initiallization on BES was OK, although seemed to take forever. It got hung up on permissions which took over half an hour.
Initial impression with .247 is that it seems to behave similarly to .244.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #167
lyon_911

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

i have a quick question... if u install the new OS willl it delete everything u had on ur BB before u installed it???
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #168
impegio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: WIND IT

yes, but it does backup before the installation. to be sure, do a backup from DM manualy
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #169
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Default Do you need the desktop manager software to download update?

do I need to to install the desktop manager software to download update and can I do this with at&t without making my warranty void or anything. Also, any problems if I download this update with at&t? Also, I see that visual voice mail doesnt work with at&t and because of that no voice mail notification. how do i fix this problem. thanks in advance.

Last edited by miamirulz29; 04-23-2009 at 12:41 AM..
Old 04-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #170
jweinraub
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy92 View Post
Rolling back to 244.
With 247 I am experiencing data connection losses/lags and 3G instability

Seems 244 has the same 3G issues as 247.

Might revert to 221 on monday if this is confirmed. (in 2G, Edge mode only, no problems at all)
I'm still using 221. Though I still have memory issues, where the hour glass spins around forever at times causing me to reboot. And if its the OS or a programmed installed, but there is a memory leak where my app memory goes down to almost zero! I don't have much installed, and i Have a 1 gb media card. why cant it share?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #171
jweinraub
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyon_911 View Post
i have a quick question... if u install the new OS willl it delete everything u had on ur BB before u installed it???
yes, it will erase everything prior to installing it. it should ask you to make a backup first, i think it does it for you on your behalf so after its done and reboots, it will restore your data. but you should get in the habit of backing up your device regardless.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #172
J

Model: 9700

Does anyone else have the memory cleaner icon MISSING in their application folder, since upgrading? Thanks all.....

Was an overall seamless update, too soon to see if anything seems buggy on my bold.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #173
J

Model: 9700

SCRATCH that....battery pull this morning seemed to have fixed it.

Lots of new icons, just MORE stuff to make invisible! lol Seems cool though.