Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #81
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrzejewski View Post
I've got to be honest... $399 is just a bit much to justify for me. Even though it's $299 after a mail-in rebate, it still made me turn my head when I saw that pricing. Plus, I'd have to pay the $75 early upgrade fee.

Here's the thing.... I've really been wanting to have a device with 3G and Wi-Fi for quite a long time now, and I've been sticking it out for the Bold. Normally, I won't have a problem waiting for a phone to come down in price, but these are two features that I'm really salivating over. This may be hubris in this forum... but I'm starting to think about an iPhone.

The way I see it, I've got 3 options: Take the plunge, spend more than $400 and wait for a rebate... wait until the Bold comes down in price (who knows how long that might be), or get another device. And I would never get Palm or Windows Mobile... so that pretty much leaves me with one other option ;)

Now, I guess I should really consider myself lucky that this is the biggest decision in my life right now

But anyway, I'm looking for some advice here. I really don't want to pay this much money for a device, I don't want to wait (potentially) months and months for a price drop (I'm almost salivating over 3G and Wi-Fi), and I really don't think I want to drink the Apple kool-aid. Although the browser on the iPhone is damn impressive.

So... two questions: Is anyone else here having this same dillemma? And does anyone here have an iPhone (this would be in addition to their BlackBerry, of course)? I've played with other peoples' iPhones quite a bit, but you all know as well as I that you can never really get to know a device unless you own it and spend hours playing with it. What kinds of things would I miss from the Berry? I'm sure the push email and PIN messaging will be at the top of that list.

Don't take this to mean that I've made my decision yet... but like I said, I'm really interested in the 3G and WiFi, but I don't think I'm $375 interested in it ;)
Yesterday i went bestbuy saw it for 299 and said aww ill wait so i couldnt wait so today i went in and saw it for 199, i thought ohh if i use my $55 rewards from best buy, i ended up paying only $144+tax awsome!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #82
Solarplexxus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
...get it with a company discount...
I tried getting it with my corporate discount and was told that the 50% off was off the base price of $549. Their sales and marketing tactics are deplorable.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #83
super_ben

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

i bot my bold from bestbuy for 139. i am their silver member.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #84
scuzzilla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange France

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKiwi View Post
(or actual physical buttons for that matter - try bouncing about in the Paris metro and tyiping on an iPhone at the same time, and you'll see what I mean).
Tried it on my iPod touch once...and never again. ;)
Closed Thread