Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #62
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
blah blah blah Verizon hasnt screwed anyone over. If the customer does their research prior to buying, they wouldnt get "screwed: over. I knew in advance the the pearl didnt have GPS and it hasnt bothered me one bit. Its up to the consumor to find out what a carrier does or doesnt do.

I noticed you arent raising hell about sprint not having MMS on their BBs come on now thats being screwed over.
Blah,blah,blah back. Verizon HAS screwed customers over and their first Motorola Bluetooth phone was a primary case. Verizon lost the lawsuit and had to pay out and the plaintiffs had their choice of 3 payouts. I personally opted for the repayment of the ETF money. So yes they did and yes they have. Verizon advertised that phone as having FULL BT functionality in their advertising. It in fact did not have OBEX which users like me did need.

As for sprint I could careless about Sprint I was a prisoner of theirs for 3 days and got my money back. So I have primarily used Verizon, or AT&T/Cingular.

Last edited by PPCMD; 05-23-2008 at 03:52 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #63
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I stand by my statement if the customer does their own research they would know. Do you think Ford is gonna warranty you dropping something from a helicopter into the bed of their trucks? You see it on the commercial doesn't mean its right.

Last edited by Dawg; 05-23-2008 at 05:17 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #64
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Verizon Wireless Settles Motorola V710 Bluetooth Lawsuit - Mobiledia

"On September 2, 2005"....

I would like to think that Verizon has learned how to improve their advertising/explanation of their products since nearly three years ago. I'm not trying to deny that Verizon has done something to their customers in the past, but really. Bygones should be bygones and let's start giving them the benefit of the doubt that they aren't complete moneymongerers. Yes, certain features aren't there that are on GSM versions of some phones. Yes, you may have to pay for them. While a customer may not like it, that's the price they have to pay for being with that service provider. By now there's enough out there on the internet via Google that one can find these things and the ETF is there for a reason.

But I would be down for dropping a really huge boulder on a truck from a helicopter.

Last edited by rachamphetamine; 05-24-2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #65
PPCMD

Model: 8820

Its pretty clear to me Dawg that when faced with facts you don't agree with you will just ignore them. It was stated, in print and in person that the phone offered all BT features period. This was their first BT phone and when you are provided information on the web that states that and no one else stated it didn't and Verizon LIED to customers hence the settlement, they LIED to customers. Then they screwed customers over.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #66
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8

The word is .. snippy. lol

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 05-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #67
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I got ur back Dawg!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #68
udeluz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
PIN: 402BE259
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
10 - 20 year prison education = Priceless!
Grand Theft of a BB? (Over 300.00)

You would MAYBE serve 1 year these days
Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #69
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Speaking as a former Verizon customer, they really aren't screwing anyone over. Yes, phones are capable of everything that their manufacturers say that they are - BUT each carrier picks and chooses what they want to have on the phone. It's a matter of what the company decides to do. Sure, things are missing from Verizon's phones, but it isn't fair to be ticked off about it after purchase when more than likely, you had ample time to have researched your choice better. Researching is part of being an informed consumer. Verizon states what is there and what isn't and what extra features you have to pay for, and if you can't find them then you probably aren't looking hard enough or reading enough small font. If you are really that unhappy about it, you are always welcome to leave your company for another by paying the ETF and going to knock on another carrier's door.

Also, as Verizon is CDMA and the Bold (in my understanding at least, please correct me if I"m wrong) is a GSM phone, my semi-educated guess is that they have to switch something in the hardware to make sure that it functions correctly on the CDMA networks. And personally, I'd rather wait a long time for something that works correctly than something that has mediocre function and a ton of bugs. Cough, OS 4.5.

PS - I meant "you" as a collective, just so that no one thinks I was trying to point a finger at them.
So your saying its okay to be screwed over if you researched it first and determined that, yes, you do in fact like shiny shafts. Removing or limiting something AND selling it for the same or more than everyone else does gives me that tingly shafted feeling. This is of course, my opinion.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #70
jtsunami09876

Model: 9800
Carrier: At&t

LOL ATT never sold a phone with 2 yr contract for more than 400 I think, so their is no way the BB will cost that much, prolly 299 with 2 yr deal, or else no one will buy it!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #71
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
LOL ATT never sold a phone with 2 yr contract for more than 400 I think, so their is no way the BB will cost that much, prolly 299 with 2 yr deal, or else no one will buy it!
That is highly incorrect. The iPhone is their best selling phone that outsold most phones in a few months, and when it was at $599. They proved that people are willing to spend $600 for a phone. Currently, the 16 gig iPhone is $499. And it will extend your contract.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #72
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
So your saying its okay to be screwed over if you researched it first and determined that, yes, you do in fact like shiny shafts. Removing or limiting something AND selling it for the same or more than everyone else does gives me that tingly shafted feeling. This is of course, my opinion.
I'm saying that if you researched it first before purchasing and signing a contract, then you know what you're getting into and you shouldn't be complaining about it as it was a voluntary choice.

Last edited by rachamphetamine; 05-26-2008 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 05-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #73
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine
Quote:
I'm saying that if you researched it first before purchasing and signing a contract, then you know what you're getting into and you shouldn't be complaining about it as it was a voluntary choice.
Hey that's cool if a shafting is voluntary. There are many reasons to want to, and be okay with getting screwed over. Its cool. Your prerogative.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #74
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine
Quote:
Hey that's cool if a shafting is voluntary. There are many reasons to want to, and be okay with getting screwed over. Its cool. Your prerogative.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #75
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

I'm not trying to say that it's fair, but like you said, it's the customer's prerogative. I'm not even a Verizon customer anymore, so this is just my outside-looking-in opinion anyway.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #76
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro12 View Post
10-20 years in prison, where do you live?!

In Massachusetts, that crime would get you 6 months probation first offense, 12 months probation second offense, 12 months probation with a fine offenses 3-6, 1 year house corrections (only six months to serve) for offenses 7-21 and...well you can see where I am going with this. On the upside you would get to keep the phones you stole...no matter how many previous offenses you had!

Wish we had your states laws!
Prison time depends on three things, how much money you have, what color you are and how bad you pissed off the system.

Regards-Michael G.
Closed Thread