greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
I strongly doubt any browser will be able to compete with Safari just yet. However, I'm not all that worried about the Bold's new browser because if it's not that great, I'll just use Opera Mini, which is fantastic. Opera Mini + 3G will certainly make me miss Safari that much less.

I am glad you are not worried
Old 07-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #142
nyne7lac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 243B93E1
Carrier: T-Mobile

I can not tell a lie...the iPhone's browser is so much better than the BB's...I can surf the web like I'm sitting at the PC, just in my hands.

But the deal breaker for me on the iPhone is that I tether my phone ALOT. I mean ALOT. If I'm in an area without wifi I just tether my phone. I do it so much I keep a data cable in my backpack, in my car, and at my parents house.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #143
Dawgfan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
mid august to late august, if not early septmeber
bet it is later than this.. by more than folks will be happy with.

in another thread Rat_Boy had some info and it kinda lines up with what few things I have heard...

Last edited by Dawgfan; 07-05-2008 at 08:40 AM..
Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #144
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyne7lac View Post
I can not tell a lie...the iPhone's browser is so much better than the BB's...I can surf the web like I'm sitting at the PC, just in my hands.

But the deal breaker for me on the iPhone is that I tether my phone ALOT. I mean ALOT. If I'm in an area without wifi I just tether my phone. I do it so much I keep a data cable in my backpack, in my car, and at my parents house.
How could you know. Neither the Bold, in it final form or the iPhone2 have been released yet.

While I have no doubt that the iPhone 2 will offer a better Interent experience that would not be enough to get me away from my Blackberry
Old 07-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #145
foner

Model: 9700
PIN: 2 something...
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
How could you know. Neither the Bold, in it final form or the iPhone2 have been released yet.

While I have no doubt that the iPhone 2 will offer a better Interent experience that would not be enough to get me away from my Blackberry
Can we not just concede that in most aspects (page rendering, easy of page navigation/manipulation etc...) the iphone browsing experience will be superior?
Will it kill us to do that?

For most diehard BB users this will never be a deal breaker, but fair is fair - iphone safari browsing (at its core) is a better browsing experience, hands down, than on any BB.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #146
Donbp

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by foner View Post
Can we not just concede that in most aspects (page rendering, easy of page navigation/manipulation etc...) the iphone browsing experience will be superior?

For most diehard BB users this will never be a deal breaker, but fair is fair - iphone safari browsing (at its core) is a better browsing experience, hands down, than on any BB.
Sure it's better and I guess there are a lot of people here who don't mind carrying around two or three or four phones so they might have the best of each within easy reach for whatever it may be that a particular phone is good for. Of course if they are actually going to talk on one of them then they will need Verizon which eliminates both the iPhone and Bold right out of the gate.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #147
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
I'm no medical student like my friends, but Epocrates and Netters Anatomy? OMG! Just those two apps alone is a big reason to dump BlackBerry and get an iPhone for someone in that field.
You keep saying that but i've been running epocrates on my BB for probably 9 months now. No issues, works great.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #148
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
Sure it's better and I guess there are a lot of people here who don't mind carrying around two or three or four phones so they might have the best of each within easy reach for whatever it may be that a particular phone is good for. Of course if they are actually going to talk on one of them then they will need Verizon which eliminates both the iPhone and Bold right out of the gate.
How silly. This is entirely dependent on where you live. In the Bay Area, I use my AT&T phone up and down the coast, my coverage and call clarity is easily equal to Verizon. When I was using a Curve, my friends couldn't even tell that I was on a cell phone.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #149
nyne7lac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 243B93E1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

How could I know what? That I tether my phone alot? Well, because I do.

What are you asking me exactly? If it's rather or not I know if I can tether with the iphone then it woulld be because you can't do it on the first generation iphone (without jailbreaking it) and it wasn't mentioned at WWDC (as far as my knowledge goes) so one would conclude that you won't be able to do it with the second generation iphone.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #150
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

I'm happy you have no doubt.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #151
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foner View Post

If you read my post I did concede, but I also said that it would never attract me enough to leave Blackberry. Lets face it one has a real keyboard and the other does not! LOL!
Closed Thread