Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Randalvdm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Bridge Email spell check?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone have any insights into whether RIM plans on adding a spell-check function in the Bridge email? It seems odd that I can spell-check on by Blackberry but not on my Playbook, especially since mis-spelled words in Bridge email are underlined in red (apparently just to taunt me).

Or is there a spell-check function in Bridge email and I just don't know how to access it?

On a related note, backspacing to correct a mis-spelled word in Bridge email is unduly clunky, and trying to pick the spot to put the cursor is a huge trial and error process. Is there any plan for RIM to add a zoom function or some other ability to be able to back the cursor up short of backspacing and deleting everything that comes after the spelling error?

Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
lesarmitage
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Voda UK (9900+PB)
Default Re: Bridge Email spell check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randalvdm View Post
Does anyone have any insights into whether RIM plans on adding a spell-check function in the Bridge email? It seems odd that I can spell-check on by Blackberry but not on my Playbook, especially since mis-spelled words in Bridge email are underlined in red (apparently just to taunt me).

Or is there a spell-check function in Bridge email and I just don't know how to access it?

On a related note, backspacing to correct a mis-spelled word in Bridge email is unduly clunky, and trying to pick the spot to put the cursor is a huge trial and error process. Is there any plan for RIM to add a zoom function or some other ability to be able to back the cursor up short of backspacing and deleting everything that comes after the spelling error?

Thoughts?
From the worst speller in the world: here|here
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randalvdm View Post

Thoughts?
I have been able to enlarge the text area by fingers together and spreading (opposite pinch). That allows me to be precise with placing the cursor.

That is how I edited the quote on this reply... Have you tried that?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Randalvdm

You can do that in the browser (which was why you could do it on your post) but you can't do that in the Bridge email. At least, I can't. Try it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

You could be right. I am not Bridged right now.

My bad....
Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

I am Bridged and I was able to enlarge the font and typing area as described above.

I will try an email now...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

You are correct. Can't change the font size in Bridged email. I do find the font a bit larger than it is typing this forum post and easier to place the cursor, but it would be much better to be able to control it as I wish.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

I use the selection mechanisim. Press and hold the offending word for a few seconds. The dual selection currsors will come up at either end of the word. Move them so they bracket the misspelled part, then type the correction.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #9
Randalvdm

Good suggestion. Doesn't fix the problem with no spell check, but it does avoid trying to place the cursor in exactly the right place to fix a typo.
Closed Thread