BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
drater

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Default 8100 voice recording

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone know of a program that I can use to record call conversations? I know the nokia e61 can do it. Please let me know, thank you.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There's a program called vr+ its from the same place that does im+ they have a recorder that does voice records like Motorola phones. I'm sure there's a way to set it up to do calls
Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
majorxp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

You can't use vr+ to record calls. The recorded calls are loud on your end and almost too quiet to hear on the other end.

....I'm looking for something to record calls as well.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
silimtao
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default There's an upgrade to VR+

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorxp View Post
You can't use vr+ to record calls. The recorded calls are loud on your end and almost too quiet to hear on the other end.

....I'm looking for something to record calls as well.
I discovered there's an upgrade to v.2 while playing with the original version I had. I've been looking for a call recorder myself, so in a VERY unscientific experiment, I called my cell from my home phone, answered the cell, activated VR+ to record, and, amazingly it captured both sides of the call. While talking to the cell, I had it buried under a pillow. The sound was intelligible enough for me to understand, "handset to cell, handset to cell", lol who says gadget geeks aren't crazy. So, I'm thinking if I put the BB on speakerphone, and hold the phone away from me, the captured call may not be too bad. But this is an unwieldy way to capture a call- answer call, go to switch applications, load VR+, then start recording. I just tried this with an outside caller, and ended up hanging up on the person. But thought to post this just to let all know there's an upgrade.

PS: it's legal in my state to record phone calls without the other side's permission as long as I'm a party to the conversation. I'd suggest you check your own state's laws as to "wiretapping", which is a criminal offense.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
silimtao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default No go

Just tried my little experiment outside with a person on the other line. Only thing that could intelligibly be heard was my voice. Hopefully, some good programmer will create something.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
Indiglo5997
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23F1BC40

Is that a standard feature on Motorola phones? i know my i870 did it and i loved that feature and it did a good job at it
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
silimtao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiglo5997 View Post
Is that a standard feature on Motorola phones? i know my i870 did it and i loved that feature and it did a good job at it
I don't know if it's standard on ALL Motorola phones, but I had it on a Motorola I had a few years back, and it worked great. In fact, I've had that on the 5-6 subsequent phones I've had since- and some of them weren't high end either. My teen daughter's phone has that capability! Among other reasons for liking it, it was good for recording instructions, directions, and the like. Oh, well, I did a lot of research before buying the pearl, so I guess it wasn't near the top of the list of must-haves. Still miss it though.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
Indiglo5997
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23F1BC40

Quote:
Originally Posted by silimtao View Post
I don't know if it's standard on ALL Motorola phones, but I had it on a Motorola I had a few years back, and it worked great. In fact, I've had that on the 5-6 subsequent phones I've had since- and some of them weren't high end either. My teen daughter's phone has that capability! Among other reasons for liking it, it was good for recording instructions, directions, and the like. Oh, well, I did a lot of research before buying the pearl, so I guess it wasn't near the top of the list of must-haves. Still miss it though.

Ya i miss it too, but i must say i LOVED how you could be in mid call and turn it on while in the call and not have to put it on hold or anything, this is how i860 was i'm not sure if it was like that across the board
Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
silimtao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiglo5997 View Post
Ya i miss it too, but i must say i LOVED how you could be in mid call and turn it on while in the call and not have to put it on hold or anything, this is how i860 was i'm not sure if it was like that across the board
In my experience with any phone that had recording capability, it was at most a 2 click process to get the recording going. The more I think about it, the more I'm ticked that RIM didn't build that capability in
Closed Thread