Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
omegadan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bmobile
Unhappy Unable to load applications using Blackberry Desktop software 6.0

Please Login to Remove!

I am using a Blackberry Bold 9000 with OS 5.0.0.681 (Bundle 1137, Platform 5.2.064) and Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 (Bundle 42) on Windows XP. I have about 20 MB of memory available for apps, but I cannot load new applications using Blackberry Desktop software. Now I can remove or unload software with no problem. However, when I attempt to load applications or software that I don't have, the following happens:

I can click on the grey cross icon under "Action" to indicate I want the module and status changes to "Pending Install". The apps I want are English UK, Spanish, Supplemental SureType Wordlists for English and Spanish, Blackberry Application Centre, DOD Root Certificates, TTY Support. I then see the following on on the screen:

"Update - Uploading Device software -->"

"Update - Loading applications -->"

"Loading device modules -->"

"Loading applications from device - Searching for available device software -->"

"Loading applications from device - Read device service information -->"

"Loading applications from device - Searching for available device software -->"

And lo and behold - the applications are not loaded; they appear as uninstalled in the application list and I can't access them on my Blackberry. During this process the phone does not reboot... previously when changes were made the phone would reboot.

The icing on the cake - if I close Desktop Softwre the following prompt appears:

"There are still outstanding changes to your applications that haven't been applied to your Blackberry device. Do you want to exit the Blackberry Desktop Software and ignore your changes?"

Ah, the irony.

My question is, is there a way to force Desktop Manager to load the applications? How can I load the software I want? I have done a wipe and reinstall of apps and OS on my phone; delete and registry clean of my laptop followed by reinstallation of Desktop Software; battery pull and SIM card pull, but to no avail. This is frustrating as I have friends with whom I converse with in Spanish but it isn't my first language so the spell checker is very useful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by omegadan; 10-06-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
omegadan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bmobile
Thumbs up Successful Solution

UPDATE

I installed Blackberry Master Control Program. Worked like a charm. I have all of the required core applications, restored my third-party apps, Address Book, etc. It was like a wipe and reinstall without too much hassle. Some of the apps I had to re-register, in a sense; e.g. resubmit login info to GMail & Shazam, BBM reappeared in the uninstalled list because an update since my last install was available, reinstall of Opera Mini. But I now have the functionality that I want.

If you are having problems with loading apps I would recommend this highly to anyone