Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
bilbonvidia

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Manx Telecom
Default 8707v Wireless contacts

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, new here and pretty new to BB's.

I am having an issue. A user has been on a wired service using the desktop software to reconcile but I have just attempted to move them to fully wireless. After wireless enterprise activation I can't for the life of me get the wireless reconcile option to appear in contacts options and none of the contacts are coming across. The device has been wiped several times and the bes account re-created to no avail. Email seems to be reconciling okay. Other first time users of Blackberry gone straight to wireless have been fine. Is this a common problem, is there anything I can try other than continually attempting wireless activation with a new code until it does appear? Or is there something I should be getting my BES admins to try.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
bilbonvidia

Model: 9780
Carrier: Manx Telecom

Reading through this site I thought I'd try deleting the desktop [sync] servic book and undeleting it. For a second the wireless option yes appeared in contacts. Then the service began initializing again which I left overnight but the address book service hung on initializing and was still there this morning and the wireless option has gone again.

Any idea why this might be hapening. Would it be worth trying a new BB user on the same BB to see if their contacs sync wirelessly.

Its Lotus Notes email by the way.

Regards
Old 04-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
DominoDongle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodaphone

I am having the same problem. One of my users had a BB working fine, we then upgraded his handset to the Curve and the option on the contacts just isn't there to sync the address book (names.nsf).

Any one have any ideas?!
Closed Thread