BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
bertnye

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Desktop Manager won't recognize USB

Please Login to Remove!

My workstation refuses to recognize my 8830’s USB.
Dual Pentium 4 @ 3.2 Ghz.
Windows XP Professional.

I had a 7250 that worked nicely yesterday. I received a new 8830 and removed all of the old software and installed 4.2.2 Desktop Manager. The workstation recognizes the 8830 as a storage device but the Desktop Manager returns the message “Device Not Found”.
I installed version 4.3 – Same story.
I have removed, re-installed, rebooted, changed cables, changed ports, and just about everything else I can think of but the problem persists.

I’m almost certain that the problem lies in some corrupt or missing file that communates between XP and the RIM software and doesn’t get replaced or repaired during the install but for the life of me I can’t find it.

Another Kicker: It works perfectly on my laptop. The laptop and the workstation were configured for the 7250. I followed the same process in removing the old and installing the new Blackberries. HELP! HELP!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Dimos

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

It seems like, problem with your BB Desktop manger Installation it doesn't recognizes BB when you connecting it. Try these:
1. Uninstall BB Desktop manager and other BB related programs. Install all updates. DO NOT CONNECT YOU BB YET!!! Make sure Cable you use is one that came with BB.
2.Charge your BB in full, Before connecting BB to the PC( assume you reinstalled Desktop manager after rebooting a PC) remove battery from BB for 5 sec and then install it back it will restart you BB, it also can be done by Pressing ALT+RIGHTSHIFT+DEL.Original cable is a must.Another Hint( old Software not always removed comletly from pc and have old regestry files sitting there). Get free programm CCleaner to clean your files and regestry, also manualy go to My computer>Program Files and Manualy delete old undeleted BB related programs. After cleaning your regestry and following this steps I hope you will be allright.Ccleaner is free and very good programm.