Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
silverbullet614

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Wet Tour

Please Login to Remove!

I'm in Brazil on a business trip and my Blackberry Tour got soaked on Sunday when it fell out of its case while getting in a car. I didn't realize it immediately and the nice folks at the hotel found it outside in the pouring rain and brought it in. I pulled the battery and dried it out as best I could and was able to boot it up but the keys did not work. I tried using a hair dryer set on low and at a good distance away for about 30 minutes. It booted up fine and was totally functional and even showed the blinking red light indicating it was taking a charge. The next night when I went to charge it it would reboot every time I plugged it in to either the wall or USB connection on my laptop. The battery indicator is showing its fully charged as is the sync program. The only way it does NOT reboot is if I warm it with the hair dryer again although it still shows fully charged.
Today the back-light behind the keys went out.
I really don't know how much charge is left and I'm trying to nurse it until I return to the US on Saturday as its the only phone I have here that works.
Any thoughts on the rebooting when the phone is cold and why it doesn't do that when its warm? Thanks in advance for any comments!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Wet Tour

By putting the battery back in so soon, you probably fried it.

From our FAQ: Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
maayarose

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BlackBerry

Hi.
I got my blackberry tour wet and it still turns on but none of the buttons work and the trackball rolls but it does not click. if i order a replacement housing and keyboard, will my buttons work? P.s- this was a couple months ago and i already got a different phone and it is older. I really want my tour back, but sprint wouldn't fix it. please tell me how i can fix it. i already put it in rice for a couple days and it didn't work. and i blow dried it. Still no luck. the white dots are not red on the inside. Pleaase helllp!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maayarose View Post
Hi.
I got my blackberry tour wet and it still turns on but none of the buttons work and the trackball rolls but it does not click. if i order a replacement housing and keyboard, will my buttons work? P.s- this was a couple months ago and i already got a different phone and it is older. I really want my tour back, but sprint wouldn't fix it. please tell me how i can fix it. i already put it in rice for a couple days and it didn't work. and i blow dried it. Still no luck. the white dots are not red on the inside. Pleaase helllp!
If you didn't let it dry properly and for at least 5 days, then it is beyond fixing. If Sprint will not give you a 9630, then see if you can find one on eBay or in our Buy / Sell / Trade section. But before you buy a used one, make sure you read the FAQ article on Buying a used BB from eBay.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread