BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
gravalic

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default "Video Share" for the Storm?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All...Let me preface this by saying I posted the same question over on CrackBerry and got one response suggesting the post didn't belong in a Storm forum. Not sure why as it is completely Storm related. Just in case let me say that I am a happy Storm owner. Best device I ever owned. One of the things that makes it great is its ability to improve via OS updates. Hopefully I have "genuflected" enough at the alter of the Storm to ask this question without getting flamed. Here goes...

I recently noticed on a commercial for HTC that the device has a feature called "video share". This feature allows you to share real time video with a caller while on the call. For example...if I was at a football game and I wanted to share some of the experience with a friend I could call that friend, point my BB's video camera at the action and they would see what I am seeing as I see it. Very cool in my opinion.

Given that the Storm has a decent video camera and the dvice runs on 3G...is it conceiveable that such a feature could come to the Storm in future OS upgrades? Or is there some hardware requirement I am not considering? I'd love to get your opinions.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravalic View Post
Hi All...Let me preface this by saying I posted the same question over on CrackBerry and got one response suggesting the post didn't belong in a Storm forum. Not sure why as it is completely Storm related. Just in case let me say that I am a happy Storm owner. Best device I ever owned. One of the things that makes it great is its ability to improve via OS updates. Hopefully I have "genuflected" enough at the alter of the Storm to ask this question without getting flamed. Here goes...

I recently noticed on a commercial for HTC that the device has a feature called "video share". This feature allows you to share real time video with a caller while on the call. For example...if I was at a football game and I wanted to share some of the experience with a friend I could call that friend, point my BB's video camera at the action and they would see what I am seeing as I see it. Very cool in my opinion.

Given that the Storm has a decent video camera and the dvice runs on 3G...is it conceiveable that such a feature could come to the Storm in future OS upgrades? Or is there some hardware requirement I am not considering? I'd love to get your opinions.
I don't think you will get flamed for this question. Yeah i have seen the same commercial for the HTC. Looks like a cool technology. Not sure if there is a hardware requirement, but as it is streaming video there is the possibility that it could be included in a future OS build, but I have not heard any rumblings about such a feature coming to the Storm. That being said, I'm not in a position to know all the future plans for the device, so I can only suggest that you submit it as a feature request with RIM/Verizon and see with they say.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
gravalic

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMedley View Post
I don't think you will get flamed for this question. Yeah i have seen the same commercial for the HTC. Looks like a cool technology. Not sure if there is a hardware requirement, but as it is streaming video there is the possibility that it could be included in a future OS build, but I have not heard any rumblings about such a feature coming to the Storm. That being said, I'm not in a position to know all the future plans for the device, so I can only suggest that you submit it as a feature request with RIM/Verizon and see with they say.
Thanks William. I will do that. I appreciate the response.
Closed Thread